Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

July Week 4

Here's a different question; what schools have already started?  I saw this on the news last Thursday, Washington Township started 100% virtual but Greenfield-Central started in person.  

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/education/back-to-school/washington-township-and-greenfield-central-start-school-thursday

Here's a more expansive story on Avon reopening on Wednesday.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/education/back-to-school/avon-students-return-to-the-classroom-for-a-different-kind-of-school-year

Edited by wabashalwaysfights
Additional Link

38 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Here's a different question; what schools have already started?  I saw this on the news last Thursday, Washington Township started 100% virtual but Greenfield-Central started in person.  

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/education/back-to-school/washington-township-and-greenfield-central-start-school-thursday

Here's a more expansive story on Avon reopening on Wednesday.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/education/back-to-school/avon-students-return-to-the-classroom-for-a-different-kind-of-school-year

Zionsville

Brownsburg

Could this be a time for schools to go back to a more traditional school timeline?

Start much closer to Labor Day and end around first week of June......

Get the 180 days in (or adjust lower.......) AND get rid of all the testing. 

Im sure there’s more I’m leaving out. 

If teachers worked less than the 180 days, I would be fine in a reduction in pay. 

I could make up for it in officiating and getting a 3rd job.....like lawn care.

Just ideas. 

37 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Could this be a time for schools to go back to a more traditional school timeline?

If teachers worked less than the 180 days, I would be fine in a reduction in pay. 

Just ideas. 

This begs an interesting question, where does the 180 number come from? I honestly don't know,  I just always assumed that the old "traditional" calendar had close to that but I don't know that for a fact. 

44 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

This begs an interesting question, where does the 180 number come from? I honestly don't know,  I just always assumed that the old "traditional" calendar had close to that but I don't know that for a fact. 

https://education-reimagined.org/why-180-days/

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Not sure what drove it here in Indiana, but 1989 is when the change occurred here. One would think that the blizzards of 78 and 79 would have been the cause for the changes, but getting it through 10 years later does not add up. I know that Michigan and Wisconsin have both eliminated the 180 day requirement within the last couple years. They are allowed to look at hours spent in different subjects over the course of a year. It also means they can build in time to avoid snow make up days. 

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

FANTASTIC question.  Let me see what I can find out.

The 160 this past year sure seemed ok.

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Just ideas. 

I knew I left out a major topic.  Adjust/cancel some of the breaks during the school year.

Education would save billions a year in less pay by the government and would allow us educators to get 2nd and 3rd jobs if we so choose.  I would LOVE this.  I could officiate.  I could mow lawns in the evening after working a summer day job all while saving the taxpayer billions (if passed and all educators salaries were slightly reduced).  

I would think the major hurdle would be teacher's unions.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

1 hour ago, Raven67 said:

Question.... out of all the positive cases in football players and coaches so far this season, how many have been hospitalized, had serious symptoms, or died? Or better yet...passed it along..   

I know dozens of kids who have had COVID-19.  Not a single hospitalization.  Yet the folks preaching for Spring Football say it's to protect the kids??

• Like 1