Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Schedules and Nightmares

5 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Look at John Harrell's Football and see how many teams have open dates.

Notice Andrean and Chatard are looking week 2 - Why not play?

Has Chatard ever travelled up to Northwest Indiana to play in The Region?  Chatard-Andrean at Demaree Stadium in Merrillville on a Saturday afternoon would be fabulous.

Since both Andrean and Calumet were playing Chicago Catholic schools in week 2, they were already proactive with contingency if Illinois was delayed. According to NWI Times, this was discussed and planned back in June. Nice work by both schools!

It would have been fun to have a Chatard vs Andrean matchup anywhere, Indy, Merrillville. Lafayette. Teams have not met since early 2000's.

Once Andean builds their new school, enrollment will go up to be either 3A or 4A size.  Then we can hopefully have this match up again.

9 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Since both Andrean and Calumet were playing Chicago Catholic schools in week 2, they were already proactive with contingency if Illinois was delayed. According to NWI Times, this was discussed and planned back in June. Nice work by both schools!

It would have been fun to have a Chatard vs Andrean matchup anywhere, Indy, Merrillville. Lafayette. Teams have not met since early 2000's.

Once Andean builds their new school, enrollment will go up to be either 3A or 4A size.  Then we can hopefully have this match up again.

When do they break ground on the new school?  Will it be visible from 65?

First have to get approval from new Bishop of Gary Diocese. Supposedly a meeting with him this week or early next week. Site is on the Franciscan campus off of 65  and 231. Yes, the drawings suggest you will be able to see it from I65 looking east. Land donated by Nuns and a good chunk of money already committed. Since it will be incorporated into existing Franciscan campus, work has been conducted or being conducted on infrastructure i.e. roads, drainage, etc.

3 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

First have to get approval from new Bishop of Gary Diocese. Supposedly a meeting with him this week or early next week. Site is on the Franciscan campus off of 65  and 231. Yes, the drawings suggest you will be able to see it from I65 looking east. Land donated by Nuns and a good chunk of money already committed. Since it will be incorporated into existing Franciscan campus, work has been conducted or being conducted on infrastructure i.e. roads, drainage, etc.

Nice

This will turn Andrean into the FW Dwenger of NW Indiana  Even comparable to Cathedral.  

I believe all associated with Andrean are hoping for that comparison. I probably shouldn't say all associated with Andrean as there are some older alums that want to hang on to the legacy of the past, but the vast majority want a new school in South Lake County.

What is Hammond Noll a part of? In terms of a diocese? Could they do the same thing and move south? I'm interested to see if Illiana Christian would ever put together a football program. Everything south of US 30 is booming, I wonder how much it'll actually affect those schools. (Lowell, CP, Merrillville, Hanover Central, Lake Central... I may be forgetting a few)

29 minutes ago, DT said:

Nice

This will turn Andrean into the FW Dwenger of NW Indiana  Even comparable to Cathedral.  

With the issues Andrean has faced over the past several years, an older building, and declining enrollment they need to revive themselves.  A new school near the Franciscans would be just what they need.  And do not be surprised if they do not bring a sister or to into the building when done.

BNI has made significant capital investments recently, enrollment is up. I believe that BNI likes their location as it draws kids from Illinois and Indiana. When Andrean is in South Lake County, the Gary Diocese will have one high school in North Lake County (BNI), one in South Lake County (Andrean) and one in Porter County (Michigan City Marquette). This is a nice balance.

Andrean enrollment was up last year and up again this year. There were 2-3 years in a row that have now graduated that were very low. Many reasons for the drop not worth discussing here.

As an fyi, Andrean football team (9-12) has between 70-75 kids currently practicing.

5 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

BNI has made significant capital investments recently, enrollment is up. I believe that BNI likes their location as it draws kids from Illinois and Indiana. When Andrean is in South Lake County, the Gary Diocese will have one high school in North Lake County (BNI), one in South Lake County (Andrean) and one in Porter County (Michigan City Marquette). This is a nice balance.

Andrean enrollment was up last year and up again this year. There were 2-3 years in a row that have now graduated that were very low. Many reasons for the drop not worth discussing here.

As an fyi, Andrean football team (9-12) has between 70-75 kids currently practicing.

Meanwhile we would be lucky to have 30...

