Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Season Options

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

31 minutes ago:

"We are playing," Manfred told Ravech. "The players need to be better, but I am not a quitter in general and there is no reason to quit now. We have had to be fluid, but it is manageable."

🙄

Fake News.  Try harder.

Its not "fake news" 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-tells-broadcast-partners-to-prepare-for-potential-2020-season-shutdown-per-report/amp/

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2902570-rob-manfred-warns-mlbpa-of-shutdown-if-covid-19-outbreaks-persist.amp.html

There's always a potential that it shuts down.. Manfred even warns of it. 

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I agree.

OUM is one of the real good guys around.  I do not think I have ever met a local media member that cares more for ALL kids, than he.

Fear and politics sure are, IF you allow it!

The Best is Yet to Come.

Much Love

ThanQ

Covid has NOTHING to do with Politics. 

3 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

But but but we have to protect the kids and lock them away!!!! Look at all those kids dying in indiana everyday!!!!!   Lock them away til 2022!!!!   Do the math of 0.1%and 2700 indiana deaths.   You can hit people over head with facts and still won't matter.  Fear and politics are taking over.    Screenshot_20200801-142750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84fe6dcb3b87d13c0dfde6ab15116072.jpg

Covid has nothing to do with politics. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

No problem. I’m sure high school kids will do a much better job than these professional athletes.

As a cubs fan, i'm really proud of the fact they haven't had a single player (only team in league) not to have 1 player test positive (knock on wood). 

NHL and NBA is making MLB look stupid. 

• Disdain 1

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Love your new avatar.

Thank you. Hope you enjoyed all the others in the rotation. There will be more to come. 

Bill Clinton in the blue dress that was in one of Epstein’s homes. 

The one before that was Dr. Fauci not wearing a mask while not socially distancing. 

One of my favorites is coming soon. 

Hope to see you Monday. 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

There is absolutely no reason we will have a partial season unless someone gets their panties in a wad over rudimentary case counts.  That said Marion county might not play ...but who needs Marion county anyway LMAO.

Let’s say no Marion county teams are permitted to play. The state finals would still be at the Luke, correct?  

37 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Thank you. Hope you enjoyed all the others in the rotation. There will be more to come. 

The one before that was Dr. Fauci not wearing a mask while not socially distancing. 

Hope to see you Monday. 

Let’s say no Marion county teams are permitted to play. The state finals would still be at the Luke, correct?  

Good question.   Health department could say no.   Haven't heard percentage of colt fans allowed at games yet.

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

As a cubs fan, i'm really proud of the fact they haven't had a single player (only team in league) not to have 1 player test positive (knock on wood). 

Like the NBA player that left and went to a strip joint? But they support a Marxist organization, so that's cool to you......

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Hope to see you Monday. 

That’s a great question.  It would be a bit hypocritical if they allowed it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I'm not overthinking anything at all.  It is you who are NOT thinking.  You STILL ignore the fact how difficult it is to schedule games.  Multiply that by 9 (games) by 22 (independent teams) and also the other teams it will effect because of dropping them.  YOU have no clue.  There is nothing simple to that at all.  You think it is simple because it is your "cool" idea and it can just be zapped into existence?  Delusions, delusions, delusions.  I'll just say:  enjoy whatever season there is.

Dont you think that by grouping these small independents into regional conferences for ONE season might possibly make their lives a little better and simpler?

I just cannot fathom how you cannot see the logic in that.  I must be getting old.  LOL

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

If no Marion County teams play this fall, nobody plays this fall.   

They are the center of the IHSAA universe.

37 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Can't disagree with this enough.   Ihsaa has said they expect teams to sit out but football will go.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You really seriously believe that?  That no one will play if Marion County doesn't play part?  I can tell you with 100% certainty that the rest of the state can and will play without Marion County.  The only way it doesn't happen is if the IHSAA does a 180 on it's stance about leaving it up to the school jurisdictions to determine if they want to play or not.  Actually it might be refreshing to have the Mega schools out of the way for a season LOL.

1 hour ago, SL816 said:

Like the NBA player that left and went to a strip joint? But they support a Marxist organization, so that's cool to you......

BQQM!

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You really seriously believe that?  That no one will play if Marion County doesn't play part?  I can tell you with 100% certainty that the rest of the state can and will play without Marion County.  The only way it doesn't happen is if the IHSAA does a 180 on it's stance about leaving it up to the school jurisdictions to determine if they want to play or not.  Actually it might be refreshing to have the Mega schools out of the way for a season LOL.

Does Marion county plan on gerrymandering Carmel?  😂 

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Baseball will be played.  Players will opt out (Cain from the Brewers), and the White Sox will shock the world.

