• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA FANS GUIDELINES

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I would suspect:  Order of importance 

1.  PARENTS OF PLAYERS 

2.  STUDENT SECTIONS

3.  GENERAL PUBLIC 

I would imagine that our spouses would be cut 1st, my Mrs. will be thrilled, my daughter will be bummed. 

Just speculation 

I wonder about the student sections.  The idea of families sitting close is fine as long as they maintain social distance from other families.  But student sections have always been kids close to other kids.  

4 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I wonder about the student sections.  The idea of families sitting close is fine as long as they maintain social distance from other families.  But student sections have always been kids close to other kids.  

Right, P-fan

You cant have student sections..........They have to spread out .......if they want to come to the game.

37 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

One ad said it’s better not to have any fans to cutback on the overhead 

Overhead?

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Right, P-fan

You cant have student sections..........They have to spread out .......if they want to come to the game.

Be creative. 

5 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Be creative. 

Kids will do that. Challenge them to do something different.

Pass out seat cushions for kids to put between each other.

Make every night costume night

Have them dress up is astronaut space suits...or as AquaMan......or in full body hot dog outfits...so they're covered up and cant spread the virus...

Schedule the older boys and girls to have a 'Divorce Night'

...... where you sit as far away from your girlfriend as possible....  (too much?) 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Make every night costume night.......Have therm dress up as health care workers......with full (fake) medical outfits to protect themselves...

Have them dress up in astronaut space suits...or as AquaMan......or in full body hot dog outfits...so they're covered up and cant spread the virus...

...... where you sit as far away from your girlfriend as possible....  (too much?) 

33 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Overhead?

Be creative. 

Sorry forgot we have educators here not businessmen

Overhead refers to the ongoing business expenses not directly attributed to creating a product or service. It is important for budgeting purposes but also for determining how much a company must charge for its products or services to make a profit. In short, overhead is any expense incurred to support the business while not being directly related to a specific product or service.

the Chesterton ad said it would be pointless to hire concession security and ticket takers the overhead expenses when you limit the attendance

8 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Overhead refers to the ongoing business expenses not directly attributed to creating a product or service. It is important for budgeting purposes but also for determining how much a company must charge for its products or services to make a profit. In short, overhead is any expense incurred to support the business while not being directly related to a specific product or service.

the Chesterton ad said it would be pointless to hire concession security and ticket takers the overhead expenses when you limit the attendance

As an economics teacher, I take offense to that... 😉

Point is well taken though...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

As an economics teacher, I take offense to that... 😉

Point is well taken though...

Grrr I hated economics but let these ads know the law of supply and demand, they can increase the price of tickets because of the reduced supply

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Make every night costume night

Have them dress up is astronaut space suits...or as AquaMan......or in full body hot dog outfits...so they're covered up and cant spread the virus...

This. Is. Awesome. Thanks Mark. LOVE IT. 

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

I thought you were going the concession route. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

I know smaller school perspective here, but many of these folks you refer to are volunteers, for smaller events like Volleyall or basketball, different sports teams and their coaches are in charge of hosting the concession stand on various nights.   

I know our ticket takers at RCHS will get a "season pass" to all the sports events if they work X amount of games for the year.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Grrr I hated economics but let these ads know the law of supply and demand, they can increase the price of tickets because of the reduced supply

Your point is certainly valid in theory.  I could launch into a full lecture on the topic, but falling asleep while at your computer is probably not ideal.  Suffice it to say though that, from the other side, the increase in free livestreaming causes a hit to the traditional notion of supply and demand; i.e. if the price is too high I/we will simply livestream the event.  That's not even to discuss the ethics of the situation, but that's enough economics for now.

Can someone please confirm where in the IHSAA guidelines it says they have the right to dictate attendance. Also when did the IHSAA become a division of the health department of the state.  Maybe the IHSAA should provide the schools funding to make up the difference from their average attendance income if they are going to limit their attendance.

6 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I don't know, I'm trying to be optimistic, but I have my doubts.  I want a season, but cases spiked again this week.  I don't know what the answer is. season 14 crying GIF

The IHSAA isn't shutting anyone down over rudamentary case counts.  County by county decisions will be made between health departments and school corporations.  Some schools might not play....but a lot will.  Every school will have cases.

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

The IHSAA isn't shutting anyone down over rudamentary case counts.  County by county decisions will be made between health departments and school corporations.  Some schools might not play....but a lot will.  Every school will have cases.

We will see.  I don't trust the leadership of this state to hold course.