Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Madame Vice President

TheStatGuy

11 hours ago, Howe said:

I thought Kamala Harris would be the Democrats presidential candidate for 2020. She did not perform well at all in the Democrat primaries. She polled around 2%.

I wanted Tammy Duckworth but I get why he chose Harris. 

I don't think Biden will run for re election in 2024...so I see her being the nominee then..

We could possibly see Nikki Haley vs Kamala Harris. 

9 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

In the last two years:

Failed senate campaign.

Failed presidential campaign.

Makes sense he'd be your choice. 

He may have lost his Senate race but he helped a lot of down ballot democrats.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Death knell for her political career. Best case scenario for her aspirations is Biden loses.

I dont think so. I don't see Biden running for re election after his first term.. Shell have VP expierence which will help her in 2024. 

This is all a planned ploy by the DNC to get a woman as POTUS.  They know the political and social climate in the USA is still such that a woman probably cannot win a traditional presidential election.  So the next best thing is to get a women elected as VP with a President who is at an advanced age, has a history of medical problems,  and questions about this mental acuity. It would not be surprising to see Mr. Biden, if he is elected,  to retire within his first 4-6 months citing "stress and his age".  The leaves the door open for Ms. Harris to be sworn in as this nations's first female POTUS.  And a progressive, "law and order" type at that.

• Like 1

Kamala Harris Is a Cop Who Wants To Be (Vice) President

https://reason.com/2020/08/11/kamala-harris-is-a-cop-who-wants-to-be-vice-president/

The Democratic 2020 veepstakes are over, and Sen. Kamala Harris (D–Calif.) is the winner. Joe Biden announced Tuesday afternoon that he had picked Harris to be his running mate as he seeks to become the next president of the United States.

The good news is that it keeps Harris—who has a long and authoritarian history on criminal justice issues—far from the Department of Justice. There was some speculation that should Biden win, he would name Harris as attorney general. As American's top cop, Harris would have the potential to do much more damage than as vice president.

The bad news is that it puts Harris next in line for the presidency should anything happen to Biden and sets her up nicely for a future presidential run. In Harris, we would get a leader with President Donald Trump's penchant for unchecked executive power and modern Democrats' tendency to consider no issue outside the reach of government.

The pick is somewhat surprising. Rumor had it that Biden hadn't forgiven Harris' backhanded busing stunt during the Democratic candidate debates last summer, and that influential operatives were urging him not to choose her because of it.

In addition, Harris—who served as a district attorney in San Francisco and attorney general of California before becoming a senator in 2016—has a troubling history when it comes to law-and-order issues and is despised for it by many young left-of-center voters; she consistently chose to protect law enforcement prerogatives and to stonewall reform in California, beyond the minimum demands of her role as the state's top cop. That's a particular liability as Americans streets are still erupting with protests over police violence and calls for criminal justice reform.

For more details on Harris's past and a glimpse of why she'll be dangerous in the White House in any capacity, here's some of Reason's previous coverage:

19 minutes ago, swordfish said:

I wonder if she sees the irony of being chosen exclusively for skin color and gender?  (Insert defamatory Willie Brown reference here)

FWIW, she isn't "African American", she's "Jamaican Indian".....

Mother is 100% Indian

Father is 50% Black - 50% White

Kamala Harris Is No Moderate

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/kamala-harris-is-no-moderate/

Kamala Harris, they assure us, is a “moderate.”

A moderate what? Moderate compared to whom?

Senator Harris is a moderate autocrat. During the Democratic primary debates, she vowed to ban so-called assault weapons by executive order. When Joe Biden pointed out that the president has no such power and is obliged to follow the Constitution, she laughed in his face. As attorney general in California, she abused her investigatory and prosecutorial powers to harass conservative-leaning policy groups and was part of an alliance of Democratic attorneys general that tried to make a crime out of “climate denial,” effectively seeking to criminalize dissent by pretending that it amounts to securities fraud, of all things. She seeks to incarcerate the parents of truant children, and in California worked overtime to uphold unjust convictions obtained through official misconduct and the fabrication of evidence.

