Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Football 2020

So, I thought I would start a thread for this year. It will be interesting to see how season plays out. I'll start thread with news of a kid from Bolingbrook, IL will enroll and play at Snider this year due to IL moving season to spring. Ison Robinson is player, don't see too much about him, so not sure what the impact will be for the Panthers. Guess he/his family has moved to Fort Wayne.  Anybody know anything more?

• Like 1

Im guessing he would have to move to be eligible per IHSAA rules.  My question: Could an Illinois kid move to Indiana for the fall semester and play football here and the move back to Illinois after Christmas and play football in the spring in Illinois?  2 football seasons in 1 school year?

34 minutes ago, psaboy said:

So, I thought I would start a thread for this year. It will be interesting to see how season plays out. I'll start thread with news of a kid from Bolingbrook, IL will enroll and play at Snider this year due to IL moving season to spring. Ison Robinson is player, don't see too much about him, so not sure what the impact will be for the Panthers. Guess he/his family has moved to Fort Wayne.  Anybody know anything more?

According to Twitter, his dad played at Snider. 

Two assumptions:

1. He presumably still has family in the FW area which would make moving easier.

2. He/his family sees him as a top prospect who might want to early enroll at a college next spring/early summer and season adjustments in Illinois would interfere with that. 

Here is a document from the IHSAA that relates to transfers.  I read down to end of the document to #11.  Can they prove the transfer wasn't for athletic reasons?  They meet the requirement for eligibility if they move to Fort Wayne but can they meet the requirement for #11a and also undue influence in #12.  This will be a tricky thing for the IHSAA, not just in this case but also in any school along the state line that gets transfers from Illinois.

Athletic Eligibility.pdf

Edited by Plymouthfan91

8 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

According to Twitter, his dad played at Snider. 

Two assumptions:

1. He presumably still has family in the FW area which would make moving easier.

2. He/his family sees him as a top prospect who might want to early enroll at a college next spring/early summer and season adjustments in Illinois would interfere with that. 

Thanks. I was wondering of that was Jabar's son. Not sure if I have correct spelling, but I do recall him playing there. Was pretty good if I recall. 

12 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Here is a document from the IHSAA that relates to transfers.  I read down to end of the document to #11.  Can they prove the transfer wasn't for athletic reasons?  They meet the requirement for eligibility if they move to Fort Wayne but can they meet the requirement for #11a and also undue influence in #12.  This will be a tricky thing for the IHSAA, not just in this case but also in any school along the state line that gets transfers from Illinois.

Athletic Eligibility.pdf 270.61 kB · 1 download

Not sure if this means anything, but see he has already been added to roster.

4 hours ago, psaboy said:

Thanks. I was wondering of that was Jabar's son. Not sure if I have correct spelling, but I do recall him playing there. Was pretty good if I recall. 

Not sure if this means anything, but see he has already been added to roster.

I hope he can play especially if he is a D-1 player and can get some film out for maybe a better offer.  But even if he is on the roster he still needs to get IHSAA approval for the transfer before he can play.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Im guessing he would have to move to be eligible per IHSAA rules.  My question: Could an Illinois kid move to Indiana for the fall semester and play football here and the move back to Illinois after Christmas and play football in the spring in Illinois?  2 football seasons in 1 school year?

I think once the fall season finishes, hell have used his 4 years of eligibility. 

I think a few years ago Bowman had a kid play 4 years of bball in Illinois.. Didn't graduate on time, moved over to bowman and IHSAA caught on and he was declared ineligible. 

8 hours ago, BTF said:

Something tells me that there is something more in store for this kid than Valparaiso. His highlights are impressive. Either way, Snider is getting a good one. 

Do you know if the IHSAA has approved the transfer already or not?  If they have this will allow schools close to the state line to increase their enrollment and make more money. 

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Do you know if the IHSAA has approved the transfer already or not?  If they have this will allow schools close to the state line to increase their enrollment and make more money. 

All I know is what I read here and online. I'm assuming it was approved. Sorry, I know that doesn't help.

21 hours ago, BTF said:

According to the Return to Play Plan, no competition between schools is allowed until Saturday. So I imagine there could be a scrimmage on Saturday. I haven't heard anything. 

OK, thought i heard that too. I've seen some schools are doing on Saturday.

Hamilton Heights still on schedule to scrimmage Eastbrook Saturday at 11am.

Game 1 opponent for Hamilton Heights changed to Muncie Central after Monroe Central cancelled on their end.

UPDATE: Hamilton Heights will now play Muncie Central in Week 1 of the football season, Aug. 21. It will be the Senior Night game for the Huskies. Muncie Central replaces Monroe Central, which opted out of the game due to COVID-19 concerns.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Snider will have some work to do this week in practice. North Side looked good, dominated line play and looks to have some good talent in addition to Taylor, good game for them. I look forward to seeing if they can keep things going. I haven't seen Snider get pushed around like that for awhile. 

Some young guys getting their first varsity start..others looked as if they hadn't played their position for more than this summer..a humbling film session may do the trick..they have no time to hang their heads..teams will be amped to play them every week..

Edited by Justasportsfan
Grammatical error

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Looks like Snider will have some work to do this week in practice. North Side looked good, dominated line play and looks to have some good talent in addition to Taylor, good game for them. I look forward to seeing if they can keep things going. I haven't seen Snider get pushed around like that for awhile. 

North looked good tonight. And they didn't appear to be a one man show with Duce Taylor. They are a complete team. They could be the third best team up north behind Valpo and Dwenger. But that was just one week against a team with a lot of work to do. The real test will be this Friday against Carroll. I now have Dwenger, Carroll, and North Side as my top three teams. The rest of the conference is a crapshoot. 

2 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Some young guys getting their first varsity start..others looked as if they hadn't played their position for more than this summer..a humbling film session may do the trick..they have no time to hang their heads..teams will be amped to play them every week..

Yes, I'm sure they will be have some "practicing" this coming week. It will be interesting to see how they respond in game with Carroll. I wouldn't be surprised by any type of result in that game. If they fall flat next week, week after is Concordia so there could be chance they start out 0-3 this year?? Who knows, these are kids I keep reminding myself. Really just happy to have football being played and glad for the kids 👍

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yes, I'm sure they will be have some "practicing" this coming week. It will be interesting to see how they respond in game with Carroll. I wouldn't be surprised by any type of result in that game. If they fall flat next week, week after is Concordia so there could be chance they start out 0-3 this year?? Who knows, these are kids I keep reminding myself. Really just happy to have football being played and glad for the kids 👍

This happens about twice every decade or so..a team catches lightning in a bottle or has a gr8 class come through their halls..the guys on the field gave their best effort n sni high literally has athletes learning their position this year..some might not have that "dog" mentality..might as well be the hammer..not the nail..tippy will get em going..eventually..good to see other teams gain momentum..there was no love for panther country on social media last night..🤐🤐