5 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Graphic, do you a similar regular season for your BG team? Do you think you can have a better shot against Andrean this time around? Outstanding run last year, did Andrean just have your number?

We have the same schedule as we did last year - can be found on Maxpreps.

As for how our team will be this year, we have a lot of question marks to answer right now. We graduated 15 seniors from last year. We have a strong senior class this year as well, but there are a lot of very talented individuals that we lost. What we lacked in size, we made up for in speed.

Andrean played really well that day. We were outsized not only physically but in sheer number as well (you can see that above). The field conditions were not the best that day - and I am not trying to make any excuses by any means, because Andrean definitely put it to us, but I believe it could have been a closer battle under different circumstances.

This year is a bit of a question mark for us. It really depends on if we can fill the gaps left by the class of 2019.

13 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

We have the same schedule as we did last year - can be found on Maxpreps.

As for how our team will be this year, we have a lot of question marks to answer right now. We graduated 15 seniors from last year. We have a strong senior class this year as well, but there are a lot of very talented individuals that we lost. What we lacked in size, we made up for in speed.

Andrean played really well that day. We were outsized not only physically but in sheer number as well (you can see that above). The field conditions were not the best that day - and I am not trying to make any excuses by any means, because Andrean definitely put it to us, but I believe it could have been a closer battle under different circumstances.

This year is a bit of a question mark for us. It really depends on if we can fill the gaps left by the class of 2019.

Yes you guys had some very talented players last year. Vann and your QB were quite special players. Was surprised by the end score of the Andrean game. Anyone to fill their shoes? With similar schedule and they margin of victory you had, have to think regular season will be more of same. 
Does Andean return a lot?

4 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Yes you guys had some very talented players last year. Vann and your QB were quite special players. Was surprised by the end score of the Andrean game. Anyone to fill their shoes? With similar schedule and they margin of victory you had, have to think regular season will be more of same. 
Does Andean return a lot?

Andrean returns the majority of their playmakers. They will definitely have more success this year than they did last year.

We seem to be filling roles but I am not quite sure they will be of the same caliber as last year. Wheeler is building a strong team as well. Our backup QB from last year moved into the Wheeler district, and he is going to be something special. He will be a junior this year.

4 minutes ago, Graphic Context said:

Andrean returns the majority of their playmakers. They will definitely have more success this year than they did last year.

We seem to be filling roles but I am not quite sure they will be of the same caliber as last year. Wheeler is building a strong team as well. Our backup QB from last year moved into the Wheeler district, and he is going to be something special. He will be a junior this year.

Ouch, so your down top two QB’s from last year. Makes the year with less offseason an uphill battle. Anyone left in program who can toss it around, or gonna be mainly run team to start out? 
So you think Andrean is in for a long run? Would like to see more true North teams playing down state. 

2 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Ouch, so your down top two QB’s from last year. Makes the year with less offseason an uphill battle. Anyone left in program who can toss it around, or gonna be mainly run team to start out? 
So you think Andrean is in for a long run? Would like to see more true North teams playing down state. 

I don't want to reveal too many secrets! And about Andrean - yes, I believe they are underrated this year even if they are in the Indiana Football Digest as #5. They are going to be very good. Their size for a 2A team is just completely unbelievable, and they have the playmakers to make a deep run this year. I am hopeful that we can make some noise, but I must temper my expectations since we lose such talented individuals.

Just now, Graphic Context said:

I don't want to reveal too many secrets! And about Andrean - yes, I believe they are underrated this year even if they are in the Indiana Football Digest as #5. They are going to be very good. Their size for a 2A team is just completely unbelievable, and they have the playmakers to make a deep run this year. I am hopeful that we can make some noise, but I must temper my expectations since we lose such talented individuals.

I get it, have to keep somethings in your back pocket. You’ve been solid for years so wouldn’t expect a drop off. I’ll keep track of Andrean more this year then. Seems like I’m each class there is a real solid team from up here who can make a real run, look forward to it. 

4 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Look at John Harrell's Football and see how many teams have open dates.

Notice Andrean and Chatard are looking week 2 - Why not play?

Andrean and Calumet trying to get contract for week 2. 

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

from earlier post looks like done deal

I was just going off the local papers report I read yesterday. It must’ve gotten done since. Anyways. Glad it worked out for both. Both coaches and kids are excellent.