Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Football 2020

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

I would think Snider's best chance for W is if  it is a low scoring game. I was surprised Homestead was able to put that many points on Saints D, that may be a bad trend for the Panthers. Will see, Snider looked like a completely different team against South Side (bad) then the did against Concordia (good). At this point I can just say I hope they play a good game against Homestead, competitive and have a chance to win, vs get out played as they did against North and Carroll. Maybe the talent/experience is just not at Snider this year??

Looks to be the case. Another concerning thing is lack of confidence and swagger.They just don't seem to have it like teams of the past. The coaches need to turn these kids loose.  Let them play with some attitude like the Isaacs's led teams of the 90's and 00's.

Dwenger's D held Homestead to 7 points with one minute remaining in the game. I'm not sure how Dwenger didn't beat Homestead by 14 points. I was surprised at how Homestead cut through the Dwenger D during overtime. The Saints win this game 9 times out of 10. Kudus to Homestead on the upset, which is exactly what it was. Now Homestead has an opportunity to go 4-0 over Snider and Dwenger over the last two years. Not a good look for the kingpins of the SAC.

Seriously, Homestead isn't even a Top 3 team in the SAC this year. How do they mangage 4-0 against the kingpins? Grit and determination. Homestead today doesn't play like the soft teams of the past. They actually have a defense that is better than their offense. That hasn't happened in.............well, forever. I think being in the SAC has toughened up both Homestead and Carroll. Couple that with growing student populations and state of the art facilities and they could be the future of the SAC. Suburban dominance seems to be a statewide trend this year............at least in Fort Wayne and Indy. 

11 hours ago, BTF said:

Looks to be the case. Another concerning thing is lack of confidence and swagger.They just don't seem to have it like teams of the past. The coaches need to turn these kids loose.  Let them play with some attitude like the Isaacs's led teams of the 90's and 00's.

Dwenger's D held Homestead to 7 points with one minute remaining in the game. I'm not sure how Dwenger didn't beat Homestead by 14 points. I was surprised at how Homestead cut through the Dwenger D during overtime. The Saints win this game 9 times out of 10. Kudus to Homestead on the upset, which is exactly what it was. Now Homestead has an opportunity to go 4-0 over Snider and Dwenger over the last two years. Not a good look for the kingpins of the SAC.

Seriously, Homestead isn't even a Top 3 team in the SAC this year. How do they mangage 4-0 against the kingpins? Grit and determination. Homestead today doesn't play like the soft teams of the past. They actually have a defense that is better than their offense. That hasn't happened in.............well, forever. I think being in the SAC has toughened up both Homestead and Carroll. Couple that with growing student populations and state of the art facilities and they could be the future of the SAC. Suburban dominance seems to be a statewide trend this year............at least in Fort Wayne and Indy. 

I think the talent may be there, just need experience that this year will give them. The shift may be there with Homestead and Carroll, but I think Dwenger and Snider will still be in mix in most years. I was stumped a bit on the play calling by Snider, very blah & bland, hopefully they will let them loose a bit at some point. The secondary is big concern. 

Sparty upset dwenger last week n will be licking their chops.. a 2 loss snider team this early in the season does not come around that often..could this be the game the Panthers need to get some swagger back or will they buckle once more? Archers had them in a dogfight last week..it was good for both programs..

22 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Sparty upset dwenger last week n will be licking their chops.. a 2 loss snider team this early in the season does not come around that often..could this be the game the Panthers need to get some swagger back or will they buckle once more? Archers had them in a dogfight last week..it was good for both programs..

I thinking it will be a long night for the once Mighty Panthers of Snider. 

• 3 weeks later...

Do Panthers have a chance vs Dwenger next week? I'm thinking they are playing better, just hope they can score a TD or 2 in first half, D plays good (they looked better as unit vs Northrop) to keep respectable. I'm thinking Saints by 13 or 17??

10 hours ago, psaboy said:

Do Panthers have a chance vs Dwenger next week? I'm thinking they are playing better, just hope they can score a TD or 2 in first half, D plays good (they looked better as unit vs Northrop) to keep respectable. I'm thinking Saints by 13 or 17??

Snider's done three things this year that no other team in the SAC has done. Beat Concordia by 4 td's, beat Northrop by 6 td's, and shut out Northrop. There's some light at the end of the tunnel for this team. There's no question that they are playing better. 

Snider struggles against good quarterbacks. In the end I think Lytle will be the difference. Not to mention Dwenger has arguably the best defense in the state and Snider's offense is still a work in progress. 

Dwenger 24-7. Snider get's a special teams score to avoid the goose egg. 

On 10/4/2020 at 10:07 AM, BTF said:

Snider's done three things this year that no other team in the SAC has done. Beat Concordia by 4 td's, beat Northrop by 6 td's, and shut out Northrop. There's some light at the end of the tunnel for this team. There's no question that they are playing better. 

