Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Schools Pausing or Cancelled the Fall

23 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Never said Gibson Southern wasn't... All im saying is. Rochester is a very good school system and is doin what is best for its kids. 

The Toyota plant you are talking about.. Is that in gibson county? 

Yes and before you point it out we are currently on the States naughty list for our uptick in positivity rate for a 7 day period.  My understanding is we had a church with a mini outbreak.  

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

So, if we tested the population for flu as heavily as we are testing for Covid you don’t think numbers would be higher? Covid is no more a death sentence than the flu. 

My question was to find out if these kids were knowingly around others with Covid and then attended the events or if they were symptomatic which led to the testing. It matters because parents and children were knowingly negligent or it was an honest mistake.

Regardless of shutdowns and cancellations, kids will be kids and will do the same damn things. People weren’t born to stay in captivity.  Especially kids. 

“Covid is much less a of death sentence than the flu, especially for children.”

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

“Covid is much less a of death sentence than the flu, especially for children.”

Fixed it for you.

That's a fact but people won't believe you.   Yet every spring we put our kids in basketball and school during flu season.     Another kid went missing today in lake michigan but schools have swim meets.    No one ever wants to see a kid hurt let alone lose their life. But we CAN NOT lock these kids in their room til they are 21.  

48 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yes and before you point it out we are currently on the States naughty list for our uptick in positivity rate for a 7 day period.  My understanding is we had a church with a mini outbreak.  

Lol, I didn't even look up anything about your county (if i did, im sure i would have saw the Toyota plant was in gibson county). 

Not surprising at this point. Unfortunately I don't think it's going back in the other direction anytime soon. Surprised the 4 fans were family of Senior players of fall sports only. Better than no season, but it really just turns games into glorified practices at this point. It sucks for these kids and their supporters, but does teach the life lesson that life isn't fair.

17 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

That's a fact but people won't believe you.   Yet every spring we put our kids in basketball and school during flu season.     Another kid went missing today in lake michigan but schools have swim meets.    No one ever wants to see a kid hurt let alone lose their life. But we CAN NOT lock these kids in their room til they are 21.  

Nobody said anything about locking kids up till their 21. 

There is a flu vaccine, there is no covid-19 vaccine yet. Our bodies are more immune to fight off the flu then it is covid-19...which is why school's are shutting down. 

Kids are usually symptom free but can spread it to parents, can spread it to grandparents or strangers and some cases classmates who won't be... had adults taken this serious by taking proper precautions and caring about others.. our country completely shut down like Italy did or something similar to what Canada did.. we wouldnt be in this situation.

6 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

There is a flu vaccine, there is no covid-19 vaccine yet. Our bodies are more immune to fight off the flu then it is covid-19...which is why school's are shutting down. 

Kids are usually symptom free but can spread it to parents, can spread it to grandparents or strangers and some cases classmates who won't be... had adults taken this serious by taking proper precautions and caring about others.. our country completely shut down like Italy did or something similar to what Canada did.. we wouldnt be in this situation.

Bear in mind we have a lot bigger population than Italy and Canada.

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Bear in mind we have a lot bigger population than Italy and Canada.

The average age of covid deaths in the united states is 80 years old.     Instead of locking away young people how bout focusing on how to protect elderly and nursing homes.  

9 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Yep, I don’t care how lean this dude is.  6-4, 325 yields a BMI near 40...

We already know who this virus affects most.

While BMI doesn’t account for lean muscle and tends to focus simply on body weight, this is a decent indicator that his “heart issues” were present regardless.

Sucks for the kid/family but yet another example of the exception and not the norm though it will be painted otherwise because FEAR sells.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Yep, I don’t care how lean this dude is.  6-4, 325 yields a BMI near 40...

While BMI doesn’t account for lean muscle and tends to focus simply on body weight, this is a decent indicator that his “heart issues” were present regardless.

Sucks for the kid/family but yet another example of the exception and not the norm though it will be painted otherwise because FEAR sells.

He's a d1 offensive lineman... Probably in better shape then almost everyone on here. 

6 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

He's a d1 offensive lineman... Probably in better shape then almost everyone on here. 

Google John Stewart of Lawrence North when you get a chance.  A BMI of nearly FORTY is unhealthy no matter how you look at it.  

