Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Non Covid Thread

1 minute ago, CheapSeats said:

Every topic turns into a Covid debate......NOT this one!! Lets talk about what you are looking forward to most when your team plays in two weeks on Friday night??

My oldest son possibly getting back into playing football after a two-year hiatus just coaching football and playing soccer.  He said tonight, since he didn't make the high school soccer squad, that the soccer coach suggested that he check out football and he was interested in maybe getting back in to playing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

My oldest son possibly getting back into playing football after a two-year hiatus just coaching football and playing soccer.  He said tonight, since he didn't make the high school soccer squad, that the soccer coach suggested that he check out football and he was interested in maybe getting back in to playing.

Good for you and good for your boy!

Best of luck to him in his return to football!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Thanks 1

There won’t be a game because the Hammond school board is selfish or smart. My background is in business so I don’t know which one it is.

this was supposed to be the last installment of whiting clark, a series that whiting has dominated in recent years. Was looking forward to this but won’t happen now.

• Kill me now 1

My youngest is a freshman so I look forward to the group I coached for 5 years play under the high school staff as a freshman squad.  I also look forward to our varsity season as well because we have added some high quality opponents.

I look forward to seeing if my son has progressed from last year. He's lost about 30 lbs from his playing weight last year. He's gone from 6'4/325 as an 8th grader to 6'6/265 this year as a Sophomore. I hope to see improvement in his speed and athleticism. He has lost the weight all on his own through diet, conditioning and lifting.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

Seeing how Knox looks with russ radtke and new staff.   

They should have a pretty dominating season. I'm interested to see if Radtke shoots for a tough opponent week 2 with Rochester being off their schedule. I see Chesterton is open 😅