Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

#WeWantToPlay

OldschoolFB

College football players started a movement, behind Trevor Lawrence. It’s called #WeWantToPlay.  Indiana High School Football players should be ready to do the same.  
Almost as important as the above is now we all have the opportunity to show we want to have a season by promoting and supporting #WeWantToPlay.  We can all come together on this and apply pressure back against.  
Everyone who gets mad when some of us when we say you are cheering for the season to be cancelled, now is your chance to prove us wrong and get behind the CFB players.  The players have the leverage to get this done with our support.  We will see who really wants the season to happen. 
I am on record as saying I support the #WeWantToPlay movement 100%. I care for the kids and what they want.  And they want to play. 
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/trevor-lawrence-leads-college-football-players-in-speaking-out-to-save-2020-season-amid-coronavirus-concerns/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

College football players started a movement, behind Trevor Lawrence. It’s called #WeWantToPlay.  Indiana High School Football players should be ready to do the same.  
Almost as important as the above is now we all have the opportunity to show we want to have a season by promoting and supporting #WeWantToPlay.  We can all come together on this and apply pressure back against.  
Everyone who gets mad when some of us when we say you are cheering for the season to be cancelled, now is your chance to prove us wrong and get behind the CFB players.  The players have the leverage to get this done with our support.  We will see who really wants the season to happen. 
I am on record as saying I support the #WeWantToPlay movement 100%. I care for the kids and what they want.  And they want to play. 
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/trevor-lawrence-leads-college-football-players-in-speaking-out-to-save-2020-season-amid-coronavirus-concerns/

The only way I see this working is 1 of 2 ways.

A. 

They do a bubble 

Or

B

The non student athletes do online schooling at home while athletes don't. 

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

Also.

Nobody on here is openly cheering for the season to get cancelled... There are people on here like me that want the season moved to spring...because theres a zero chance we finish in the fall. 

The reason college football and high school will be shut down is because..

We don't have the will as a country to make the small sacrifices to make this pandemic go away, we just went over what 4 or 5 million cases?..until we learn to show the will or a vaccine. We won't have nice things.

That's not being negative, that's not wanting to cancel the season.. Its called reality. 

Yeah I’m just baffled nothing has changed actually things have gotten worst since March madness and the state basketball tourney were cancelled. Yet people are expecting cfb and hs football to start and finish a season?

what caused this mess greed and selfishness 

Europe lockdown 95 percent businesses closed while USA 50 percent then thrown in the selfish protests during a pandemic. 

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

We don't have the will as a country to make the small sacrifices to make this pandemic go away, we just went over what 4 or 5 million cases?..until we learn to show the will or a vaccine. We won't have nice things.

There is literally NOTHING we could have done or can do, to stop a virus from naturally spreading.  Lockdowns only prolong the agony, and create more serious issues short-term and long-term then they do fix anything.  Look at places like Australia and Japan and Isreal that supposedly did things "right" by locking everyone into their homes for months.  The virus doesn't go away when you are allowed to venture out.  It appears to be very seasonal and works its way through the population in given places, however it pleases and at a similar timeframe.  When its your time to have the virus, you have it and there is nothing you can do to stop that.  Masks or no masks make ZERO difference keeping the virus from doing what it naturally is going to do. 

The reason why college football and high school football and literally everything else gets shut down or never gets started in the first place is because we are being governed by fear and we have people making decisions who literally have no idea what they are doing. 

And waiting for and thinking a vaccine will make everything right is about as foolish as it gets. Although with as delusional many people are in this country now, giving them Flintstone vitamins and telling them this will help you, might be good enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilLee said:

There is literally NOTHING we could have done or can do, to stop a virus from naturally spreading.  Lockdowns only prolong the agony, and create more serious issues short-term and long-term then they do fix anything.  Look at places like Australia and Japan and Isreal that supposedly did things "right" by locking everyone into their homes for months.  The virus doesn't go away when you are allowed to venture out.  It appears to be very seasonal and works its way through the population in given places, however it pleases and at a similar timeframe.  When its your time to have the virus, you have it and there is nothing you can do to stop that.  Masks or no masks make ZERO difference keeping the virus from doing what it naturally is going to do. 

