Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Schools Pausing or Cancelled the Fall

6 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Just seen where Rochester has suspended ALL fall sports until August 24th.  Posted by WSBT.com       NO PRACTICE, WEIGHTS ANYTHING!!!   Who is going to follow suit???

Very sad start for them!!

LaPorte has suspended Tennis and football. 

• Like 1

Just now, Football Guru 25 said:

This will mean they will miss the first 3 weeks of football due to the state requirement of having 10 practices in before competition!   WOW!!

Winamac loses its scrimmage opponent and Knox loses its 2nd week opponent. 

BREAKING: Rochester schools will begin the year with virtual classes, and all athletic practices and games will be suspended until at least August 24, due to “the recent activities of students attending end-of-summer celebrations, and a number of exposures to persons testing positive for COVID 19 there and during travels.”

This could be only the beginning - everyone needs to take the guidelines seriously or there will be no sports this fall

I am an optimistic person by nature, however, I have to be honest at this point I see no point in trying to have a season. If as little as a single positive test shuts down all sports (I saw where Ohio set the rule that all participants (players, coaches, officials) are to be tested within 72 hours of each game.  Any positive test cancels the game and appears to result in quarantine of all participants), what is the point?

Newsflash - there are going to be positive tests for the foreseeable future. Without a vaccine, COVID-19 will not be going anywhere. I just wish people could accept this and either decide to stop everything completely, or learn to live with it and continue on. The continuous starting - stopping - starting - stopping is absurd.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I am an optimistic person by nature, however, I have to be honest at this point I see no point in trying to have a season. If as little as a single positive test shuts down all sports (I saw where Ohio set the rule that all participants (players, coaches, officials) are to be tested within 72 hours of each game.  Any positive test cancels the game and appears to result in quarantine of all participants), what is the point?

Newsflash - there are going to be positive tests for the foreseeable future. Without a vaccine, COVID-19 will not be going anywhere. I just wish people could accept this and either decide to stop everything completely, or learn to live with it and continue on. The continuous starting - stopping - starting - stopping is absurd.

Truth... more havoc/frustrating at this point.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

BREAKING: Rochester schools will begin the year with virtual classes, and all athletic practices and games will be suspended until at least August 24, due to “the recent activities of students attending end-of-summer celebrations, and a number of exposures to persons testing positive for COVID 19 there and during travels.”

This could be only the beginning - everyone needs to take the guidelines seriously or there will be no sports this fall

What an irresponsible headline.  I guess I shouldn’t be surprised in 2020.

The reasons given for the positive numbers are definitely a possibility but nowhere near scientific.  

Way to throw students under the bus...

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, Temptation said:

What an irresponsible headline.  I guess I shouldn’t be surprised in 2020.

The reasons given for the positive numbers are definitely a possibility but nowhere near scientific.  

Way to throw students under the bus...

That's what I was thinking.   In 5 month's Fulton county has had only 146 positive tests.   Obviously we don't know the circumstances behind that comment blaming kids.   3 weeks is alot of time for kids who didnt do anything wrong and have tried to do their best to have fall sports and school.     

23 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

That's what I was thinking.   In 5 month's Fulton county has had only 146 positive tests.   Obviously we don't know the circumstances behind that comment blaming kids.   3 weeks is alot of time for kids who didnt do anything wrong and have tried to do their best to have fall sports and school.     

Contract tracing isn’t THAT accurate.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Do you mean 'contact' tracing?

Yep.  Thanks.  Knew I didn’t get in at Colorado for a reason...too prestigious for me.

Edited by Guest

35 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Life isn't always fair, Thats what my dad always preached to me. 

Sometimes you do nothing wrong but get punished because others do. 

We won't have nice things till everyone starts taking this serious. 

Heard a bunch of kids have tested positive.

Edited by TheStatGuy

16 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Life isn't always fair, Thats what my dad always preached to me. 

Sometimes you do nothing wrong but get punished because others do. 

We won't have nice things till everyone starts taking this serious. 

Heard a bunch of kids have tested positive.

We’re Any of the rochester kids symptomatic? Anyone know what led to the testing?

Thank goodness my kids go to school in a district that doesn't panic over "cases".  The protocols are effective.  Our 7,000 employee Toyota plant proves that every day.  Districts that "punt" at the first sign of a few "Cases" are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  It is absolutely mind boggling to me that there are actual living breathing human beings that think at the first sign of any positives in the building you need to shut the whole operation down.  Just completely insane, there is no other word for it....insane.

• Like 4
  • Disdain 1

12 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

We’re Any of the rochester kids symptomatic? Anyone know what led to the testing?

It doesn't matter if they are symptomatic.. Testing positive is testing positive.

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Thank goodness my kids go to school in a district that doesn't panic over "cases".  The protocols are effective.  Our 7,000 employee Toyota plant proves that every day.  Districts that "punt" at the first sign of a few "Cases" are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  It is absolutely mind boggling to me that there are actual living breathing human beings that think at the first sign of any positives in the building you need to shut the whole operation down.  Just completely insane, there is no other word for it....insane.

Rochester is actually one of the top academic schools in our area. 

This is what you don't get.  Symptomatic or not, they are carriers that could lead other gets to getting infected, which in turns puts adults in school or at home in danger... and can further extend the outbreak (which is why the US is still struggling with this...this is why we can't have nice things. )

In Winamac all main factories have been shut down at one point and a county to the south of us had a major outbreak.. Where a lot of those workers live. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

So, if we tested the population for flu as heavily as we are testing for Covid you don’t think numbers would be higher? Covid is no more a death sentence than the flu. 

My question was to find out if these kids were knowingly around others with Covid and then attended the events or if they were symptomatic which led to the testing. It matters because parents and children were knowingly negligent or it was an honest mistake.

Regardless of shutdowns and cancellations, kids will be kids and will do the same damn things. People weren’t born to stay in captivity.  Especially kids. 

9 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Rochester is actually one of the top academic schools in our area. 

This is what you don't get.  Symptomatic or not, they are carriers that could lead other gets to getting infected, which in turns puts adults in school or at home in danger... this is why we can't have nice things. 

We are THE top academic public school in our area....surely you aren't insinuating that the "smart" people are the ones shutting down buildings for a few positives.  In terms of Rochester specifically...I know nothing about the details there.  There could be more reasons than I am not  aware of to justify their actions.  My comment was to protocols and that "cases" should be expected literally everywhere.  It's not a reason to shut anything down.  "Cases" are not the panic button statistic.  My guess is (and this is purely speculation), that their could be as many as 700 asymptomatic "Cases" in the building EVERY day at Toyota.  Somehow, no one goes to the hospital and no one dies.

Edited by Titan32

11 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

We are THE top academic public school in our area....surely you aren't insinuating that the "smart" people are the ones shutting down buildings for a few positives.  In terms of Rochester specifically...I know nothing about the details there.  There could be more reasons than I am not  aware of to justify their actions.  My comment was to protocols and that "cases" should be expected literally everywhere.  It's not a reason to shut anything down.  "Cases" are not the panic button statistic.  My guess is (and this is purely speculation), that their could be as many as 700 asymptomatic "Cases" in the building EVERY day at Toyota.  Somehow, no one goes to the hospital and no one dies.

Never said Gibson Southern wasn't... All im saying is. Rochester is a very good school system and is doin what is best for its kids. 

The Toyota plant you are talking about.. Is that in gibson county?