Once again, BMI is only one indicator but 6-4, 325 is freakishly large.  The average NFL player is in the 31-32 range.

Over 40 is a death sentence

22 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

The average age of covid deaths in the united states is 80 years old.     Instead of locking away young people how bout focusing on how to protect elderly and nursing homes.  

Who is locking away young people? As im typing this, there are 3 kids walking down my road.

Kinda hard to protect the elderly when most aren't wearing masks or taking proper precautions or their loved ones aren't. That's the ISSUE... half of America isn't taking this serious! Its why we can't have nice things. 

How about the 4 year old that died from covid? Or the 9 year old?

8 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Google John Stewart of Lawrence North when you get a chance.  A BMI of nearly FORTY is unhealthy no matter how you look at it.  

Once again, BMI is only one indicator but 6-4, 325 is freakishly large.  The average NFL player is in the 31-32 range.

The average NFL lineman is 6'5 314. 

By this chart...they are a 38.. This kid is a 39... Not that much of a difference.. and as I said.. that kid is in better shape then most of us on here. 

49893b2d8c0493b2f3aa8acf4d1c714e.jpg

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

Not surprising at this point. Unfortunately I don't think it's going back in the other direction anytime soon. Surprised the 4 fans were family of Senior players of fall sports only. Better than no season, but it really just turns games into glorified practices at this point. It sucks for these kids and their supporters, but does teach the life lesson that life isn't fair.

Yup. They are being screwed over by adults who aren't caring whats going on. 

I could see this being reversed if parents or ihsaa put pressure on. 

8 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

The average NFL lineman is 6'5 314. 

By this chart...they are a 38.. This kid is a 39... Not that much of a difference.. and as I said.. that kid is in better shape then most of us on here. 

49893b2d8c0493b2f3aa8acf4d1c714e.jpg

Doesn’t tell the whole story.  NFL offensive linemen are a different animal.  I will give you that but they are toeing a very thin line.  You cannot live a “normal life” with a number they high, on or off the field.

My 31-32 data was outdated and for that I apologize.

His mother’s “perfectly healthy” quote is a misnomer.

Lemme know when you’ve looked up John Stewart’s story.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

My son was that size in 8th grade

Don’t they call that “farm fed” in northern Hamilton County?

21 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Yup. They are being screwed over by adults who aren't caring whats going on. 

I could see this being reversed if parents or ihsaa put pressure on. 

It's a no win situation all around anymore. You ignore it all and have full capacity crowds that could lead to a deadly outbreak just to watch sports. Then you have the safe version like this were people miss out on part of what makes the game great. Usually it is better to be safe than sorry, but it's odd that the people affected by the decision aren't as heavily affected by the virus compared to other groups. Just have to make the best of the situation no matter what your viewpoint is. Just wish we could find some middle ground to try and make improvements in the entire global situation. Then we can see what really is the best way to proceed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

I agree with you.  Let the kids do their things.   Keep the adults away.

Ron Paul is right.  

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Crap, I only have months to live now, thanks!!

Just now, psaboy said:

Crap, I only have months to live now, thanks!!

Wait, from the chart above, I'm at 39. I have many fine years ahead of me 😐

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-23/school-children-don-t-spread-coronavirus-french-study-shows

You may or may not be able to find studies that say differently, but there are multiple studies that say children do not spread Covid to adults.

Also, Italy is your suggestion on who we should have followed? How about Sweeden, which never shutdown or used mask and has a lower death per million rate than Italy.  

You realize that the AVERAGE age of those that die are 80 years old? Now, I don't want anyone to die, but let's protect the vulnerable and the rest of us go about our lives. Maybe then every topic won't be about covid and we can actually talk football once again. 

Just to show how completely idiotic this decision is...

Adams County has a grand total of 81 cases. Total.  In 5 months.  Their current % positive rate is 2.9%.  They have had a grand total of 2 deaths.  One in early April and one in mid July.  

Their in-over-his-head health officer for the county, Micheal Ainsworth had this gem of a comment in the story...

“If we start to see some light at the end of the tunnel then some of the restrictions may be slowly lifted and progress monitored,” Ainsworth said.

The only "light at the end of the tunnel" is a train of stupidity rolling over the top of us that is ruining society. 

• Thanks 1