Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indys Top Catholic Powers - Is there a new pecking order?

Guest DT

7 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Hardly anyone saw this anyway.... all the old money is still working on their tans at lake Wawasee.   🤭

Actually brilliant. I wrote my original post standing waist-deep in the clear, blue, natural waters of Lake Wawa.  Hopefully CHS - Penn happens so we can pre-game at the Frog with all the “old money” dive bar Cathedral parents and fans in Syracuse.

Speaking of the Frog, I frequently bump into the Northwood coach. If Rona swipes the Penn - Cathedral game, my Amish friends are ready for the challenge. And the word in the street is Northwood is stacked this season. 

15 hours ago, Lysander said:

Jeez,  IWG, do you take the little blue pills whenever you see the word “Chatard”?  

It’s like you are responding to yourself.

I get it, though,........most of you wealthy antiquarians at Cathedral occasionally need a bit of an “assist”.  Good on you Irish for keeping on keeping on, though.  

Excepting me, of course, we all need a bit of an occasional “lift”.

You’re wrong per your earlier self-responding post, of course...no shock there.  You belittled comparing the size of schools earlier as regards Chatard v. Cathedral (which in most years is twice as large as Chatard...despite recent declines in Cathedral student population....you guys need to switch some of that financial “need” dollars to regular students) yet you were happy to step out of 6A after you didn’t make the cut.

The reality here is that Cathedral can reach out and talk DIRECTLY to every individual archdiocese student and parent by phone and tell them they can be a star and win a State Ring at Cathedral (or, not mentioned during that phone call, simply be gold helmet fodder....).  Chatard can’t call anyone (about ANYTHING)....including their own Archdiocese kids.

That said, it would be hard for me to imagine that the rest of the state could dislike Cathedral more (as in “hate”) if they recognized Cathedral’s full advantages......

OK...Cathedral is 15-5 v. Chatard the last 20 years.  You were wrong (no surprise).

I'm thinking Chatard’s 10 State Championships the last 20 years vs Cathedral’s lesser number might have addled you.

So many excuses, Little Bro. I wouldn’t trade our state title numbers for your 3A title numbers ever. We both know if you had to go through Cathedral or Roncalli in half of those title runs, you wouldn’t have 1/3 of dem rings. It’s kinda like J/V state. You have the same access Cathedral does. You have half of the IndyWest Deanery on your roster this year. So, don’t poor mouth your Chatard Recruiting ability...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Actually brilliant. I wrote my original post standing waist-deep in the clear, blue, natural waters of Lake Wawa.  Hopefully CHS - Penn happens so we can pre-game at the Frog with all the “old money” dive bar Cathedral parents and fans in Syracuse.

Speaking of the Frog, I frequently bump into the Northwood coach. If Rona swipes the Penn - Cathedral game, my Amish friends are ready for the challenge. And the word in the street is Northwood is stacked this season. 

My intuitive abilities can b quite extroudinary..... an baffle the men of science.....  😁

On 8/8/2020 at 7:58 PM, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

So many excuses, Little Bro. I wouldn’t trade our state title numbers for your 3A title numbers ever. We both know if you had to go through Cathedral or Roncalli in half of those title runs, you wouldn’t have 1/3 of dem rings. It’s kinda like J/V state. You have the same access Cathedral does. You have half of the IndyWest Deanery on your roster this year. So, don’t poor mouth your Chatard Recruiting ability...

So u belittle Chatard for winning titles in 3A, the class they’re suppose to be in per enrollment, so funny. While Cathedral has a recruiting advantage over everyone. It’s comical u consider Cathedral in the same breathe as Chatard and other Catholic schools anyway. I always find it laughable that Cathedral never shows the middle school that it’s athletes come from on the game rosters while Chatard lists the deanery schools. Chatard is the reliable Honda that everyone respects while Cathedral is the Tesla that everyone knows the driver has intimacy issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2020 at 7:48 PM, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Miss a week miss a lot.    

Man.....spent the last week wading hip-deep in a grease pit working on several true, great American muscle cars (like any real red-blooded American should)..........working hard for a living....no Wawasee coupon-clipping.......or even Cathedral recruiting visits.

Summers always remind me when me and the Old Man in the 18-Wheeler were hauling real American steel to the Gary mills my Senior summer.  I’ll never forget hauling American steel through the week and on the weekends when I wet-sanded and painted my wife’s (wife-to-be, then) 1968 Nova with Imron airplane paint back in the day.  Frickin’ Imron paint was like titanium....until someone broadsided her at a stoplight.  Absolute TRUTH in this paragraph, btw.....no kidding....  

She’s lasted a a fair bit longer than the paint....or the car.  

Still.......wish we had the car too.

Chatard v. Northwood was a fun game last year.  Great hosts.  Think that game might still be on YouTube.

Seriously, as hardscrabble folk as me and the Old Lady might be (she’d never admit it, though), thank God my kids got some understanding at Chatard of a life earned vs. a life given.  

They’d never got that at 56th and Emerson.

Just sayin’ .....as they all seem to say these days.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

Miss a week miss a lot.    

Man.....spent the last week wading hip-deep in a grease pit working on several true, great American muscle cars (like any real red-blooded American should)..........working hard for a living....no Wawasee coupon-clipping.......or even Cathedral recruiting visits.

Summers always remind me when me and the Old Man in the 18-Wheeler were hauling real American steel to the Gary mills my Senior summer.  I’ll never forget hauling American steel through the week and on the weekends when I wet-sanded and painted my wife’s (wife-to-be, then) 1968 Nova with Imron airplane paint back in the day.  Frickin’ Imron paint was like titanium....until someone broadsided her at a stoplight.  Absolute TRUTH in this paragraph, btw.....no kidding....  

She’s lasted a a fair bit longer than the paint....or the car.  

Still.......wish we had the car too.

Chatard v. Northwood was a fun game last year.  Great hosts.  Think that game might still be on YouTube.

Seriously, as hardscrabble folk as me and the Old Lady might be (she’d never admit it, though), thank God my kids got some understanding at Chatard of a life earned vs. a life given.  

They’d never got that at 56th and Emerson.

Just sayin’ .....as they all seem to say these days.

Funny. You're assuming I haven't already outworked you for your lifetime. As Drake would say, "started from the bottom, now we here."  

Feel free to make as many personal digs as you want though. It won't ever change the fact that Chatard will always be the bridesmaid on the Northside.

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Funny. You're assuming I haven't already outworked you for your lifetime. As Drake would say, "started from the bottom, now we here."  

If all things have gone to plan since my 18-wheeler days, I’m hoping EVERYBODY has outworked me since.  

That has always been my intent. That said, it does take a Cathedral-sized ego to assume going from 3rd base to home is considered out working ANYBODY.

Dunno what Drake” is.....sounds like some hippie music reference....and less than the King’s English...probably a Cathedral class.

I stick to the Holy Trinity - Cash, Willie and Waylon.

Edited by Lysander

Just finished catching up on this wonderful piece of work I started

There is nothing better than a little pure and toxic Catholic on Catholic venom

Continuing spewing my friends.  DT is enjoying the read.