Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Elkhart County

1 minute ago, Mayo77 said:

Well it sad for those kids.  Same it was in basketball and baseball in march.  But because 3 or even 5 counties in indiana decide not to look at cdc numbers you can't take football away from rest.   At some point common sense has to take over and people stop watching CNN telling us we are all gonna die.     

again..move it to the spring and nobody gets anything taken....That's common sense....  100% play instead of 75%

2 choices.....everybody or 3/4 of everybody

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

In a perfect world, sure. But, if an offer has been made and the kid accepts(signs LOI), now the school has an investment; whether they redshirt or not. They have one less scholarship available for the year. In my 28 years now of coaching, I have no doubt many of those kids will be told to not play. Even if it is 1%, there is still an impact on the game or the team directly involved. In this area, St. Francis, NAIA is playing in the Spring, so that may take more kids out of the picture. 

Obviously, nothing is certain. I do believe the IHSAA is now all in on the season being this Fall, no matter what happens. We will not see an entire system shut down like we did in March with ALL schools statewide. Now, things could get bad enough to warrant that, but I cringe at the thought of how bad that would be. 

I hear you about the 1%.........but I dont want a shutdown.  Then everybody loses

I agree with you about the IHSAA.    They do not hint that spring football is something they've ever thought about..

I want to be at Crown Point-Lowell on Aug. 21  (the traditional south Lake County opener up here....goes back 100 years)  but schools are postponing, delaying and cancelling up here..  Its discouraging.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I hear you about the 1%.........but I dont want a shutdown.  Then everybody loses

I agree with you about the IHSAA.    They do not hint that spring football is something they've ever thought about..

I want to be at Crown Point-Lowell on Aug. 21  (the traditional south Lake County opener up here....goes back 100 years)  but schools are postponing, delaying and cancelling up here..  Its discouraging.

I agree 100%. I pray we do not shut down. My confidence level is not as high as some here, but I hope we pull it off. 

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

I agree 100%. I pray we do not shut down. My confidence level is not as high as some here, but I hope we pull it off. 

I'm with you!  But all schools and counties must do what is best for them.  We are still a go but we have lost some games:  LaPorte is our scrimmage opponent hopefully they get going so we can play next week, Northridge on 9/11, Concord on 10/2, Goshen on 10/9 and Northwood on 10/16.  Hopefully we can still have the Goshen and Northwood games.  But I don't think we will be able to play the Northridge and Concord games.  

36 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Full pads and contact entire practice today for us! Are you ready for some football?!?!?!?!

LOVE THIS!

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Parents, kids, teachers, coaches be smart. Season ROLLS!

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

again..move it to the spring and nobody gets anything taken....That's common sense....  100% play instead of 75%

2 choices.....everybody or 3/4 of everybody

Think the most surprising thing is stat boy didn't get text from a friend to break this story.      

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Mayo77 said:

A county who refuses to look at facts.   

They have better data than you do. 

14 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Think the most surprising thing is stat boy didn't get text from a friend to break this story.      

Better than posting conspiracy theories the way you and de do. 

11 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Says the guy who was on twitter confused by Delaware county and Delaware the state.  But I forgot.   A friend text you about that.    What a joke.   

47 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

To be fair TheStatGuy did break this story on this website in the Suspend or Cancel thread about 15 minutes before this thread was started.

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

😂 

50 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

A county who refuses to look at facts.   

Blue......

49 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

All facts begin as theories stat guy

The Best is Yet to Come 

38 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Says the guy who was on twitter confused by Delaware county and Delaware the state.  But I forgot.   A friend text you about that.    What a joke.   

Lol