Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Need Week 2 Game

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Due to Kentucky pushing back the start of their season, Gibson Southern is now looking for a week 2 game on 8/27 or 8/28.  

Unfortunately, I think in the near future there's going to be a lot of schools with Wk. 2 (and the rest of the weeks) open too.    

35 minutes ago, tango said:

Unfortunately, I think in the near future there's going to be a lot of schools with Wk. 2 (and the rest of the weeks) open too.    

I'm telling ya...the show will go on even with a chunk of schools not participating.  Which is better than a condensed spring schedule any day of the week.  Because one thing is certain, having to manage "cases" and preventative measures won't be gone in the spring either.  Vaccine or not.

• Like 1

I'm with Titan on this one. I fully believe that football will be happening in Indiana. I think we can expect all decisions to be up to each school district and each school on whether to cancel games due to the amount of cases. Whether the season will actually be able to finish or not depends on how many schools statewide have to cancel games. Like somebody else said, I would not be surprised if another team needs a week 2 game due to their opponent having to cancel. Situations like that may become a weekly ordeal.

57 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I'm telling ya...the show will go on even with a chunk of schools not participating.  Which is better than a condensed spring schedule any day of the week.  Because one thing is certain, having to manage "cases" and preventative measures won't be gone in the spring either.  Vaccine or not.

Thank you.   This is something that will be not going away next year either.   People will choose not to get vaccinated. If 75% of schools play I'm fine with that.    I really do think the schools that choose not to play will have major parent issues and transfers.   

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I think the Rona will be like STD's, always around and a part of life for some. (FYI not me on the STD part or Rona yet) LOL

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

Thank you.   This is something that will be not going away next year either.   People will choose not to get vaccinated. If 75% of schools play I'm fine with that.    I really do think the schools that choose not to play will have major parent issues and transfers.   

I can’t wait for the first shot in that battle on the GID.

20 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I can’t wait for the first shot in that battle on the GID.

Well it is a forum lol.   I would expect people to agree and people to disagree.   Everyone has a opinion.   

3 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central just had its Week 2 open up too. The Warriors were supposed to play Louisville Trinity. 

Well there you go. Have Warren travel to Gibson Southern. It’ll be a culture shock for all involved. Problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Oh, I would make the drive myself ... if spectators were allowed.

I was not familiar where school was at so I went to John Harrell's site, school section. Last year he used to have map to school when you clicked on school in schedule area. Now it has "football field" map/view, pretty cool. Not sure if this is for all schools, but probably??  

Edited by psaboy

56 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Well there you go. Have Warren travel to Gibson Southern. It’ll be a culture shock for all involved. Problem solved.

Gibson southern would get hurt by Warren Central. Won’t happen and shouldn’t happen.

50 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I was not familiar where school was at so I went to John Harrell's site, school section. Last year he used to have map to school when you clicked on school in schedule area. Now it has "football field" map/view, pretty cool. Not sure if this is for all schools, but probably??  

I’m not sure if he has field views for all schools but his football site is so awesome. I love searching it and looking at schedules and previous seasons, get lost for hours on there 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Gibson southern would get hurt by Warren Central. Won’t happen and shouldn’t happen.

I'm not sure about that. If they played there (Gib S) it would be interesting IMO. Probably differnet if GS played at WC. I hear Gib S has a good QB though, may be able to keep competitive??? Keep within 14-21??

Edited by psaboy

4 hours ago, psaboy said:

https://goo.gl/maps/6nCLM1g9n8fEig5L9

7 hours ago, psaboy said:

I'm not sure about that. If they played there (Gib S) it would be interesting IMO. Probably differnet if GS played at WC. I hear Gib S has a good QB though, may be able to keep competitive??? Keep within 14-21??

If it were going to be feasible, THIS would probably be the year as both programs are trending in opposite directions but I’d still say Warren would win comfortably regardless of where the game was played.

The weird thing is that Owensboro could play Evansville North HS, which is 10 miles away from Gibson Southern. 

Kentucky is letting teams play games against border counties but not any farther into the state. 

I’m expecting a delay by Illinois HSA (at best) today. Week 1 in Illinois was always week 2 in Indiana. I just happen to see a little school from Indianapolis named Chatard is playing an Illinois school that week..... Hmmmm??

42 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

The weird thing is that Owensboro could play Evansville North HS, which is 10 miles away from Gibson Southern. 

Kentucky is letting teams play games against border counties but not any farther into the state. 

I’m expecting a delay by Illinois HSA (at best) today. Week 1 in Illinois was always week 2 in Indiana. I just happen to see a little school from Indianapolis named Chatard is playing an Illinois school that week..... Hmmmm??

There are three Indiana schools that play an Illinois school on week two.  Chatard, Andrean and Chesterton.