11 hours ago, psaboy said:

I would think Snider's best chance for W is if  it is a low scoring game. I was surprised Homestead was able to put that many points on Saints D, that may be a bad trend for the Panthers. Will see, Snider looked like a completely different team against South Side (bad) then the did against Concordia (good). At this point I can just say I hope they play a good game against Homestead, competitive and have a chance to win, vs get out played as they did against North and Carroll. Maybe the talent/experience is just not at Snider this year??

Looks to be the case. Another concerning thing is lack of confidence and swagger.They just don't seem to have it like teams of the past. The coaches need to turn these kids loose.  Let them play with some attitude like the Isaacs's led teams of the 90's and 00's.

Dwenger's D held Homestead to 7 points with one minute remaining in the game. I'm not sure how Dwenger didn't beat Homestead by 14 points. I was surprised at how Homestead cut through the Dwenger D during overtime. The Saints win this game 9 times out of 10. Kudus to Homestead on the upset, which is exactly what it was. Now Homestead has an opportunity to go 4-0 over Snider and Dwenger over the last two years. Not a good look for the kingpins of the SAC.

Seriously, Homestead isn't even a Top 3 team in the SAC this year. How do they mangage 4-0 against the kingpins? Grit and determination. Homestead today doesn't play like the soft teams of the past. They actually have a defense that is better than their offense. That hasn't happened in.............well, forever. I think being in the SAC has toughened up both Homestead and Carroll. Couple that with growing student populations and state of the art facilities and they could be the future of the SAC. Suburban dominance seems to be a statewide trend this year............at least in Fort Wayne and Indy. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scrimmage Saturday for this guy

So, I thought I would start a thread for this year. It will be interesting to see how season plays out. I'll start thread with news of a kid from Bolingbrook, IL will enroll and play at Snider this ye

I hope he can play especially if he is a D-1 player and can get some film out for maybe a better offer.  But even if he is on the roster he still needs to get IHSAA approval for the transfer before he

11 hours ago, BTF said:

Looks to be the case. Another concerning thing is lack of confidence and swagger.They just don't seem to have it like teams of the past. The coaches need to turn these kids loose.  Let them play with some attitude like the Isaacs's led teams of the 90's and 00's.

Dwenger's D held Homestead to 7 points with one minute remaining in the game. I'm not sure how Dwenger didn't beat Homestead by 14 points. I was surprised at how Homestead cut through the Dwenger D during overtime. The Saints win this game 9 times out of 10. Kudus to Homestead on the upset, which is exactly what it was. Now Homestead has an opportunity to go 4-0 over Snider and Dwenger over the last two years. Not a good look for the kingpins of the SAC.

Seriously, Homestead isn't even a Top 3 team in the SAC this year. How do they mangage 4-0 against the kingpins? Grit and determination. Homestead today doesn't play like the soft teams of the past. They actually have a defense that is better than their offense. That hasn't happened in.............well, forever. I think being in the SAC has toughened up both Homestead and Carroll. Couple that with growing student populations and state of the art facilities and they could be the future of the SAC. Suburban dominance seems to be a statewide trend this year............at least in Fort Wayne and Indy. 

I think the talent may be there, just need experience that this year will give them. The shift may be there with Homestead and Carroll, but I think Dwenger and Snider will still be in mix in most years. I was stumped a bit on the play calling by Snider, very blah & bland, hopefully they will let them loose a bit at some point. The secondary is big concern. 

Sparty upset dwenger last week n will be licking their chops.. a 2 loss snider team this early in the season does not come around that often..could this be the game the Panthers need to get some swagger back or will they buckle once more? Archers had them in a dogfight last week..it was good for both programs..

22 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Sparty upset dwenger last week n will be licking their chops.. a 2 loss snider team this early in the season does not come around that often..could this be the game the Panthers need to get some swagger back or will they buckle once more? Archers had them in a dogfight last week..it was good for both programs..

I thinking it will be a long night for the once Mighty Panthers of Snider.