Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fans in the Stands

Have to think though all of those events include people traveling from all over the country to attend those especially the 500. Keeping hope they’ll let fans in the stands at high school games. If you get approval from local health department you can have more than 250.

6 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

Have to think though all of those events include people traveling from all over the country to attend those especially the 500. Keeping hope they’ll let fans in the stands at high school games. If you get approval from local health department you can have more than 250.

Good luck on that lol. 

Signed, Adams County resident in very low impact area. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

The present guideline until Phase 5 in late August is 250.

My question is . . . 

Does that 250 include players, coaches, officials, and essential personnel (Press box and/or Scorer's Table)?

Just looking for clarification. Thanks!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I know that inside facilities have to include everyone involved players, coaches, admin, etc..in their count to 250.  I would assume that this would somehow apply to a football facility.  Wouldn't be nice if the IHSAA would come up with a plan for outdoor sports and fans?  Local officials are trying to get schools started safely and for them to have to also worry about athletics is wrong.  All the IHSAA has to worry about is sports and they won't make a ruling on anything.

On a related note, in terms of ranking sports in terms of their level of risk, do they also count the risk to fans?  I have to tell you that to me basketball seems like it should be rated a higher risk than football for both players and fans.  Yet for the sole reason of football being a "contact" sport it gets the higher risk ranking.  One sport is indoors...duh...and if you do it right you are breathing the "breath" of your opponent for extended periods of time.

42 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

On a related note, in terms of ranking sports in terms of their level of risk, do they also count the risk to fans?  I have to tell you that to me basketball seems like it should be rated a higher risk than football for both players and fans.  Yet for the sole reason of football being a "contact" sport it gets the higher risk ranking.  One sport is indoors...duh...and if you do it right you are breathing the "breath" of your opponent for extended periods of time.

Basketball is definitely a contact sport.

25 minutes ago, mykidssportsfan said:

Basketball is contact sport AND indoors, which could make it a higher risk. I can't even think that far ahead yet...going week by week with fall sports!

If they keep sports going and schools open. Basketball and wrestling won't be happening. 

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

If they keep sports going and schools open. Basketball and wrestling won't be happening. 

Yes they will. 
Man are you negative. 

Just now, DannEllenwood said:

Negative=realistic in your deranged world. No wonder. 

Pretty sure we live in the same world, other wise you wouldn't be able to speak to me. 

Sorry about being realistic, there are a lot that feel the same way I do. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure we live in the same world, other wise you wouldn't be able to speak to me. 

Will you sit next to me at the state championship games Thanksgiving weekend?  I’ll wear a mask.

• Like 1

And many more that don’t. 

13 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

We almost certainly cant have contact sports indoors until we have an answer for the virus.............Coaches, refs, fans are all at risk...

Its just this year's reality.......We havent had open schools in 5 months....we dont know what's about to hit us/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Will you sit next to me at the state championship games Thanksgiving weekend?  I’ll wear a mask.

I will. I’ll buy him a ring pop and juice

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

We almost certainly cant have contact sports indoors until we have an answer for the virus.............Coaches, refs, fans are all at risk...

Its just this year's reality.......We havent had open schools in 5 months....we dont know what's about to hit us/

Spot on.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly. 

Once schools that aren't doing E learning open up.. Covid will spread like wildfire..thus bringing football to an end and winter sports not even starting. 

31 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Exactly. 

Once schools that aren't doing E learning open up.. Covid will spread like wildfire..thus bringing football to an end and winter sports not even starting. 

A lot of schools opened up last week and this week. We will see if your speculation ends up being true.

https://fortwaynesnbc.com/2020/08/06/hs-fall-sports-limit-spectators-at-3-allen-county-districts/

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne's NBC) -- Three of the school districts in Allen County will limit the number of fans allowed in the stands for fall sports to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Fort Wayne Community Schools, Southwest Allen County Schools, and Northwest Allen County Schools drafted a fan plan for fall dual events like football, soccer, cheerleading, cross country, tennis, united flag, and volleyball.

FANS-IN-STANDS.png Plan drafted by FWCS, SACS, and NACS for fall sports fans.

The plan says from now through August 31, no fans will be allowed at sporting events and that only essential personnel will be admitted.

From September 1-13, assuming large gatherings are allowed, ticket allowances will be provided to each school based on the level of event, like JV or varsity, and will be restricted to up to four parents or guardians only. Those people will be expected to wear masks and social distance.

Beyond September 14 the plan is to be determined, but it says the goal is "to START the season and FINISH the season!"

Updates will be provided here and on air tonight at 5 and 6.