Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Schools Pausing or Cancelled the Fall

5 minutes ago, Howe said:

My nephew is on the football team at Connersville. I've never understood why such a blue collar community never embraced football. They love basketball.

Yep....Connersville plays one sport only.....Hoops.  The only aberration was the brief time Radtke was there....which tells me more than a little as to how great he is as a coach.

Baffles me too.  By all measure they should be a great football town.

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Yep....Connersville plays one sport only.....Hoops.  The only aberration was the brief time Radtke was there....which tells me more than a little as to how great he is as a coach.

I kind of knew that.  Benton Central is a rival school of mine who suffers a similar fate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

If a program misses a scrimmage/game because of two positive coaches or not...they are doing it wrong.

That really is an ignorant statement. It completely depends on what the coaching responsibilities are. If a coach is a coordinator, he has been in close contact with every player on a given side of the ball. There simply is not enough info given to make such a ridiculous comment. 

Move fall sports to the spring?

What about the spring sports? Now we are saying that kids that play football and run track or play baseball or golf have to pick a sport.

I didn't hear anyone offering the spring sports a chance to play.   Now those 2020 graduates have moved on.

What is in the best interest of not just kids, but everyone?

The answer is what no one wants to hear.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

Postpones fall sports till further notice. 

Is it your intention to start a new topic for each program that gets shut down? Has positive tests? Or just temporarily suspends sports? Because there are over 300 schools in the State. And there may be a day where we see a significant number do one of those things. I am sure most people here would prefer to not see the first page full. There is a topic open where these could have been added. How about just posting there? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Is it your intention to start a new topic for each program that gets shut down? Has positive tests? Or just temporarily suspends sports? Because there are over 300 schools in the State. And there may be a day where we see a significant number do one of those things. I am sure most people here would prefer to not see the first page full. There is a topic open where these could have been added. How about just posting there? 

No i won't and i didn't see that. 

1 hour ago, SL816 said:

Serious question, why? What happens between now and March 1st that changes anything? If we all shelter until then, what have we changed? 

The election, Durham Report, Flynn’s gag order removed.......

36 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Move fall sports to the spring?

What about the spring sports? Now we are saying that kids that play football and run track or play baseball or golf have to pick a sport.

I didn't hear anyone offering the spring sports a chance to play.   Now those 2020 graduates have moved on.

What is in the best interest of not just kids, but everyone?

The answer is what no one wants to hear.

from_the_sidelines007

What’s the answer that no one want to hear?  To keep going?

22 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Him or CW13

37 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

This means whiting clark one of the longest running rivalries in the state is officially done, for gods sake Ihsaa flip the season to spring already. 

Just because Hobart’s board has no backbone and are punishing 15-19 year old kids because of a virus that will have absolutely ZERO effect on them doesn’t mean the rest of the State should concede to their lack of character. 

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, OldschoolFB said:

Just because Hobart’s board has no backbone and are punishing 15-19 year old kids because of a virus that will have absolutely ZERO effect on them doesn’t mean the rest of the State should concede to their lack of character. 

Do you mean Hammond?  Not Hobart, correct?  

3 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

The election, Durham Report, Flynn’s gag order removed.......

What’s the answer that no one want to hear?  To keep going?

The answer is:

Follow the guidelines . . . 

mask up (when people are asked to)

physical distance (whenever possible)

avoid too much contact when not required for sports

use hand sanitizer and cleaning materials to minimize contact with surfaces.

We are in the situation we are in because people don't want to or think they have to follow a simple guideline.

*I get that there are those that may not be able to mask up due to medical reasons. Not everyone has a medical reason.

These kids want to play and a lot of these kids are being smart and making good decisions.  The coaches want to coach.  The parents, friends, community members want to watch football or volleyball or soccer or whatever again.

Just follow the guidelines . . .  Its that simple.

from_the_sidelines007

30 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

Amen Brother.  This guy does nothing but post bad news without solutions.  And does so with the speed of someone who could only be happy to hear the news.  

Calling someone a d bag on here is a pretty classless thing to do.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

The answer is:

We are in the situation we are in because people don't want to or think they have to follow a simple guideline.

*I get that there are those that may not be able to mask up due to medical reasons. Not everyone has a medical reason.

These kids want to play and a lot of these kids are being smart and making good decisions.  The coaches want to coach.  The parents, friends, community members want to watch football or volleyball or soccer or whatever again.

from_the_sidelines007

Doing all of those guidelines, still isn't enough for some people.  Look to what just happened with the Indy 500 for example.  They had ALL of those plans in place and had agreements with the state and still got the rug pulled out from under them.  Because IU Health decided to throw some weight around at the very last minute. 

There are a lot of people, suddenly with a lot of power, who don't really like sports.  Don't like the attention they get.  Don't like the money they generate.  And using this virus is a way to bring sports down.  Which we are seeing happen right in front of our eyes everyday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Connersville has over 1,100 students. Enough to have some pretty athletic kids. The whole county is primarily a bunch of factory workers and farmers. Some tough rugged kids in the upper Whitewater Valley. There really isn't any reason Connersville is not the equal of East Central or Franklin County..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PhilLee said:

Doing all of those guidelines, still isn't enough for some people.  Look to what just happened with the Indy 500 for example.  They had ALL of those plans in place and had agreements with the state and still got the rug pulled out from under them.  Because IU Health decided to throw some weight around at the very last minute. 

There are a lot of people, suddenly with a lot of power, who don't really like sports.  Don't like the attention they get.  Don't like the money they generate.  And using this virus is a way to bring sports down.  Which we are seeing happen right in front of our eyes everyday. 

Who are these people that don't like sports? 

Roger Penske doesn't back down from nobody lol. 

Nascar doesn't currently have fans going to races....Neither does F1.... IRL during their season hasn't... So you honestly thought theyd go with fans? Come on now, it was only a matter of time. 

Its too stinking dangerous. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

30 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

The answer is:

from_the_sidelines007

That's the main problem. 

If they would have legit shut down all 50 states from march to end of May then slowly went from 1 phase to another...people taking precautions we wouldn't be in this spot...but we as a nation didn't do that and states didn't close...and the fact people can't realize that is super sad. 

2 hours ago, SL816 said:

Serious question, why? What happens between now and March 1st that changes anything? If we all shelter until then, what have we changed? 

Maybe if sports were pushed back again (esp at the HS level) people would maybe start to take this serious and we could nip this thing till a vaccine comes. ..and go back to normal but the way a lot act..this could go on for a while.

Edited by TheStatGuy

47 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Calling someone a d bag on here is a pretty classless thing to do.  

It doesn't shock me one bit. 

I get it, i want to push back football to the spring and its a major inconvenience to a lot of covid deniers..  Them wanting football has nothing to do with the kids period. 

I was mad as hell when the regionals got messed with then cancelled and the NCAA tournament got cancelled but once my buddies gma died and a doctor friend of mine was telling me stories and thinking how covid would easily kill my mom. I changed my tune. 

Edited by TheStatGuy