Snider struggles against good quarterbacks. In the end I think Lytle will be the difference. Not to mention Dwenger has arguably the best defense in the state and Snider's offense is still a work in progress. 

Dwenger 24-7. Snider get's a special teams score to avoid the goose egg. 

"Too many cats..need more dogs out there"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Not liking those facemask calls in the third quarter. Was hoping to see replay, didn't show.

Definitely some questionable flags thrown that didn't help Snider's cause. But Dwenger had some penalties as well that hurt some of their drives. Snider just didn't get the job done at the end..........kudos to Dwenger. But here's the thing............Snider played toe to toe with arguably one of the Top 5 teams in the state of Indiana. They are getting better each and every week and will be a force to be reckoned with in Sectional 3. This isn't the same team that got wasted by North Side, Carroll, and Homestead. Bring on the Spartan's in Round 1.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Definitely some questionable flags thrown that didn't help Snider's cause. But Dwenger had some penalties as well that hurt some of their drives. Snider just didn't get the job done at the end..........kudos to Dwenger. But here's the thing............Snider played toe to toe with arguably one of the Top 5 teams in the state of Indiana. They are getting better each and every week and will be a force to be reckoned with in Sectional 3. This isn't the same team that got wasted by North Side, Carroll, and Homestead. Bring on the Spartan's in Round 1.

Yes, they looked like a different team tonight. Maybe some of that had to do with fact they were playing Saints? The D was really aggressive, which is what they will need in Sectionals against the high powered O's they will face. Fumble in the third on the QB/RB exchange and Hupert's underthrown pass in fourth on INT really hurt. 

Just now, psaboy said:

Yes, they looked like a different team tonight. Maybe some of that had to do with fact they were playing Saints? The D was really aggressive, which is what they will need in Sectionals against the high powered O's they will face. Fumble in the third on the QB/RB exchange and Hupert's underthrown pass in fourth on INT really hurt. 

didn't watch the last 5 minutes, so can't comment on anything there.

8 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Your defense is tough. Best D BD has seen all year. I was not surprised by this game. It is always a battle.  They will be back. 

They just rumbled with one of the best teams in the state. In fact, outplayed and had them down going into the 4th. So it may be a matter of them already being back. We can put the "worst team in Snider history" idea to rest now. This teams is pretty good and it just took some time for the younger players to get going. Sectional 3 take notice. 

Congrats to the Saints, great teams figure it out in the end. 

• 3 weeks later...

Snider gets off to 10-0 lead vs Homestead. They need to continue to heavy rush/blitz Homestead QB, like they did on first possession. Homestead just scored, Snider's secondary can't do this without D line pressure up front. Homestead QB will pick them alive if Snider rushes only 3 or 4. 

45 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Snider gets off to 10-0 lead vs Homestead. They need to continue to heavy rush/blitz Homestead QB, like they did on first possession. Homestead just scored, Snider's secondary can't do this without D line pressure up front. Homestead QB will pick them alive if Snider rushes only 3 or 4. 

Snider can win if they keep it on the ground. Messing around with the pass is killing drives.

I'm curious in what type of D Snider plays in secondary?? They never seem to have their eyes on the QB, heads are down looking at the receiver, not watching the ball & QB. Just wondering, because they really look bad back there. 

30 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'm curious in what type of D Snider plays in secondary?? They never seem to have their eyes on the QB, heads are down looking at the receiver, not watching the ball & QB. Just wondering, because they really look bad back there. 

They've been coached like that for years. The idea is that if you are looking at the quarterback, the receiver can gain a step or two. Separation. Touchdown. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

They've been coached like that for years. The idea is that if you are looking at the quarterback, the receiver can gain a step or two. Separation. Touchdown. 

Well that was same result tonight. Secondary never seemed to have their heads/eyes up, heads down reacting, not being proactive. Snider did play better, a bit. Brown ran good, Haupert needs to work on his passing, many overthrows and bad decisions into 2x/3x coverage. Also 2 bad swing passes to flat that are borderline lateral. The second one that he did had bad call by ref IMO, looked to be a turnover. Onto 2021 I guess.

1 minute ago, psaboy said:

Well that was same result tonight. Secondary never seemed to have their heads/eyes up, heads down reacting, not being proactive. Snider did play better, a bit. Brown ran good, Haupert needs to work on his passing, many overthrows and bad decisions into 2x/3x coverage. Also 2 bad swing passes to flat that are borderline lateral. The second one that he did had bad call by ref IMO, looked to be a turnover. Onto 2021 I guess.

Snider could be the favorite in the SAC next year. Haupert will be a better passer. He's already a good runner. They will run over teams if they want to. But they have to want that. 

They had to attempt passes to keep them honest..run game looked good although all facets of the game must be solid for 6a ball..HHS exposed some weaknesses as good teams will do that to ya..kudos to the seniors who played their hearts out..sparty losing their rb may hurt later on..they reminded me of a school that got moved south this year..color scheme n all..