The reason why college football and high school football and literally everything else gets shut down or never gets started in the first place is because we are being governed by fear and we have people making decisions who literally have no idea what they are doing. 

And waiting for and thinking a vaccine will make everything right is about as foolish as it gets. Although with as delusional many people are in this country now, giving them Flintstone vitamins and telling them this will help you, might be good enough. 

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-how-japan-keeps-covid-19-under-control/a-52907069

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-australia-new-zealand-reopen-lockdown-3da28be5-1526-4790-a44a-a25c63dc0895.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/israel-returns-to-partial-lockdown-with-immediate-weekend-shutdown

Seems like Japan never really did a shut down. Austrailia did but it wasn't months...same with Israel. 

But you are exhibit A...the post you made is the type of people i was referring to. 

Its not "seasonal" when its been here for spring and summer.... thinking and waiting for a vaccine is as foolish as it gets? Okay, that's one of the reasons for the shut down...to stop the spread of a virus with no vaccine....lol

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Okay, that's one of the reasons for the shut down...to stop the spread of a virus with no vaccine....lol

I thought the main reason for a shutdown was to "flatten the curve." Knowing the virus was going to spread to nearly everyone at some point but to keep hospitals from being too full to handle the ones who would need help. Now hospitals are sitting below half capacity in our area and nurses with 20 years experience are being let go because the hospitals are going broke. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

The only way I see this working is 1 of 2 ways.

A. 

They do a bubble 

Or

B

The non student athletes do online schooling at home while athletes don't. 

So you are not for having a season?  You also might want to reword your post.  Student athletes are athletes.  Last point.  There is no. Red for a bubble.  202 deaths forages 15-24.   You don’t want a season and I think I know why.      .  #statguywasabenchwarmer. #statguyrevenge

• Disdain 1

10 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Also.

Nobody on here is openly cheering for the season to get cancelled... There are people on here like me that want the season moved to spring...because theres a zero chance we finish in the fall. 

That's not being negative, that's not wanting to cancel the season.. Its called reality. 

You are not living in reality.  We have plenty of will as a country.  Too many people with out any stones is the issue.  We are coming through to the end of the virus that lasted this long because we purposely spread it out to last longer.   Go look at the numbers yourself and if you are honest with yourself and use common sense, it’s as plain as day.   

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

What stat are you talking?  Incidence, hospitalization, death?  Because your first sentence was not accurate.

Your last sentence was not accurate either.  95% of businesses did not shut down in Europe.  Not even close.

You are correct.  Virus fans opening misrepresent the facts on a regular basis.  I’m not talking about slightly off here it there, I’m talking about saying things have gotten much worse.  That’s absolutely not true.  Cases and deaths  went up early, which is how a  Virus spread will work. They came down dramatically.  When we started testing more, the cases went up again, the deaths continued to fall and took a slight uptick and are falling again.  
Life will eventually get back to normal.  Likely in early November.  Since we know this, we may as well start now and let the kids play. 

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

What stat are you talking?  Incidence, hospitalization, death?  Because your first sentence was not accurate.

Your last sentence was not accurate either.  95% of businesses did not shut down in Europe.  Not even close.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/regions-covid-19-cases-climb-at-steady-rate-as-indiana-sees-lower-daily-increase/article_929457c7-0c4e-55c0-8741-6c03d49dce86.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

there is source one

also i stand corrected I think it was Italy that went 95 percent shut down 

Looks like the Pac-12 may join the Big 10 in suspending play until spring.

https://sports.yahoo.com/source-pac-12-cancels-fall-football-season-will-attempt-to-play-in-spring-195430277.html

FTA:

The Pac-12 has canceled the fall football season, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports. The league is scheduled to make the announcement formal on Tuesday afternoon, continuing a day of seismic news in the sport.

The decision comes soon after the Big Ten announced that it was canceling its fall football season in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Both leagues plan to attempt to play in the spring.

The Pac-12 decision was universally expected. The league has multiple teams that would have difficulty starting practice this week because of local government restrictions. The virus has been especially impactful in California and Arizona, which houses six of the 12 schools.