Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ohio sets rules

Who benefits the most from this? Testing companies. We all know the testing companies have Holcomb in their back pocket. Let's hope we don't have to adhere to this. Would be a logistical nightmare as well as complete torture to subject players to this invasive testing that often. Then what, if they have had a positive result or a antibody positive test, does that mean they don't have to keep doing this? Too many questions for me and effectively they are shutting down sports without really shutting down sports...

This also creates a false sense of security because between that 72 hours, you are not quarantining so you could acquire the virus during that time period...

• Disdain 1

6 minutes ago, gindie said:

From the interim Ohio state medical director:

All participants (players, coaches, officials) are to be tested within 72 hours of each game.  Any positive test cancels the game and appears to result in quarantine of all participants.

There’s no way the schools or the organization have the funds to do this. 

2 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

New relief bill, depending on side of the aisle is support to have some money for school although one side is more than the other and the side with lower amount is predicated on support only for schools that open in-person.  Also, one side of the aisle had provisions for state and local support, which could possibly be used toward additional testing, but the other side had none outside of relaxing repayment for previous relief.  Both sides of the aisle also had general coverage for COVID testing and research ... one side had twice as much as the other ... roughly 35 billion to 75 billion.

1 hour ago, mykidssportsfan said:

Who benefits the most from this? Testing companies. We all know the testing companies have Holcomb in their back pocket. Let's hope we don't have to adhere to this. Would be a logistical nightmare as well as complete torture to subject players to this invasive testing that often. Then what, if they have had a positive result or a antibody positive test, does that mean they don't have to keep doing this? Too many questions for me and effectively they are shutting down sports without really shutting down sports...

This also creates a false sense of security because between that 72 hours, you are not quarantining so you could acquire the virus during that time period...

Uh.  This is from Ohio.  Holcomb has nothing to do with it. He is INDIANA's Governor.

3 minutes ago, 77Jimmie said:

Uh.  This is from Ohio.  Holcomb has nothing to do with it. He is INDIANA's Governor.

1 hour ago, mykidssportsfan said:

The test I had wasn't too invasive.  I think I've had Flonase hurt more. 

7 hours ago, gindie said:

From the interim Ohio state medical director:

All participants (players, coaches, officials) are to be tested within 72 hours of each game.  Any positive test cancels the game and appears to result in quarantine of all participants.

Then there will never be a sport played this year in Ohio.  Which is what their clown governor probably wants anyway. 

MLB just had at least 3 false positives (out of the 40 or so that tested positive).  Its estimated that between 5-10% of all tests are inaccurate.  

Its just completely pathetic what our country has turned into in such a short period of time.  Very, very sad.

3 minutes ago, PhilLee said:

Then there will never be a sport played this year in Ohio.  Which is what their clown governor probably wants anyway. 

That's the speculation of what he will say at tomorrow's press conference.

Interested to see what's going to happen being a state liner of Indiana & Ohio. See if they can add to my disappointment of my home county of Adams' news yesterday. Curious to see how college football is going to work as well with the conference only (if it happens). I'm sure we will see NFL but how is that going to go as well.

21 hours ago, PhilLee said:

MLB just had at least 3 false positives (out of the 40 or so that tested positive).  Its estimated that between 5-10% of all tests are inaccurate.  

Its just completely pathetic what our country has turned into in such a short period of time.  Very, very sad.

Admittedly, I was not that optimistic of a full season.  You may choose to think of me as a Donnie Downer/Gloomy Gipper, but I think more of myself as a concerned father, citizen, and not to mention one hell of a model American.  But the fact that two MLB teams have had not just one or two players, but rather nearly the whole team come down with the thing, leads me to believe we probably shouldn’t press forward.  I don’t see it as locking the kids up, but rather giving them hopes for a better future.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Admittedly, I was not that optimistic of a full season.  You may choose to think of me as a Donnie Downer/Gloomy Gipper, but I think more of myself as a concerned father, citizen, and not to mention one hell of a model American.  But the fact that two MLB teams have had not just one or two players, but rather nearly the whole team come down with the thing, leads me to believe we probably shouldn’t press forward.  I don’t see it as locking the kids up, but rather giving them hopes for a better future.

