Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Season Options

17 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Anybody ever look at this time in life as a time to SLOW DOWN and reset?

7 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Yup. I cut everyone out of my life that

Thinks covid is a hoax, that doesnt wear a mask, that is for the confederate flag, that thinks that bubba wallace situation was fake, that voted for or will vote for trump in the fall, people that don't understand or care to understand why people take a knee during the anthem and who use the term all lives matter (cause they hide behind that to not understand the black lives matter movement). Its been refreshing not having to put up with uneducated and ignorant people. 

57 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Thinks covid is a hoax, that doesnt wear a mask, that is for the confederate flag, that thinks that bubba wallace situation was fake, that voted for or will vote for trump in the fall, people that don't understand or care to understand why people take a knee during the anthem and who use the term all lives matter (cause they hide behind that to not understand the black lives matter movement). Its been refreshing not having to put up with uneducated and ignorant people. 

You must have a pretty low self-esteem.  How’d you “cut out” the guy staring at you in the mirror every morning?

Are you from Colorado too?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

You might find it interesting that I align with you more than you might think in terms of politics.  But you see, folks like you are a big part of the problem with why we are where we are today.  I don't judge the content of my friends or associates character or worthiness based on their political affiliation, much less who they will vote for this election cycle.  What makes high school football great is how kids from all different backgrounds come together for a common purpose.   A LOT of the adults don't get that anymore.  It's why we can't apply a simple set of common sense protocols as a society.  I happen to be educated pretty far beyond my intellect and I believe firmly we should be in school in Indiana in the fall (there could be a couple of exceptions), and we should be playing fall sports.

Edited by Titan32
  • Disdain 1

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You might find it interesting that I align with you more than you might think in terms of politics.  But you see, folks like you are a big part of the problem with why we are where we are today.  I don't judge the content of my friends or associates character or worthiness based on their political affiliation, much less who they will vote for this election cycle.  What makes high school football great is how kids from all different backgrounds come together for a common purpose.   A LOT of the adults don't get that anymore.  It's why we can't apply a simple set of common sense protocols as a society.  I happen to be educated pretty far beyond my intellect and I believe firmly we should be in school in Indiana in the fall (there could be a couple of exceptions), and we should be playing fall sports.

I have plenty of friends that are libertarian and independents and reasonable republicans (who are anti trump) but my life has been so much better since i did that..

I disagree with playing in the fall and starting school because im against putting kids in danger period. 

The only reason we are starting fall sports is because the ihsaa cares more about cash than it does its coaches, refs and athletes. Same way the NCAA is. 

Its why I admire what illinois is doing. They are putting kids first. 

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I have plenty of friends that are libertarian and independents and reasonable republicans (who are anti trump) but my life has been so much better since i did that..

I disagree with playing in the fall and starting school because im against putting kids in danger period. 

The only reason we are starting fall sports is because the ihsaa cares more about cash than it does its coaches, refs and athletes. Same way the NCAA is. 

Its why I admire what illinois is doing. They are putting kids first. 

My freshman has a greater chance of being hurt driving to a game than from anything related to COVID-19.  Those are simply the non-political non-biased facts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

My freshman has a greater chance of being hurt driving to a game than from anything related to COVID-19.  Those are simply the non-political non-biased facts.

Yeah also you have a 1 in 700000 chance of getting struck by lightning yet we stop games when it is in the area 

you can use facts and statistics to prove anything you want but does it make it right?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Major League baseball may cancel the entire season Monday due to the virus.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

31 minutes ago:

"We are playing," Manfred told Ravech. "The players need to be better, but I am not a quitter in general and there is no reason to quit now. We have had to be fluid, but it is manageable."

🙄

Fake News.  Try harder.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

But but but we have to protect the kids and lock them away!!!! Look at all those kids dying in indiana everyday!!!!!   Lock them away til 2022!!!!   Do the math of 0.1%and 2700 indiana deaths.   You can hit people over head with facts and still won't matter.  Fear and politics are taking over.    Screenshot_20200801-142750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84fe6dcb3b87d13c0dfde6ab15116072.jpg

38 minutes ago, Temptation said:

31 minutes ago:

"We are playing," Manfred told Ravech. "The players need to be better, but I am not a quitter in general and there is no reason to quit now. We have had to be fluid, but it is manageable."

🙄

Fake News.  Try harder.

I agree.

OUM is one of the real good guys around.  I do not think I have ever met a local media member that cares more for ALL kids, than he.

22 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

But but but we have to protect the kids and lock them away!!!! Look at all those kids dying in indiana everyday!!!!!   Lock them away til 2022!!!!   Do the math of 0.1%and 2700 indiana deaths.   You can hit people over head with facts and still won't matter.  Fear and politics are taking over.    Screenshot_20200801-142750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84fe6dcb3b87d13c0dfde6ab15116072.jpg

Fear and politics sure are, IF you allow it!

The Best is Yet to Come.

