Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football/School Start Date

21 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

I believe SB plan is voted on next Monday - but they were stating on line supposedly and adding in person

According to the super...the year will start virtual.  They will look at the county data to see when to start in person.  Teacher will be in the building.  The start date is August 12

13 minutes ago, Gipper said:

It’s much more than choosing to wear a mask or not.

Yes, this is a world changing event, seems more so in the U.S. So, back to the subject. Here are my thoughts. Every attempt will be made district wide to do the best they can to have in person teaching and some form of virtual. I know the IHSAA said the kids doing virtual can play. There will be an attempt to start fall sports, some districts will probably be more successful than others. As season progresses per selected sport, any area will pair down due to school participation and pull back as virus spreads, that sport of choice will have to adjust to amount to schools that can maintain participation in that sport. As most know, if things progress on negative side, does this become a state or local decision? The arrow is pointing down vs up on this at this point, IMO. They may play but a scaled back schedule at best. Is that what we want?? Play just so they can play no matter what?? We all know that the football and other fall sports will be chopped up. What is the end game here, play any type of sport/season for a few games or keep people safe?? 

I'm just asking here.

If this sport activity is supposed to be about the kids playing the sport, and not for the adults, should they not be asked how they feel about this?  Now, we are dealing with 15 to 18 year olds who have not fully matured, but has anyone even asked any of them what they want?  I know that my 18 year old just wants a football season, and he says any kind of season, whether it be shortened, chopped up, or opponent changes as they go along.  

And, like many others have said, these young men have been socializing for a number of weeks now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sports Fan said:

If this sport activity is supposed to be about the kids playing the sport, and not for the adults, should they not be asked how they feel about this?  Now, we are dealing with 15 to 18 year olds who have not fully matured, but has anyone even asked any of them what they want?  I know that my 18 year old just wants a football season, and he says any kind of season, whether it be shortened, chopped up, or opponent changes as they go along.  

And, like many others have said, these young men have been socializing for a number of weeks now.

My son is in the same boat as yours.  He’s been hanging out with his teammates all summer long.

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yes, this is a world changing event, seems more so in the U.S. So, back to the subject. Here are my thoughts. Every attempt will be made district wide to do the best they can to have in person teaching and some form of virtual. I know the IHSAA said the kids doing virtual can play. There will be an attempt to start fall sports, some districts will probably be more successful than others. As season progresses per selected sport, any area will pair down due to school participation and pull back as virus spreads, that sport of choice will have to adjust to amount to schools that can maintain participation in that sport. As most know, if things progress on negative side, does this become a state or local decision? The arrow is pointing down vs up on this at this point, IMO. They may play but a scaled back schedule at best. Is that what we want?? Play just so they can play no matter what?? We all know that the football and other fall sports will be chopped up. What is the end game here, play any type of sport/season for a few games or keep people safe?? 

I'm just asking here.

Do both while mitigating risk.  If folks want to totally eliminate all risk from this virus...we need to all head home and not leave except to go to the grocery with an N95 mask on.  I decided this morning not to cross the street to get my mail.....it just isn't worth the risk.

10 hours ago, psaboy said:

Hey, he has is mask on now!!!

And his Topps baseball card is the best selling card of all time.

Dr. Fauci's Baseball Card Just Became the All-Time Best-Selling Card in Topps Now's History

https://people.com/sports/dr-faucis-baseball-card-just-became-the-all-time-best-selling-card-in-topps-history/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

And his Topps baseball card is the best selling card of all time.

