Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Schools Pausing or Cancelled the Fall

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

The election, Durham Report, Flynn’s gag order removed.......

What’s the answer that no one want to hear?  To keep going?

Him or CW13

Politics has nothing to do with covid-19, politics has nothing to do with schools going to e-learning. You keep spewing right wing propaganda though. (If politics had something to do with it why have other countries had problems with it)

Its to shut it down. 

And no im not cheering that schools are shutting down... keep assuming. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I merged all the topics of each individual school into one location.   

Thanks Coach. Good luck this year...hope you go 8-1 in reg season 🙂

Edited by TheStatGuy

17 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Same here but im not sure they are willing too.. $$ talks. 

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

That's the main problem. 

If they would have legit shut down all 50 states from march to end of May then slowly went from 1 phase to another...people taking precautions we wouldn't be in this spot...but we as a nation didn't do that and states didn't close...and the fact people can't realize that is super sad. 

We would simply have delayed the inevitable. The virus isn't going away. Shutting everything down and sheltering in place isn't going to kill the virus. Herd immunity is the solution.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I am an optimistic person by nature, however, I have to be honest at this point I see no point in trying to have a season. If as little as a single positive test shuts down all sports (I saw where Ohio set the rule that all participants (players, coaches, officials) are to be tested within 72 hours of each game.  Any positive test cancels the game and appears to result in quarantine of all participants), what is the point?

Newsflash - there are going to be positive tests for the foreseeable future. Without a vaccine, COVID-19 will not be going anywhere. I just wish people could accept this and either decide to stop everything completely, or learn to live with it and continue on. The continuous starting - stopping - starting - stopping is absurd.

Even with a vaccine it's not going anywhere. Tuberculosis has been killing 1.5 million people a year with a vaccine. But no one is freaking out about it.

7 hours ago, Irishman said:

One option

Another option:

Why are the deaths reported by the CDC for influenza included with the statement "With things seemingly still rising as far as covid and the numbers being reported"?

Influenza deaths for children were 166. Covid-19 deaths for children were 30.

14 minutes ago, Howe said:

Why are the deaths reported by the CDC for influenza included with the statement "With things seemingly still rising as far as covid and the numbers being reported"?

Because fear sells.    Media wants clicks on their websites.     

18 minutes ago, Howe said:

There are so many unknowns.  It is new.  My physician isn't playing around with it, is yours?  My children's uncle has a confirmed case.  He's in quarantine.  His wife and children have been tested.  We're awaiting results/information.  Let's hope they fall into the undead category. 

Edited by Robert

7 hours ago, Howe said:

Connersville has over 1,100 students. Enough to have some pretty athletic kids. The whole county is primarily a bunch of factory workers and farmers. Some tough rugged kids in the upper Whitewater Valley. There really isn't any reason Connersville is not the equal of East Central or Franklin County..

Connersville used to be tough before Reagan and NAFTA. When Ford deserted the town for Mexico, the blue collar, hard working, tough union strong Democrat populace was decimated.

11 hours ago, Howe said:

I noticed you disappeared from the OOB when the administrators limited the number of down votes people can submit in a single day and abolished the reputation rating. That is your contribution to this forum. Submitting 30 down votes per day so the person you dislike reflects a negative reputation rating.

It is known.

12 hours ago, Howe said:

I noticed you disappeared from the OOB when the administrators limited the number of down votes people can submit in a single day and abolished the reputation rating. That is your contribution to this forum. Submitting 30 down votes per day so the person you dislike reflects a negative reputation rating.

1. I disappeared from the OOB when a place was created where I could discuss issues with adults.

2. The number of downvotes(and upvotes) has always been limited since it's inception.

3. The reputation rating has not been abolished.

4. I believe you would be hard pressed to find 30 downvotes TOTAL from me on your reputation ratings.

7 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Or potentially allows these kids to transfer and play their final seasons.

2 hours ago, Howe said:

OOB Question....your response has absolutely nothing to do with my post. I was showing Statguy where he could have posted the additional closings, delays, or other disruptions to programs instead of starting a new topic each time. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

That really is an ignorant statement. It completely depends on what the coaching responsibilities are. If a coach is a coordinator, he has been in close contact with every player on a given side of the ball. There simply is not enough info given to make such a ridiculous comment. 

See my other post regarding the standard health department questions in these situations.  Let's just say as long as the suggested protocols were being adhered to....two coaches being positive should have been the result of some sort of "out side of the program contact" and likely should not result in a complete program shutdown.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

OOB Question....your response has absolutely nothing to do with my post. I was showing Statguy where he could have posted the additional closings, delays, or other disruptions to programs instead of starting a new topic each time. 

For the record that is an outstanding suggestion.  That way that type of info can be viewed in one location.

Edited by Titan32

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Connersville used to be tough before Reagan and NAFTA. When Ford deserted the town for Mexico, the blue collar, hard working, tough union strong Democrat populace was decimated.

NAFTA =Clinton

2 hours ago, Graphic Context said:

Or potentially allows these kids to transfer and play their final seasons.

Just tossing this out there.  Hammond pauses, cancels, suspended all fall contact sports. 

Could the transfers begin?  If I’m a parent of those kids and they wan to, yep. 

Merrillville and Hobart (logistically speaking) could be getting SCARY GOOD. 

10 hours ago, Howe said:

We would simply have delayed the inevitable. The virus isn't going away. Shutting everything down and sheltering in place isn't going to kill the virus. Herd immunity is the solution.

That really worked out for Sweden. 

49 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Just tossing this out there.  Hammond pauses, cancels, suspended all fall contact sports. 

Could the transfers begin?  If I’m a parent of those kids and they wan to, yep. 

Merrillville and Hobart (logistically speaking) could be getting SCARY GOOD. 

Are those schools gonna sign off? 

I thought you hated transferring for athletic reasons?

57 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

NAFTA =Clinton

Bush 41 signed NAFTA  in 1992 and when into effect in 1994... Open a book why don't you?

Edited by TheStatGuy

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I believe you would be hard pressed to find 30 downvotes TOTAL from me on your reputation ratings.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have submitted 10 times that amount of down votes to my reputation rating. It's what you do.

• Disdain 1