Much Love

ThanQ

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Yeah also you have a 1 in 700000 chance of getting struck by lightning yet we stop games when it is in the area 

you can use facts and statistics to prove anything you want but does it make it right?

Well if we could see Covid-19 moving in from the West and settling over the field on a balmy July evening....we might stop play and go in the dugout.  Think about what you just said.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Well if we could see Covid-19 moving in from the West and settling over the field on a balmy July evening....we might stop play and go in the dugout.  Think about what you just said.

BINGO

24 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The problem is covid is lightning that won’t go away till next year. Why risk starting and having a partial season with no ending when you can swap it with baseball season and almost guarantee it will finish?

Just now, Whiting89 said:

The problem is covid is lightning that won’t go away till next year. Why risk starting and having a partial season with no ending when you can swap it with baseball season and almost guarantee it will finish?

Zero chance a "swap" between football and baseball at the high school level is happening. If nothing else, its far too late in the calendar for that. 

Agreed

43 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Until next year?  Because of a vaccine, I’m guessing?  We have the flu vaccine and millions still get the flu and die from the flu. 

23 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Agreed

Until next year?  Because of a vaccine, I’m guessing?  We have the flu vaccine and millions still get the flu and die from the flu. 

Just an FYI, the “flu” vaccine, depending on which shot you get, protects against 3-4 strains of the flu. The WHO decides each season which strains of flu are likely to be most prevalent that year, informs the vaccine manufacturers, and that year’s flu vaccine is made to order. But it doesn’t protect against any strain others than those it was designed for. That’s why even people who get their annual flu shot still sometimes get “the flu.” And, of course, it doesn’t protect if you don’t get the shot.

If you want to get technical, influenza “Type A” strains cause most of the human illnesses. The influenza A virus can be subdivided into different serotypes based on the type of hemagglutinin and neuraminidase. The "H" in "H1N1" for example refers to hemagglutinin (HA) and "N" in "H1N1" refers to neuraminidase (NA). There are 16 different types of HA and 9 different types of NA, therefore, there are potentially 144 different subtypes of influenza A viruses. Among them, two subtypes of influenza A, H1N1 and H3N2, most commonly infect humans. For each subtype virus, the hemagglutinin gene mutates all the time and hence there are many variants of the same subtype viruses, and hence the need to change the virus strain for seasonal flu vaccines on an annual bases. 
https://www.sinobiological.com/research/virus/influenza-hemagglutinin-subtypes

Edited by Bobref

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Just an FYI, the “flu” vaccine, depending on which shot you get, protects against 3-4 strains of the flu. The WHO decides each season which strains of flu are likely to be most prevalent that year, informs the vaccine manufacturers, and that year’s flu vaccine is made to order. But it doesn’t protect against any strain others than those it was designed for. That’s why even people who get their annual flu shot still sometimes get “the flu.” And, of course, it doesn’t protect if you don’t get the shot.

If you want to get technical, influenza “Type A” strains cause most of the human illnesses. The influenza A virus can be subdivided into different serotypes based on the type of hemagglutinin and neuraminidase. The "H" in "H1N1" for example refers to hemagglutinin (HA) and "N" in "H1N1" refers to neuraminidase (NA). There are 16 different types of HA and 9 different types of NA, therefore, there are potentially 144 different subtypes of influenza A viruses. Among them, two subtypes of influenza A, H1N1 and H3N2, most commonly infect humans. For each subtype virus, the hemagglutinin gene mutates all the time and hence there are many variants of the same subtype viruses, and hence the need to change the virus strain for seasonal flu vaccines on an annual bases. 

😂 

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

31 minutes ago:

🙄

Fake News.  Try harder.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

ESPN.com says that ESPN has been told to be ready. Alternative programming may be required as of Monday.

2 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I agree.

OUM is one of the real good guys around.  I do not think I have ever met a local media member that cares more for ALL kids, than he.

Fear and politics sure are, IF you allow it!

The Best is Yet to Come.

Much Love

ThanQ

You can rest assured it has nothing to do with player safety.

28 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Agreed

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

https://www.sinobiological.com/research/virus/influenza-hemagglutinin-subtypes

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

There is absolutely no reason we will have a partial season unless someone gets their panties in a wad over rudimentary case counts.  That said Marion county might not play ...but who needs Marion county anyway LMAO.

56 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

There is absolutely no reason we will have a partial season unless someone gets their panties in a wad over rudimentary case counts.  That said Marion county might not play ...but who needs Marion county anyway LMAO.

So you okay with Carmel only having 2 games? 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

ESPN.com says that ESPN has been told to be ready. Alternative programming may be required as of Monday.

Its a shame that baseball may get postponed or cancelled.. thanks Marlins and thanks Cardinals.. A terrible choice by a few players...potentially ruined it for the fans and other players... This is why we can't have nice things. 

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

You can rest assured it has nothing to do with player safety.

Then if baseball gets postponed or cancelled..then whats it due to?