Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Thoughts to East Central Community

Sad Tragic news this morning:   So tough to swallow:   thoughts with Trojan Nation!!

https://www.eaglecountryonline.com/news/local-news/crash-claims-life-of-east-central-football-star-thomas-more-recruit/

🙏🙏  :classic_sad:

An East Central High School student who was a co-captain of the school football team has been identified as the victim of Thursday morning's fatal crash on State Road 1.

The Dearborn County Sheriff's Department identified 18-year-old Brett Fox, of Hidden Valley, as the driver killed in the wreck on S.R. 1 in the area of Whitaker Lane. Deputies believe Fox's 2004 Dodge pickup truck struck a patch of ice before overturning off the roadway and striking a tree and utility pole.

"He was an Academic All-State player and a team captain who just signed to play college football at Thomas More. More than that though, Brett was our emotional leader and always looked to help out the younger players. I will always remember the smile that Brett had on his face no matter the circumstances and how he guided his younger brother though life. Brett represented everything that we preach in our program. Our team and school are grieving right now. We are asking that people pray for his parents, his brother, and his family."

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Sad Tragic news this morning:   So tough to swallow:   thoughts with Trojan Nation!!

https://www.eaglecountryonline.com/news/local-news/crash-claims-life-of-east-central-football-star-thomas-more-recruit/

🙏🙏  :classic_sad:

Our thoughts and prayers to the EC community and this young man's family.

To anyone at EC, 

if anyone needs someone to talk to that has went through this exact thing, We would be happy to help in anyway.  On December 28, this very thing happened to the small North Central community when NC Football player Kegan Ennen and 2 of his friends were killed in a car accident. 

Upon hearing this news today, Kegan’s Mother, (still greiveing the loss of her own son) reached out to me and wanted me to let the EC Football family and the family of the player that lost his life, that if they needed someone to grieve with, talk to, cry with, or just sit with that has experienced exactly what they are going through that they would be happy to help in any way. Please PM me if there is anything we can do. 

By far the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with as a coach.  

Prayers and thoughts are with you from both the North Central Football family and the Greenfield Central Football family. 

• Like 1

Saw the report of the initial report on Eagle Country yesterday morning and noticed the time.  I prayed that it wasn't a student.  As a parent and educator, when I see news of a fatal crash, I always prayer that it didn't involve someone young.  Later in the day I saw the news out of East Central.   God Bless his family and his community.

Edited by MarshallCounty