Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football/School Start Date

14 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

I think the IHSAA is kicking the can and letting the schools make the call. Someone can correct me if im wrong, but I believe they even put out that if kids are doing online learning from home they are still eligible to participate in sports. That to me is them saying "Hey schools, ball is in your court" if you want to play we will be here to run the tournaments. This is very different to the approach they took during the Boys Basketball tournament. It's going to be an interesting next 8-10 days. 

That is correct, but I believe it is based on the school's direction.  In another words, the IHSAA will allow it, but I believe that schools still have the final call on whether THEY will allow it.  TSC just announced to their students that students doing online classes will be able to participate in extra-curricular activities.  WLFI ran a brief story on it.

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/TSC-moving-start-date-back-to-August-20th-571886051.html

FTA:

TSC also stated that Students who select TSC’s Virtual Academy option are eligible to participate in extracurricular activities such as athletics at their home school. The Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) and the Indiana Department of Education recently released guidance that allows for students enrolled in their regular school’s virtual option to remain eligible for extracurricular participation.

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Thank you for the clarification.

Postponed phillies/yanks game too. 

Now im starting to think college football is bye bye and NFL will prob go into bubble like NBA did. 

11 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Postponed phillies/yanks game too. 

Now im starting to think college football is bye bye and NFL will prob go into bubble like NBA did. 

It’s looking more like it.  To clarify, I never wished for this to happen, but it looks more and more like the responsible thing to do.  

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

GLVC just postponed all fall sports to spring. 

Dang... This is really starting to bite the "its a hoax" and its the "democrats way to beat trump"

Edited by TheStatGuy

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Are they also suspending in person classes?

I do not believe that is up to the conference, but the individual universities. I believe at the moment UIndy is offering both options. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Rutgers team is quarantined I heard. I'm also hearing possible delay in start of school year for area district(s)?? There may be some news this week. 

TSC announced it was pushing its start date back to August 20.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Who is TSC?

Tippecanoe School Corp.  5A Harrison and 5A McCutcheon.  LSC, Lafayette School Corp also pushed back a week to 8/20 too.  LSC houses 6A Lafayette Jeff.

12 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

20200727_160335.jpg

Doesn't speak very well for U.S. efforts to contain it. Pathetic.

22 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Tippecanoe School Corp.  5A Harrison and 5A McCutcheon.  LSC, Lafayette School Corp also pushed back a week to 8/20 too.  LSC houses 6A Lafayette Jeff.

West Lafayette not included in this? 

What are LCC plans, do you know?

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

West Lafayette not included in this? 

What are LCC plans, do you know?

WL is starting on August 20 too for face-to-face I believe.

I think LCSS is starting on August 11, but don't quote me on that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Rutgers team is quarantined I heard. I'm also hearing possible delay in start of school year for area district(s)?? There may be some news this week. 

FWCS just announced this evening kids are starting back on August 13th. Teachers asked for more time to prepare for the combination of virtual and in person teaching, as well as putting other plans in place for safety.  

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

FWCS just announced this evening kids are starting back on August 13th. Teachers asked for more time to prepare for the combination of virtual and in person teaching, as well as putting other plans in place for safety.  

Is this the original start date?

22 hours ago, Temptation said:

Why should tennis, golf and cross country shut down?  It makes zero sense.

I agree, it makes zero sense to shut tennis, golf, and cross country down. 

I hope that is not what happens.

It just sounds like that is what would happen. If one gets shut down, they all get shut down.

Time will tell what decisions are made.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

5 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

I agree, it makes zero sense to shut tennis, golf, and cross country down. 

I hope that is not what happens.

It just sounds like that is what would happen. If one gets shut down, they all get shut down.

Time will tell what decisions are made.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Exactly, time will tell, nothing else.  I know we all want to get back to normal, but time is the only thing that will allow that.

11 hours ago, Irishman said:

I should have clarified, I'm in the South Bend/Mishawaka/Elkhart Tri-plex metro area.