Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Is your school checking temperatures?

Rensselaer has an APP with each sport to record the questions for each student and coach . 

We zap the foreheads before any workout in their PODS.   We are still lifting and conditioning in Pods throughout the day, and come together for our team/practice activity.   

30 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Rensselaer has an APP with each sport to record the questions for each student and coach . 

We zap the foreheads before any workout in their PODS.   We are still lifting and conditioning in Pods throughout the day, and come together for our team/practice activity.   

What app? 

29 minutes ago, Wink58 said:

What app? 

TikTok?

Serious question.....

Why can’t the parents take care of this?  Why would parent not cooperate with guidelines set by the schools?  

37 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

TikTok?

Serious question.....

Why can’t the parents take care of this?  Why would parent not cooperate with guidelines set by the schools?  

Cause some parents are too lazy or not at home when kids go to school... plus some are covid deniers such as yourself. 

31 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Cause some parents are too lazy or not at home when kids go to school... plus some are covid deniers such as yourself. 

It is not the government’s responsibility to raise my child, like you think it is. 

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

TikTok?

Serious question.....

Taking temperatures should be the parents responsibility.  This article in the Indy Star gives a view of how parents will check their kids.  Scary if these same parents use this way of sending their kids into my classroom.

Just now, Plymouthfan91 said:

Taking temperatures should be the parents responsibility.  This article in the Indy Star gives a view of how parents will check their kids.  Scary if these same parents use this way of sending their kids into my classroom.

Been doing it for years. 

it takes less than 5 minutes to check in our PODS.   

It is the responsibility of the school to ensure safe working conditions for coaches/teachers/players.and their is a way to safely do it in less than 5 minutes, so sign me up.  

Now, once school starts in person next week for me, to my knowledge there will not be temp checks at the door, and that is where the Parents will need to make sure they are involved to make wise sound decisions.  

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 11:06 AM, DannEllenwood said:

TikTok?

Serious question.....

For the varsity football team a large portion(majority) of the kids are driving themselves to practice hours after having any contact with their parents.  Should parents be leaving work to go check the temperature of their 16 yr olds?  It takes seconds per kid with a infrared thermometer so if teams really think it is worthwhile, doing it as kids arrive is the best method.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

For the varsity football team a large portion(majority) of the kids are driving themselves to practice hours after having any contact with their parents.  Should parents be leaving work to go check the temperature of their 16 yr olds?  It takes seconds per kid with a infrared thermometer so if teams really think it is worthwhile, doing it as kids arrive is the best method.

I get it Lemmy, I am just saying parents NEED TO be responsible.

I would have thought temps should be taken as you enter.  I go through that every day.  Not fool proof but how many kids may not realize they are running a fever or won't report it.

For safety sake there needs to be more then just parents

Our athletic trainer is on site every practice

The threshold is I believe 100.3

If a temperature is above that the player leaves and proper channels of protocol and conversations are had

I would like to think at least everyone on our staff who takes the temperatures understands that if a player is over that temperature threshold it is wise not to try to hide that and I would also gauge 100% of the coaches in the state of Indiana who are doing this would also feel the same

51 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

I would have thought temps should be taken as you enter.  I go through that every day.  Not fool proof but how many kids may not realize they are running a fever or won't report it.

For safety sake there needs to be more then just parents

Ehemmm. PARENTS

2 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Who is responsible for charting the temps.  Here it is the coaches.  They must present the AD with the data charts.

I gues to pretect from lawsuits.

Our Athletic Trainer does all coaches, players, managers, and anyone else that would come to practice.

• Like 1