Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Streaming of Regular Season games- How to do it?

5 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

NFHS is offering a streaming service.  But there is a subscription involved.  A portion of the money goes to your school but NFHS get s the rest.

Or. Do a YouTube channel and stream it.  No fees. 

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Sports don't pay for themselves.

We are all making temporary sacrifices, no?

Fundraise to offset some of the costs. Search for potential local businesses to donate?

Unprecedented times, call for unprecedented measures. 

Great way for older folks to watch games, if they can’t attend in person. No?

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Think I heard that someplace. 

Be well. Have a fantastic school year. 

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I know our Athletic Department has started the process of some sort of PPV type streaming service, not sure how it will work or what it will look like.   

For once in my life I was ahead of curve.   Been preaching streaming since spring.    Every school that streams should charge 20 dollars.   You know multiple people will be watching and god knows we all want football back.  

6 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

For once in my life I was ahead of curve.   Been preaching streaming since spring.    Every school that streams should charge 20 dollars.   You know multiple people will be watching and god knows we all want football back.  

20 bucks for whole season? Winamac has rtctv or something. We won't have to pay a dime or shouldn't atleast cuz we've had it last couple years. 

Knox should be in clear. Rochester, Culver, Pioneer and us for sure do it. I think Triton does as well. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

9 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

20 bucks for whole season? Winamac has rtctv or something. We won't have to pay a dime or shouldn't atleast cuz we've had it last couple years. 

Knox should be in clear. Rochester, Culver, Pioneer and us for sure do it. I think Triton does as well. 

Can you film and take stats the same time?

The Berne Witness is a local newspaper that does webcasts for South Adams and Adams Central sports including football games. I know they had been working on adding Bellmont possibly as well. Not sure if that is still a go or not. They have a profile on Indiana Mat but I can't find one to attach to this post. They do a great job and are on the IHSAA app. You can google and see how to contact them. They did the "major" 4-H projects this year. My alma mater Adams Central and the town of Monroe need to get better service to do these broadcasts. Most away games and all South Adams games go pretty smooth because the internet/phone service is better. 

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Meant 20 dollars a game. People will be watching in groups so I'd definitely overcharge. Hopefully all these schools atleast for this year try to stream games.   

5 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Meant 20 dollars a game. People will be watching in groups so I'd definitely overcharge. Hopefully all these schools atleast for this year try to stream games.   

There are services that do AAU basketball games, not sure why this couldn't apply to an entrepreneur doing High School Football games. Going rate for those services is approximately $100/year for unlimited games(that are available.)

5 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

IHSAA will be losing a ton of revenue with little to no fans in the stands so they will probably want a cut of any $ made from streaming... just saying !

That works for me. All they need to do is provide the service. Problem solved.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That works for me. All they need to do is provide the service. Problem solved.

I’d be in as long as it’s reasonable.

So here a few suggestions to live stream your event:

Facebook Live.
Instagram Live.
Periscope.
YouNow.
YouTube Live.

A few other thoughts:
Get a few businesses to sponsor your broadcast
Get a couple of people to broadcast - One that would be the play-by-play person and one that would handle the color commentary.

With attendance and physical distancing issues, probably got to find a place for the broadcast team to set up shop.  Unless your FB pressbox has more than one level, probably not going to be broadcasting inside the pressbox.  Maybe the top of the bleachers?
Get the administration to rope off 20 feet of the top three rows of a section in the bleachers? Then put a tent over the area to protect the equipment from the weather?

Just saying . . . . 

as always, the game is better
from_the_sidelines

SummitCitySports.COM: 'LIVE' Streams five Summit Athletic Conference football games on Fridays during the nine games regular season on YouTube. This year, the Homestead H.S. 'Spartans', who have their own 'LIVE' streaming equipment, will be doing this very venture for all of their 'home' games. Therefore there will be an open slot for summitcitysports.com to pick up another contest from the Allen County Vicinity. But not understanding how this shall shake out, a reasonable guess, would be a game from the ACAC, or the  NIAC. Allen County Voice, and Adams County Voice have been 'LIVE' Streaming games from both of these conferences in recent years, but I don't the have current information if they cover every game each weekend.

Edited by statmurp_10

21 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

SummitCitySports.COM: 'LIVE' Streams five Summit Athletic Conference football games on Fridays during the nine games regular season on YouTube. This year, the Homestead H.S. 'Spartans', who have their own 'LIVE' streaming equipment, will be doing this very venture for all of their 'home' games. Therefore there will be an open slot for summitcitysports.com to pick up another contest from the Allen County Vicinity. But not understanding how this shall shake out, a reasonable guess, would be a game from the ACAC, or the  NIAC. Allen County Voice, and Adams County Voice have been 'LIVE' Streaming games from both of these conferences in recent years, but I don't the have current information if they cover every game each weekend.

Hadn't heard of the Adams County Voice but knew Wells County had it. I know the Berne Witness webcast is the major one for Adams County. I had saw some videos of the Voice of Allen & Wells without commentary so I'd assume that is why it hadn't been the preferred method.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:54 AM, dazed and confused said:

IHSAA will be losing a ton of revenue with little to no fans in the stands so they will probably want a cut of any $ made from streaming... just saying !

IHSAA receives no money from regular season games so this is not an issue. The IHSAA has always owned the rights to broadcasts for the state tournament series.

• 2 weeks later...