Coming down with what?  5 of the 13 Cardinals that tested positive have no symptoms.  The other 8 have "very minor symptoms" (in other words...they have a cold). 

The other 28 teams have had zero issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhilLee said:

Coming down with what?  5 of the 13 Cardinals that tested positive have no symptoms.  The other 8 have "very minor symptoms" (in other words...they have a cold). 

14D1E71B-C609-4E52-82F1-D85F3981B53B.gif

4 minutes ago, PhilLee said:

Is there some underlying reason their games keep getting postponed?

On 8/3/2020 at 4:03 PM, Thor77 said:

According QuestDiagnostics and LabCorp, the two largest laboratory chains in the U.S., the Medicare rates (likely the lowest cost) to process an antibody test is around $50 and $100-$200 for a PCR swab test

Who is going to pay for that?

The school can not afford that x's athletes/coaches.

I'm hearing that some colleges/universities are using a spit test.  Spit in a tube and send for testing.  The COVID lives in our spit.

Anyone know how long the spit test takes to get a result and how long it takes and how accurate is that test?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 8/4/2020 at 10:31 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

According QuestDiagnostics and LabCorp, the two largest laboratory chains in the U.S., the Medicare rates (likely the lowest cost) to process an antibody test is around $50 and $100-$200 for a PCR swab test

Who is going to pay for that?

The school can not afford that x's athletes/coaches.

I'm hearing that some colleges/universities are using a spit test.  Spit in a tube and send for testing.  The COVID lives in our spit.

Anyone know how long the spit test takes to get a result and how long it takes and how accurate is that test?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I don't know about accuracy, but I was talking to a former student and player who is now at Purdue and he said that the spit test cost around $100 and he had to log in somewhere and video himself spitting into the tube to verify that it was actually him who did the spitting. 

On 8/4/2020 at 8:18 PM, PhilLee said:

BINGO. What are the symptoms?  Follow along people. Stop being paranoid by fear what you hear on tv. 

29 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

BINGO. What are the symptoms?  Follow along people. Stop being paranoid by fear what you hear on tv. 

How many times are you going to keep saying this?  We understand.  We also know people who have died.  We also know people who have been on respirators.  We also know people who feel like they've been hit by a bus.  We also know people who say they had it in January and felt like poop.  

27 minutes ago, Robert said:

How many times are you going to keep saying this?  We understand.  We also know people who have died.  We also know people who have been on respirators.  We also know people who feel like they've been hit by a bus.  We also know people who say they had it in January and felt like poop.  

With a few exceptions, baseball does socially distance naturally.  Now if all the football coaches can run a serious spread offense...then we have something

1 hour ago, Robert said:

As many times as it will take. 

The virus is real whether you believe or not accept it or not.  End of that topic

The concept of the masks is to prevent transmission - NOT STOP IT

It is in particles that come out of your mouth - and right now in Indiana over 40% of the cases are in people 29 and under

So it shows it is there

You want football like I do - god for sake take the politics out of the discussion and follow the suggestions - It is not fail safe but remember neither is the flu shot since it is based on the previous year's strain.

But if the season gets interrupted or stopped and if you have not done your part - do not blame anyone but look at yourself

It spikes after July 4 and Labor Day - the final weekend of summer is coming

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 5:39 PM, Robert said:

The test I had wasn't too invasive.  I think I've had Flonase hurt more. 

My wife and I both had a test a while back. It kind of sucked but I've had worse. My wife, on the other hand, did not handle it well. The test caused her to have a sore in her nose that lasted for weeks, plus the nurse treated her like a child when she slightly flinched due to the pain.

• Sad 1