Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No Football in Marion County til October.

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

I was going to tag you... ever use the one at Germania Mannechor during Volksfest?  Not only open trough, but a window so passersby could get a nice peep show if turned their heads just right.  That one was something else!

Kept a nice breeze blowing through. 

They have a trailer at the Sommer Fest in Haubstadt....last one I ever saw!  Must be a German thing....my Momma's last name was Pleiss LOL.

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

Does anyone think by starting late (October) they will extend season into December?  Football was made for cold weather!  Surprised no one mentioned this yet, that way full schedule might bet played.  Of course that depends on status of virus getting better not worse...

I don’t think that will happen as it would mess up the basketball season, which is the crown jewel of the IHS double A.

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Looks like that didn't take long : 

What a PR disaster.  Just screams of public pressure running the show.

Just now, Gipper said:

I don’t think that will happen as it would mess up the basketball season, which is the crown jewel of the IHS double A.

Unfortunately that is the reality. There will be no delayed start with an extension of football past Thanksgiving. (Similar to Kentucky.)

There will always be a ‘hard stop’ at the end of football season no matter what happens prior to that. 

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

What a PR disaster.  Just screams of public pressure running the show.

People care more about money than kids! That's for dang sure. 

3 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I think they are doing shorter seasons..which is better then nothing imo or starting and stopping. 

35 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Reading must be tough for you and the 3 people who liked your post.... Where did I say I want no football to be played? Ive never said that nor typed it...so keep saying that..cause you are clearly wrong..and I've stated many times that im for a condensed season in the spring. 

Tough guy.  You don’t have to type it nor do you have to say it.  You see I can read and interpret what their meaning is based on how often they react a certain way(much like you do here).  
I can also tell that I am correct based on the fact that you actually looked to see how many “likes” I had for this post and it annoyed you enough to mention it.  That means it hit a nerve because it is true.  You became angry as a result and like a two year old had to attack me.  
I want foot ball in the fall.  As do many others on here.  It’s what is best for the overall health of these kids,  now and in the long term.  Anyone who won’t look at the long term consequences of stopping school and athletics is going to have had an agenda.  What hours is?  I don’t know.   However, I do know it’s not for the good of the kids and football. 

• Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

You don’t have to type it nor do you have to say it.

Yes, yes he does. No one is fluent in mind reading on a Forum based on what is typed.

3 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

You see I can read and interpret what their meaning is based on how often they react a certain wa

See above.

3 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

What hours is?

Lol wut Gif by Termatior0 on DeviantArt

• Sit and spin 1

2 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

Tough guy.  You don’t have to type it nor do you have to say it.  You see I can read and interpret what their meaning is based on how often they react a certain way(much like you do here).  
I can also tell that I am correct based on the fact that you actually looked to see how many “likes” I had for this post and it annoyed you enough to mention it.  That means it hit a nerve because it is true.  You became angry as a result and like a two year old had to attack me.  
I want foot ball in the fall.  As do many others on here.  It’s what is best for the overall health of these kids,  now and in the long term.  Anyone who won’t look at the long term consequences of stopping school and athletics is going to have had an agenda.  What hours is?  I don’t know.   However, I do know it’s not for the good of the kids and football. 

I did stats for the JV boys and varsity boys basketball team from 2011-2012 till 2019-2020 for free, with 0 siblings or any type of family on the team. 

So yeah, i do care about kids. That's why ive repeatedly stated I want a season IN THE SPRING but keep making up stuff my man. 

• Sit and spin 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

The beginning of the end.

Agree. Everyone else falls in line from here. Not because what Marion County was correct. But because everyone else will look bad if there does happen to be a Covid outbreak within their football programs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

Reading must be tough for you and the 3 people who liked your post.... Where did I say I want no football to be played? Ive never said that nor typed it...so keep saying that..cause you are clearly wrong..and I've stated many times that im for a condensed season in the spring. 

Tried to make it four, but apparently there is a limit of 3 reactions per day.

I know that these Indy kids and other virtual students did not ask for these circumstances but I think it’s a little crazy that no one on any of these posts has talked about the MASSIVE advantage that the students have that are not attending a traditional 8 hour classroom sitting but instead are online and many juniors and seniors will be working at their own pace. I think it’s a massive advantage of doing your class work when you feel like it compared to being required to show up for 8 hours of school and then have a grueling 3 hour practice. It’s not the kids or parents’ faults but I am surprised that no one has discussed how big of an advantage this truly is for virtual schools. As long as these virtual students have self discipline, they have a huge edge in my opinion. And no I don’t have a solution for this but was just curious why no one has brought this up on the site (at least that I could find).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I did stats for the JV boys and varsity boys basketball team from 2011-2012 till 2019-2020 for free, with 0 siblings or any type of family on the team. 

So yeah, i do care about kids. That's why ive repeatedly stated I want a season IN THE SPRING but keep making up stuff my man. 

LOL, yeah.  THAT’S the reason you did it...😉

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree. Everyone else falls in line from here. Not because what Marion County was correct. But because everyone else will look bad if there does happen to be a Covid outbreak within their football programs. 

I fully expect a case or 2 to happen my son's team this fall.   That kid or mine will quarantine for 2 weeks and be absolutely fine after that.    I would rather my kid go to school, socialize, participate in extracurricular activities then sit home learning to be scared of the world.   His team has been but cautious through whole process.    You can't keep hiding kids away from the world.     

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Yes, yes he does. No one is fluent in mind reading on a Forum based on what is typed.

See above.

Lol wut Gif by Termatior0 on DeviantArt

“Colorado or Cornell?”  You continue to impress.

19 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

No one said anything about you not caring about kids. Your're just brain dead when it comes to politics.

1 minute ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Are you saying that there is no politics in high school football?   Jeeze

I'm saying I'm missing the good old days when high school football was discussed here. Politics were immediately moved to the Out of Bounds Forum. Where they belong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Politics has no place in the Football section of the GID. 

Lol, you don't think football and politics go hand in hand? I won't elaborate out of respect for Coach Nowlin, but it was your good friend Statguy that brought it into the equation. Go back and read. 

21 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

USDL, but Cornell may be in my future as well.

Every school needs janitors (especially in this era)...and statisticians.

One of each on here...telling people real life stories.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm saying I'm missing the good old days when high school football was discussed here. Politics were immediately moved to the Out of Bounds Forum. Where they belong.

Page 2.......10th post....If we as a nation, could have taken this more serious. We wouldnt be in this spot. We as adults in this nation failed our kids. ....TheStatGuy..........."

And you have the audacity to call me out?