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

That damn Hamilton County...LOL

😂. I knew what ya meant. We were sooooo close. 

Can’t wait for football. 

Wow!

What a ride . . . When I started this topic - 

Football Season Options

I was hoping we could avoid politics. How naive was I?

Heck, most high school football players are not yet eligible to vote, so that is the least of their worries.

These kids, coaches, parents, patrons, etc., want to play.

Just throwing this out there . . . 

If Indiana is still in Stage 4.5 until August 27, social gatherings are limited to 250 people - that would include players, coaches, etc.  How many fans get in per team? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that probably applies to high school gyms for volleyball, soccer stadiums, and football stadiums?  And possibly tennis courts depending on the fan support your tennis team gets.  No disrespect to tennis . . .  some schools have more tennis fans than others.

I've also heard that large cross country invitationals are being cancelled for this year due to the number of runners and potential patrons watching the runners.

There would also be limitations to essential personnel in the press box . . . PA, Game Clock, Play Clock, Spotter, maybe 2 spotters. Unless your school has a large press box, that's probably going to cover the physical distancing.  If you have the main level of the press box and a deck above, the deck would have enough space for 6 total people?  Probably 2 assistant coaches and camera person for each team?  If you are fortunate to have a two-level pressbox and deck, you would have more space for others, like media.

Any one else would have to camp out in the bleachers or along the fence line.

I would suspect that the sidelines will be limited to essential personnel only, as well.  Players, coaches, manager(s), trainer, maybe a team doctor, if your school has a team doctor.

Where does that put administrators?  In the end zone?

Believe me, these are things that school administrators have to talk about and are talking about.

Keep the conversation rolling!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

6 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Does Marion county plan on gerrymandering Carmel?  😂 

Don't you mean absorb? In all seriousness, gerrymandering is a problem that both sides do and it's not good. 

6 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Baseball will be played.  Players will opt out (Cain from the Brewers), and the White Sox will shock the world.

I think they'll play but its on serious thin ice... A marlins break out in 2 or 3 teams, that'll be all she wrote. 

7 hours ago, SL816 said:

I was talking about effective leadership at the top of the each league and how none of their teams have had to stop playing like mlb has.

Nice use of right wing propaganda there man... Nothing wrong with the NBA and it's players suppprting the term "black lives matter".... Cue some more right wing propaganda. 

6 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

BQQM!

I think the word you are looking for is 'boom" and not "bqqm" and I wasn't roasted there.

5 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Wow!

Football Season Options

Heck, most high school football players are not yet eligible to vote, so that is the least of their worries.

If Indiana is still in Stage 4.5 until August 27, social gatherings are limited to 250 people - that would include players, coaches, etc.  How many fans get in per team? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that probably applies to high school gyms for volleyball, soccer stadiums, and football stadiums?  And possibly tennis courts depending on the fan support your tennis team gets.  No disrespect to tennis . . .  some schools have more tennis fans than others.

I've also heard that large cross country invitationals are being cancelled for this year due to the number of runners and potential patrons watching the runners.

There would also be limitations to essential personnel in the press box . . . PA, Game Clock, Play Clock, Spotter, maybe 2 spotters. Unless your school has a large press box, that's probably going to cover the physical distancing.  If you have the main level of the press box and a deck above, the deck would have enough space for 6 total people?  Probably 2 assistant coaches and camera person for each team?  If you are fortunate to have a two-level pressbox and deck, you would have more space for others, like media.

I would suspect that the sidelines will be limited to essential personnel only, as well.  Players, coaches, manager(s), trainer, maybe a team doctor, if your school has a team doctor.

Believe me, these are things that school administrators have to talk about and are talking about.

from_the_sidelines007

I think if we do start itll be without fans.

7 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Wow!

Football Season Options

from_the_sidelines007

August 23, there will be up to 87,500 people (25% capacity) at the Indianapolis 500. 

I have heard the Colts are telling season ticket holders they are expecting 25% capacity as well. 

My guess is that will be the guideline. 25% capacity and mandatory masks. 

12 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

August 23, there will be up to 87,500 people (25% capacity) at the Indianapolis 500. 

I have heard the Colts are telling season ticket holders they are expecting 25% capacity as well. 

My guess is that will be the guideline. 25% capacity and mandatory masks. 

One more. Indy Eleven soccer had 5,409 fans according to their box score last night (Aug 1) for their home match. 

Yes. The game was at Lucas Oil, so they were way below 25%. 

The state/ Marion County health department has allowed crowds, just spread out and masked.