Dr. Fauci's Baseball Card Just Became the All-Time Best-Selling Card in Topps Now's History

https://people.com/sports/dr-faucis-baseball-card-just-became-the-all-time-best-selling-card-in-topps-history/

as an avid baseball card collector:   This headline is interesting to say the least..   Reason being, us card collectors understand that when we buy this card, we can re sell it the suckers who have no idea the actual value of said card and will make a nice markup.   That is what drove the print number up.   Its a novelty item that some schmuck will pay crazy money for. 

as seen here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Topps-Now-2-Dr-Anthony-Fauci-RC-Rookie-Card-Trump/233662632051?hash=item366760d073:g:VNkAAOSwwb1fHIyf

and here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Anthony-Fauci-MLB-TOPPS-NOW-Card-2-presale/392888092761?hash=item5b79f48859:g:Q~kAAOSws3xfH2BO

GROSSLY HERE: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Fauci+Rookie+Topps+NOw&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

as an avid baseball card collector:   This headline is interesting to say the least..   Reason being, us card collectors understand that when we buy this card, we can re sell it the suckers who have no idea the actual value of said card and will make a nice markup.   That is what drove the print number up.   Its a novelty item that some schmuck will pay crazy money for. 

as seen here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Topps-Now-2-Dr-Anthony-Fauci-RC-Rookie-Card-Trump/233662632051?hash=item366760d073:g:VNkAAOSwwb1fHIyf

and here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Anthony-Fauci-MLB-TOPPS-NOW-Card-2-presale/392888092761?hash=item5b79f48859:g:Q~kAAOSws3xfH2BO

GROSSLY HERE: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Fauci+Rookie+Topps+NOw&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

If they sold so many, won't that decrease the value? Better get in on the ponzi scheme before it goes South!

Or will his detractors boycott Topps Now! for even making the card? Buy them up so they can burn them? We may need to wait until church camp is over to find out the rest of the story.

Edited by gonzoron

22 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

If they sold so many, won't that decrease the value? Better get in on the ponzi scheme before it goes South!

Or will his detractors boycott Topps Now! for even making the card? Buy them up so they can burn them? We may need to wait until church camp is over to find out the rest of the story.

I had never heard Topps Now until this week - it started in 2016. I guess that explains why. 

Speaking of Ponzi scheme investments - anybody need some Beany Babies from the late 90’s? They were supposed to be our retirement nest egg... 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gipper said:

Should we surprised?

I'm not at all.

Gonna suck seeing potentially 2 weeks of games then season gets cancelled. 

It could have all been avoided but it's not about kids. Its about the $. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

15 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I had never heard Topps Now until this week - it started in 2016. I guess that explains why. 

Speaking of Ponzi scheme investments - anybody need some Beany Babies from the late 90’s? They were supposed to be our retirement nest egg... 

Topps cards have been around since 1951. They sold cards when I was a kid 55+ years ago. That’s about the same time I lost all interest in baseball.

7 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I'm not at all.

We might see 2 weeks of games and 4 programs cancel....but most of the state will push forward.

10 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I'm not at all.

Which is very unfortunate.

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

We might see 2 weeks of games and 4 programs cancel....but most of the state will push forward.

Nope. 

There is 0 chance this season finishes for any team. 

I bet there will be schools that don't even start.

Indy area, region area and South Bend area. 

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Which is very unfortunate.

Yup, i hate how people are like man.. Quit being a downer. 

Nah. Its called being realistic. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

12 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Topps cards have been around since 1951. They sold cards when I was a kid 55+ years ago. That’s about the same time I lost all interest in baseball.

I’m well aware of Topps. Had just about every card of the 1986 and 1987 seasons (loved the wood grain.)

Topps Now - the 24 hour on-demand printing version of their cards has been around since 2016. 

https://www.topps.com/toppsnow?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI77mt9_ry6gIVi4TICh3Ibw3vEAAYASABEgLbmvD_BwE

Dr. Fauci has the most printed Topps NOW card. Not the highest Topps Card. 

19 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Nope. 

There is 0 chance this season finishes for any team. 

I bet there will be schools that don't even start.

Indy area, region area and South Bend area. 

Yup, i hate how people are like man.. Quit being a downer. 

Nah. Its called being realistic. 

IMHO...we will get through it.  It’s what winners do.

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

IMHO...we will get through it.  It’s what winners do.

So we were "quitters" last year in regards to winter sports and spring? 

I think your definition of being a winner is different than mine. I think you replaced the definitions of winner with the definition of idiot.