Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Elkhart County

4 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Just Seen where WSBT-TV  announced that ALL ELKHART COUNTY SCHOOLS WILL HAVE NO SPORTS UNTIL ATLEAST END OF SEPTEMBER!!   They will evaluate things on September 28th...   

Wait for South Bend Community schools to do it too.

Edited by TheStatGuy

29 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Wait for South Bend Community schools to do it too.

From what I understand, they eventually will.  Positive tests are 'up' up here.

Still time to move football to the spring.  It would be better than what we are stumbling towards right now. .  

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

From what I understand, they eventually will.  Positive tests are 'up' up here.

Still time to move football to the spring.  It would be better than what we are stumbling towards right now. .  

I wish they would but IHSAA is choosing $$. 

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Nope

No Elkhart schools. No Hammond schools..   South Bend is about to decide...

Better to have 100% in the spring rather than 75% (or less) in the fall with limited schedules..  IHSAA is going to have to be realistic..

There's still time.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

No Elkhart schools. No Hammond schools..   South Bend is about to decide...

Better to have 100% in the spring rather than 75% (or less) in the fall with limited schedules..  IHSAA is going to have to be realistic..

There's still time.

Sorry they're missing out. No need to make the rest of the State suffer because of a few.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Sorry they're missing out. No need to make the rest of the State suffer because of a few.

Moving football to the spring would not be suffering....  There's no downside

Having the season cancelled in mid-September due to a surge in virus cases would be suffering....

9 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I wish they would but IHSAA is choosing $$. 

I think the IHSAA is choosing to let their individual members decide what's best for them. As it should be.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I disagree. There are many, many downsides.

8 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Not surprised.   Expected them, lake county, and marion county to do this.    You can not shut out rest of state because of 3 counties.   Hopefully they look at the before 28th.  Would make more sense to do every 2 weeks.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I think the IHSAA is choosing to let their individual members decide what's best for them. As it should be.

While states like Illinois chose to make a public health decision for all their members....and let everyone play in the spring.

There's still time.

Edited by oldunclemark
spelling

There's still time.

This is true. There will still be time at any point between now and Spring also.

4 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

marion county to do this. 

Unless I've missed some news today, I don't think this will happen.

While states like Illinois chose to make a public health decision for all their members....and let everyone play in the spring.

It’s so stupid in whiting their is a street atchison ave East side whiting west side Hammond. So kids on one side of the street get to play football and gets across the street don’t (clark high school)

Hopefully more schools cancel so we can flip to spring to make fair for everyone.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There's still time.

The spring kids got screwed already.  You can't do it.  I disagree with their decision and feel bad for kids BUT YOU CAN NOT LET 20% OF TEAMS LET WHAT HAPPENS TO REST!!!!!!    

3 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

The spring kids got screwed already.  You can't do it.  I disagree with their decision and feel bad for kids BUT YOU CAN NOT LET 20% OF TEAMS LET WHAT HAPPENS TO REST!!!!!!    

The IHSAA most certainly CAN make a chance for 100%...........and everyone plays in the spring....spring sports and football.  Nobody gets screwed..

If Marion County cancels, what is that...27 schools.....?

You REALLY dont think the IHSAA moves the season to the spring if Marion County cant go?

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I disagree. The season would start after signing day. Any D1 kid would likely be told to skip the season, or work to get those kids on campus early. I am sure a few of those kids were actually planning to be on campus for the 2nd semester. There may even be FCS schools, and D2 schools doing the same; especially with many of them moving their seasons to the Spring already. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I disagree. The season would start after signing day. Any D1 kid would likely be told to skip the season, or work to get those kids on campus early. I am sure a few of those kids were actually planning to be on campus for the 2nd semester. There may even be FCS schools, and D2 schools doing the same; especially with many of them moving their seasons to the Spring already. 

No D-1 kid would be told by his college not to play his senior year...I-man........He would probably be redshirted.....

And we're talking about very few players. Not even 1%.......If they CHOSE not to play it would be their choice.  That's fair./

As of now, a lot of kids wont have the choice in 2020.

11 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Feeling more and more  like this season is going to be a no go!

I'm sad. Morton had an outstanding quarterback.. He is a senior.

Clark and Gavit (Hammond schools) are consolidating....in the summer of 2021

This is end of their school......and they cant play one last year.    Clark has played football since before WWII....and they cant play one final game?  One Last Dance? 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm sad. Morton had an outstanding quarterback.. He is a senior.

Clark and Gavit (Hammond schools) are consolidating....in the summer of 2021

This is end of their school......and they cant play one last year.    Clark has played football since before WWII....and they cant play one final game?  One Last Dance? 

Well it sad for those kids.  Same it was in basketball and baseball in march.  But because 3 or even 5 counties in indiana decide not to look at cdc numbers you can't take football away from rest.   At some point common sense has to take over and people stop watching CNN telling us we are all gonna die.     

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No D-1 kid would be told by his college not to play his senior year...I-man........He would probably be redshirted.....

And we're talking about very few players. Not even 1%.......If they CHOSE not to play it would be their choice.  That's fair./

As of now, a lot of kids wont have the choice in 2020.

In a perfect world, sure. But, if an offer has been made and the kid accepts(signs LOI), now the school has an investment; whether they redshirt or not. They have one less scholarship available for the year. In my 28 years now of coaching, I have no doubt many of those kids will be told to not play. Even if it is 1%, there is still an impact on the game or the team directly involved. In this area, St. Francis, NAIA is playing in the Spring, so that may take more kids out of the picture. 

Obviously, nothing is certain. I do believe the IHSAA is now all in on the season being this Fall, no matter what happens. We will not see an entire system shut down like we did in March with ALL schools statewide. Now, things could get bad enough to warrant that, but I cringe at the thought of how bad that would be.