Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Scrimmages

Do any Linton fans know how the scrimmage went between Linton and Bosse yesterday?  It was scheduled to be played at 5:30 in Linton.  I didn't see that fans were not permitted or that it was cancelled.  Man I miss Terry.  Too bad he moved away.   Haven't seen Miner Pride on here in a while either.

9 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Random question... Did your officials wear masks & social distance at your scrimmage?

Memorial at Castle.  Officials wore masks. Both sides of fans did pretty well.  Some took their masks off but overall I’d say B+.

Today is Sunday and our manufacturing plant is scheduled for full production 7 days a week again. There were 800 - 900 union workers who refuse to wear masks or social distance yesterday. We have the same scenario today. It is like that every day. 

I think one or two officials at the LaVille at Prairie Heights scrimmage wore masks. Hard to see all of the officials through the feed I was watching.  Looked like fans were helping with physical distancing and masks the best they could.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

1 hour ago, Howe said:

Today is Sunday and our manufacturing plant is scheduled for full production 7 days a week again. There were 800 - 900 union workers who refuse to wear masks or social distance yesterday. We have the same scenario today. It is like that every day. 

Who did you scrimmage?

2 hours ago, Howe said:

Call OSHA, here in Nevada they go to every business checking making sure people are masked up.

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I heard at the HH-Jasper scrimmage all HH players were on a knee on the sideline (tradition so spectators can see); however, this year they were also spaced more than 1 meter/yard apart. Not sure that the Wildcats were as disciplined. 😞

I bet Kap is proud.

3 hours ago, Howe said:

Then you are a part of the problem.

• Disdain 1

19 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Random question... Did your officials wear masks & social distance at your scrimmage?

Just FYI, the current plan in the B1G was for the officials to wear gaiters. While the ball is dead, they can pull the gaiter down if appropriate social distancing can be maintained. But it must be up when the ball is alive.

Edited by Bobref

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Then you are a part of the problem.

The union supports their workforce. Perhaps the company should call the mayor of Indianapolis Boss Hogg and have him direct the police department to enforce the mandatory mask policy. Unions receive legal counsel from high powered lawyers.

2 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Call OSHA, here in Nevada they go to every business checking making sure people are masked up.

I'm confident the union legal counsel has advised the union of their rights prior to them supporting the workers refusal to wear masks or social distance.

14 hours ago, Howe said:

I'm confident the union legal counsel has advised the union of their rights prior to them supporting the workers refusal to wear masks or social distance.

Again you are a part of the problem.  That is why we are in the situation we are in.  The selfishness of some people are why we can't get a handle on this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Again you are a part of the problem.  That is why we are in the situation we are in.  The selfishness of some people are why we can't get a handle on this.

Please do not make posts personal when they needn't be. This is a warning. We have a forum where politics can be discussed widely, please use that and not this platform that is intended for sports talk. I know the issue is sensitive and linked, but in the end, we can't have posts being personal or aggressive. If you want to call me a Karen or a Nancy, come meet me in the parking lot behind the mosque near my apartment in northern Iraq. With transfers, you should be able to make it within 15 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

On 8/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, itiswhatitis said:

Do any Linton fans know how the scrimmage went between Linton and Bosse yesterday?  It was scheduled to be played at 5:30 in Linton.  I didn't see that fans were not permitted or that it was cancelled.  Man I miss Terry.  Too bad he moved away.   Haven't seen Miner Pride on here in a while either.

I am not a Linton fan and don't know how it went. If you want to watch video of the scrimmage go to https://www.ihsaatv.org/?fbclid=IwAR1HMC2_sNYsuhCYZFzr5DLYDeKJH-K4LBrYPxelKb0nvOsEMh2jE3UQyoM&B=189534

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Please do not make posts personal when they needn't be. This is a warning. We have a forum where politics can be discussed widely, please use that and not this platform that is intended for sports talk. I know the issue is sensitive and linked, but in the end, we can't have posts being personal or aggressive. If you want to call me a Karen or a Nancy, come meet me in the parking lot behind the mosque near my apartment in northern Iraq. With transfers, you should be able to make it within 15 hours.

All I know is that we under a state mask mandate and phase 4.5 still because people didn't listen to SCIENCE!  This isn't political in any way.  If we would've followed the SCIENCE and wore masks in public, kept social distancing, and didn't get together in large gatherings we wouldn't be having the cancellations we are seeing now.  I'm not calling anyone names I am just stating facts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

All I know is that we under a state mask mandate and phase 4.5 still because people didn't listen to SCIENCE!  This isn't political in any way.  If we would've followed the SCIENCE and wore masks in public, kept social distancing, and didn't get together in large gatherings we wouldn't be having the cancellations we are seeing now.  I'm not calling anyone names I am just stating facts.

Agree don’t know how mask wearing has political undertones 

• Like 1

Andrean and Valpo scrimmaged on Friday night. Valpo looked very good. Big up front on both sides of ball. Valpo looks ready to go. Running game looks like a strength.  TBD on passing game.

Andrean started off very slow but steadied as scrimmage went along. They have a lot of work still to do. QB play needs to improve fast. They have plenty of skill players and athletes. Both lines need to step up.

Andrean has Merrillville Friday. Andrean gets a good look at the two leaders in the DAC. Merrillville absolutely loaded with size and athletes. Valpo has size and athletes as well but not the same as Merrillville. Valpo has very good coaching! I don't see anyone beating these teams until they play each other. After that and barring injury and/or Covid19, both of these teams could be repping the North in Indy in 5A and 6A.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Just now, Whiting89 said:

Agree don’t know how mask wearing has political undertones 

LOL..  Masks, mail, red meat . . . what isn't political these days?  As to my own school, it was a little frustrating (and slightly embarrassing) to see that we had a few fans in the bleachers who took their masks off.  Wearing a mask really isn't that bad for a couple of hours.  If nothing else, it shows the players that the parents and fans respect their efforts (and that of the coaches) over the last 6 weeks to at least put us in the best position to be able to play on Friday nights.      

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Andrean and Valpo scrimmaged on Friday night. Valpo looked very good. Big up front on both sides of ball. Valpo looks ready to go. Running game looks like a strength.  TBD on passing game.

Andrean started off very slow but steadied as scrimmage went along. They have a lot of work still to do. QB play needs to improve fast. They have plenty of skill players and athletes. Both lines need to step up.

Andrean has Merrillville Friday. Andrean gets a good look at the two leaders in the DAC. Merrillville absolutely loaded with size and athletes. Valpo has size and athletes as well but not the same as Merrillville. Valpo has very good coaching! I don't see anyone beating these teams until they play each other. After that and barring injury and/or Covid19, both of these teams could be repping the North in Indy in 5A and 6A.

Was Grimes at QB any?