Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football/School Start Date

2 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

So we were "quitters" last year in regards to winter sports and spring? 

I think your definition of being a winner is different than mine. I think you replaced the definitions of winner with the definition of idiot. 

We can agree to disagree.  Science is on the side of moving forward.  Canceling during the "flattening the curve" shutdown was a have to.  Now we have choices.  I choose to do the hard work.

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

We can agree to disagree.  Science is on the side of moving forward.  Canceling during the "flattening the curve" shutdown was a have to.  Now we have choices.  I choose to do the hard work.

You never answered my question. 

Were we quitters when we cancelled spring sports and ended tourney early.?

That's right. You can't answer it... Cause you basically did. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

So, the people who believe in a more conservative approach to resumption of activities and easing of restrictions are not really motivated by public health concerns? They’re just lazy?

Just now, TheStatGuy said:

You never answered my question. 

Were we quitters when we cancelled spring sports and ended tourney early.?

Yes I did, read closer....the answer is there!

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

So, the people who believe in a more conservative approach to resumption of activities and easing of restrictions are not really motivated by public health concerns? They’re just lazy?

Come on Bob...you know it's not that simple.  But cancel culture is easier is it not?

36 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Nope. 

There is 0 chance this season finishes for any team. 

I bet there will be schools that don't even start.

Indy area, region area and South Bend area. 

Yup, i hate how people are like man.. Quit being a downer. 

Nah. Its called being realistic. 

And what if your opinion that you are posting a factual tone, is WRONG?    

then what?  

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Bob. 

He basically called the ihsaa quitters and when i called him out on it, he didn't answer directly and just pivoted. He'll do that here too. 

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

then what?  

You think we are gonna finish? Cause every coach I know doesn't think so. 

You either are lying to us or yourself if you think we do. 

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Come on Bob...you know it's not that simple.  But cancel culture is easier is it not?

There is nothing easy about any of this, regardless of your viewpoint. And, frankly, the implication in your post is insulting to those who hold a contrary viewpoint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

then what?  

And nothing in my tone was factual. It was an opinion, great assumption though. 

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

There is nothing easy about any of this, regardless of your viewpoint. And, frankly, the implication in your post is insulting to those who hold a contrary viewpoint.

Didn't mean to insult your work ethic, I believe it is sound.

9 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Bob. 

He basically called the ihsaa quitters and when i called him out on it, he didn't answer directly and just pivoted. He'll do that here too. 

"Canceling during the "flattening the curve" shutdown was a have to"  What part of that do you not understand?  Your questions aren't exactly Perry Masonish.

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

It is. I want to go back to normal but this isn't it. 

All the ihsaa is doing is choosing money over safety. 

They are setting the kids up for failure and disappointment. I feel absolutely bad for programs like Knox and South Adams that have 2 once in a life times teams and won't get to finish due to adults letting them down. 

Wouldn't it be interesting to let the kids play...WITHOUT any adults on the field.  Those are the people we are trying to protect.

They can receive instruction from the press box.  Officials can call penalties from the stands.

The kids would be able to finish their season without harming adults. (Except the bus drivers)

A shame adults would never let that happen

Anyone speaking in absolutes on this topic is wrong from the get go. No one knows exactly where we are headed, but I like to look at the optimistic side of things. As some have stated before, these kids for the most part have been around each other and each other's families for at least the last month or so. If there was going to be a big spread, we would have likely seen it by now. Also, until the governor, the IHSAA, a county health department, or a school board tells us we are not going to have a season, I am going to coach like we are and make sure I am following the safety recommendations laid out. The kids deserve both our hardest work as coaches as well as our highest diligence to adhere to safety precautions we have been given to protect them and their season.

• Like 2

Its just funny how we are talking about limiting attendance at IHSAA games, when I have seen and been to several baseball games this season with packed stands and everything else. Only thing missing was the concession stand (actually had to cook this summer...). This summer has gone on as normal, albeit started later, for these sports, but it is magically going to be strikingly different when school starts? Gimme a break. The best thing for these kids is to get them back into a normal routine.

If you're scared stay home and let the rest of us do the living. Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

9 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Wouldn't it be interesting to let the kids play...WITHOUT any adults on the field.  Those are the people we are trying to protect.

They can receive instruction from the press box.  Officials can call penalties from the stands.

The kids would be able to finish their season without harming adults. (Except the bus drivers)

A shame adults would never let that happen

We always think we see things from the stands that the official(s) misses when he is right on top of the play.  I don't think officials have better eyesight, so officiating from the press box would be impossible.

2 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

We always think we see things from the stands that the official(s) misses when he is right on top of the play.  I don't think officials have better eyesight, so officiating from the press box would be impossible.

I am pretty good at it though, ask @Yuccaguy 😄

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

Anyone speaking in absolutes on this topic is wrong from the get go. No one knows exactly where we are headed, but I like to look at the optimistic side of things. As some have stated before, these kids for the most part have been around each other and each other's families for at least the last month or so. If there was going to be a big spread, we would have likely seen it by now. Also, until the governor, the IHSAA, a county health department, or a school board tells us we are not going to have a season, I am going to coach like we are and make sure I am following the safety recommendations laid out. The kids deserve both our hardest work as coaches as well as our highest diligence to adhere to safety precautions we have been given to protect them and their season.

See this @TheStatGuy    

This is EXACTLY where I stand and actual coaches that I speak to from across the state of Indiana.   

It is not idiotic for one to hope the season will begin and ultimately end with six champions crowned in Indianapolis over Thanksgiving weekend.   But if one follows national trends, the opposite may occur.  

We can only hope all turns out well.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2020/07/29/ihsaa-plans-move-forward-fall-sports-schedules/5536814002/

IHSAA assistant commissioner Robert Faulkens sent out an email detailing additional guidelines for football games.

Team boxes on the sideline will extend 80 yards, between each 10-yard line, for reserve players to space out. Previously teams were to stay within the 25-yard lines on each end.

The email also suggests, "that you consider not having any non-game personnel on the sidelines. That would include school administrators, media and all others non-participants." 

Many schools throughout Indiana have stopped the voluntary summer workouts due to safety concerns or after having received positive COVID-19 cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

@Yuccaguy had to hear me one night as well. Although I didn't know him at the time.......

I like to joke now and say that I like these new mask rules for AAU basketball games because the officials can't tell who's yelling. Everyone I know tells me "You're wrong" after I say that....................They used to call me Mr. Bullhorn in my younger days.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

You sure as heck are....  Damn I hate FILM!!!  It never lies, but can be "dissected"...

"What you think you are seeing, isn't what really happened"...  OR "These are not the Droids you are looking for"...

Take your pick, that's my story, and I am sticking to it!!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

@Yuccaguy had to hear me one night as well. Although I didn't know him at the time.......

I like to joke now and say that I like these new mask rules for AAU basketball games because the officials can't tell who's yelling. Everyone I know tells me "You're wrong" after I say that....................They used to call me Mr. Bullhorn in my younger days.

But that issue got solved....QUICK FAST AND IN A HURRY, didn't it?

And you were just fine, my friend.  It amazed me that they knew EXACTLY who the culprits were...🤣🤣

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

But that issue got solved....QUICK FAST AND IN A HURRY, didn't it?

And you were just fine, my friend.  It amazed me that they knew EXACTLY who the culprits were...🤣🤣

Any game I feel like I don't need to yell is a great officiating crew. Your crew was first rate. And that culprit wasn't me that time, lol. I don't need artificial noise makers!

• Thanks 1