Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No Football in Marion County til October.

Ridiculous political move by marion county.    To take this away from all those kids is nothing short of selfish bs.   I hope all those schools see a ton of transfers leaving!!!!  Everyone says think of the kids safety.   THE KIDS WILL BE FINE!!!!!!!  You want to be political then do it in a voting booth!  Feel absolutely horrible for all those kids in all fall sports that live in that county.   

1 minute ago, Mayo77 said:

Ridiculous political move by marion county.    To take this away from all those kids is nothing short of selfish bs.   I hope all those schools see a ton of transfers leaving!!!!  Everyone says think of the kids safety.   THE KIDS WILL BE FINE!!!!!!!  You want to be political then do it in a voting booth!  Feel absolutely horrible for all those kids in all fall sports that live in that county.   

Yes the adults are very selfish here.  The kids won't be fine because the adults have not taught their children the enjoyment of play.  I don't see kids doing anything that looks like football on their own.  

How sad

Does anyone think by starting late (October) they will extend season into December?  Football was made for cold weather!  Surprised no one mentioned this yet, that way full schedule might bet played.  Of course that depends on status of virus getting better not worse...

5 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

The writing is on the wall the season is getting flipped to spring

I agree, itll be an condensed season.

Edited by TheStatGuy

17 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Keep in mind, current IHSAA bylaws require a minimum of 4 regular season games to be eligible to participate in the tournament.

Well sucks to be them.   Watch everyone else play then.   

18 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Yes the adults are very selfish here.  The kids won't be fine because the adults have not taught their children the enjoyment of play.  I don't see kids doing anything that looks like football on their own.  

How sad

If we as a nation, could have taken this more serious. We wouldnt be in this spot. We as adults in this nation failed our kids. 

1 minute ago, Mayo77 said:

Well sucks to be them.   Watch everyone else play then.   

More schools to follow.. Just a hunch. 

8 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

If we as a nation, could have taken this more serious. We wouldnt be in this spot. We as adults in this nation failed our kids. 

Just read it is nowhere near a final deal.   They are having a conference about what decision to make tonight.    

24 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Keep in mind, current IHSAA bylaws require a minimum of 4 regular season games to be eligible to participate in the tournament.

Good point. The 5A and 6A programs might be ok, IF the IHSAA would make the bye week the first week for all those teams, and then allow an extra game in week 10. That does not help the teams in other classes though. 

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

Great for Marion county!

Ihsaa get smart, do a condensed season in spring. You still have time. 

The stat guy actively cheering for no season again.   You should go start another site where people talk about what’s wrong with  football.   On this one, we promote it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Disdain 1

10 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

The stat guy actively cheering for no season again.   You should go start another site where people talk about what’s wrong with  football.   On this one, we promote it. 

Reading must be tough for you and the 3 people who liked your post.... Where did I say I want no football to be played? Ive never said that nor typed it...so keep saying that..cause you are clearly wrong..and I've stated many times that im for a condensed season in the spring. 

22 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Its sad....some of us "sheeple" tried but not near enough to keep the curve flat...

Hope the rest of the state can move foward...

4 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Marion County vs. the IHSAA.  

Sounds like we might get to see the biggest whizzing contest since open trough stadium urinals went away.  

I'll put my money on IHSAA.   

Just now, Titan32 said:

Man I miss those things!

I was going to tag you... ever use the one at Germania Mannechor during Volksfest?  Not only open trough, but a window so passersby could get a nice peep show if turned their heads just right.  That one was something else!

Kept a nice breeze blowing through. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Marion County vs. the IHSAA.  

Sounds like we might get to see the biggest whizzing contest since open trough stadium urinals went away.  

It seems the IHSAA is letting schools make their own choices. Its not any different then lets say Winamac and New Pal want to sit out this season.

So why would the IHSAA care if a few schools choose not to play until october?

Edited by TheStatGuy