Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

July Week 4

36 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Multiple Coaches have tested positive around the state.  It really isn't news.

But it is in BOLD 48- point font, don’t you understand what that means?

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

It's HIPAA, not HIPPA.  And no law was violated.  No persons name or his personal health history.

and I believe that HIPAA and FERPA only apply to the person who has direct access to services or the file. Anything that is said through speculation or word of mouth is not a violation.

9 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Multiple Coaches have tested positive around the state.  It really isn't news.

So you are fine with this?  You are losing the purpose of our game.  It is to teach these young men that the whole is greater than the individual.  When our older citizens are at risk we must protect them.  Your lack of empathy for your fellow football enthusiasts is a problem.  

16 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

So you are fine with this?  You are losing the purpose of our game.  It is to teach these young men that the whole is greater than the individual.  When our older citizens are at risk we must protect them.  Your lack of empathy for your fellow football enthusiasts is a problem.  

So if I was a betting man I'd say not a coach and teacher who doesn't want to go back to work?    

Edited by Mayo77

Three Pioneer football players have tested positive for COVID-19, Athletic Director John Bingaman confirmed on Thursday night.

Bingaman said all three student-athletes are asymptomatic.

“We shut things down for football until Wednesday, Aug. 5,” Bingaman said

On 7/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, Staxawax said:

It's HIPAA, not HIPPA.  And no law was violated.  No persons name or his personal health history.

My mistake on the law. I got so used to cool names like PATH, HEROES, CARES, and HEALS I forgot when bills didn’t have phonetic names. Ever try to say EGTRAA, JGTRAA, ARRA, PPACA or TCJA five times fast? 

The HIPAA comment was meant in jest. It’s been a running joke amongst my coworkers ever since we got a company-wide email stating we had a positive test in the payroll office. When the payroll department is only 3 people and one of them doesn’t show up for several days, it sort of takes the ‘privacy’ aspect out of the equation. I will be sure to add an LOL or emoji next time for clarification.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cw13 said:

Three Pioneer football players have tested positive for COVID-19, Athletic Director John Bingaman confirmed on Thursday night.

Bingaman said all three student-athletes are asymptomatic.

“We shut things down for football until Wednesday, Aug. 5,” Bingaman said

Lake Central, the largest high school in the region, has announced that school administrators have recommended e-learning should start the year off for the duration of one month.  With that all, extra-curricular activities (I believe athletics is one) will be suspended during that time.  

Will there be a domino effect?

By the way, this decision was based on scientific research, not just giving kids “something to do”.

15 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Lake Central, the largest high school in the region, has announced that school administrators have recommended e-learning should start the year off for the duration of one month.  With that all, extra-curricular activities (I believe athletics is one) will be suspended during that time.  

Will there be a domino effect?

By the way, this decision was based on scientific research, not just giving kids “something to do”.

Lake Central football begins practice on Monday, 8/3. 

I just got our beginning of school year information and video. GREAT WORK KV Board, Supers and leaders. Can’t wait to be back, in person on 8/10. Great use of Science, collaborative work w government, and common sense. 

19 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Lake Central football begins practice on Monday, 8/3. 

Not according to the NWITimes 4 hours ago, unless they intend to practice on 8/3 and then suspend further practices after that date:

"School officials are also recommended the suspension of all extracurricular and co-curricular activities beginning Aug. 4 and extending through the duration of e-learning.

Edited by gonzoron

39 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Just reporting what I saw.  I’m not saying if it’s right or wrong as I truly do not know that answer, just like everyone else.

I can’t read the article online (Read my 5 stories this month) but the headline says they “recommend” virtual delay and start date. Are they still deciding? Heard the teacher union is behind this move...

4 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I can’t read the article online (Read my 5 stories this month) but the headline says they “recommend” virtual delay and start date. Are they still deciding? Heard the teacher union is behind this move...

I believe they are, I don’t think it’s set in stone.  This is only my first so I’ll keep you posted, although the Post-Tribune could also be a good resource.

13 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Yes, not completely official yet. FTA: "The recommendation, to be brought to the Lake Central school board on Monday for an official vote"

11 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Tri-Township School Corporation in Wanatah (near Valparaiso) will be e-learning until further notice.  I don’t think TTSC has a football team.

Could be wrong but that is either LaCrosse HS (no football) or South Central (LaPorte) who has football and is starting virtually.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:55 AM, Temptation said:

But it is in BOLD 48- point font, don’t you understand what that means?

Like I asked him earlier. Does he go hunting for these?  His post in BOLD 48 point font, proves it. Sad. 

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Just reporting what I saw.  I’m not saying if it’s right or wrong as I truly do not know that answer, just like everyone else.

So was I. From their HFB Coach. 

22 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Tri-Township School Corporation in Wanatah (near Valparaiso) will be e-learning until further notice.  I don’t think TTSC has a football team.

LaCrosse HS. And no. They do not. 

11 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Could be wrong but that is either LaCrosse HS (no football) or South Central (LaPorte) who has football and is starting virtually.

It’s LaCrosse

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

If you have an IPhone just go to settings-safari-clear history and website data.  Then you will get 5 more stories.  Clears your “cookies”.

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

If you have an IPhone just go to settings-safari-clear history and website data.  Then you will get 5 more stories.  Clears your “cookies”.

Will try that, looks like they’ve updated the story...