Senator Harris is a moderate anti-Catholic bigot. Together with Senator Mazie Hirono (D., Hawaii), Harris argued that Brian Buescher, currently on the U.S. District Court for Nebraska, was unfit to serve on the bench because he is a member of the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic social-service organization — “an all-male society comprised primarily of Catholic men,” as Harris and Hirono put it. Senator Harris demanded: “Were you aware that the Knights of Columbus opposed a woman’s right to choose when you joined the organization?” As though that were distinct from what the Catholic Church teaches at large.

Senator Harris is a moderate monopolist on health care, one who promises to abolish all existing health plans in favor of a single government-administered system. We are not sure what that is “moderate” in comparison to, inasmuch as it would create in the United States a statist system far more centralized and regimented than what is the case in Switzerland or Germany. We are squinting to see a definition of “moderate” in the American context that is “only slightly to the left of Norway.”

Senator Harris’s health-care moderation is complemented by her moderately fervent embrace of open borders. She favors providing federal health-care benefits to illegal immigrants, but that’s presumably on its way toward being a moderate position, too, since they wouldn’t be illegal if she had her way. That is because on immigration, she is a moderate in the sense that she endorses the decriminalization of unauthorized entry into the United States but would not actually load up a truck and make a coyote run herself.

Put another way: She would decriminalize unauthorized border crossing while criminalizing health insurance. This is a funny kind of moderation.

Senator Harris is a moderate ignoramus on the Constitution, proposing that the states be forced to obtain “pre-clearance” from the federal government before making changes to their abortion policies. Her moderate ignorance here is deployed in the service of her instinct toward moderate abortion fanaticism.

About all this, she has been, at best, moderately honest.

Her moderate honesty was very much on display during the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, making a despicable spectacle of herself and the Senate in her treatment of the tawdry — and, it is worth remembering, false — allegations against Kavanaugh. She insisted that Democrats’ losing that fight would “cloud the legitimacy of the Supreme Court.”

It is possible to exaggerate the legitimate concerns about Joe Biden’s age and health. But it is not unreasonable to understand, as many Democrats and Republicans both do, that a Biden presidency might very well evolve into a kind of regency in which the fragile-seeming and forgetful man who would be 82 years old at the end of his first term acts as a placeholder until a suitable replacement comes of age, as it were. The leading candidate for such a successor would be his vice president, in this case a self-serving and dishonest politico who was moderately corrupt as an attorney general, moderately abusive as a senator, and now moderately dangerous to the rule of law.

Americans should be moderately terrified.

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

I wonder if she sees the irony of being chosen exclusively for skin color and gender?  (Insert defamatory Willie Brown reference here)

FWIW, she isn't "African American", she's "Jamaican Indian".....

Oh - and in case I forgot to mention.....a bonafide descendant of slave owners....... 

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

Oh - and in case I forgot to mention.....a bonafide descendant of slave owners....... 

Was home for lunch turned on Fox, ticker at the bottom listed her as African/American- Indian/American.  Can't make this stuff up.

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

OK - Just had to get these out of my system......

117626855_10221660770221436_5313844717339869595_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=QVzC7buthMAAX9DzdRM&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=cc0d1f6ed20ee6060f5659211522fab7&oe=5F58DBE8

117436861_10164169725460137_1110883489829338149_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=eBk0-sJ-6ScAX-jk668&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=e95bdbef8342bcc9c5bb0bba4075fa2a&oe=5F59F1F3

117876038_3480695901949737_5321327283793492511_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Yim9QOh7Zi4AX8tbFqp&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=4d984d2fd33b4642965e642c3320a5e8&oe=5F5AD32B

Kamala Harris and Willie Brown were boyfriend and girlfriend at that time in 1994 and she was deputy DA of some county in CA. 

But yeah keep posting lies. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

So? I had relatives that owned slaves. Does that make me a bad person? No it doesn't . doesnt make her bad either. 

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

Kamala Harris and Willie Brown were boyfriend and girlfriend at that time in 1994 and she was deputy DA of some county in CA. 

But yeah keep posting lies. 

ROFL - Oh wait, he was MARRIED at the time and she was looking for a gig higher up the pecking order (so to speak)

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

So? I had relatives that owned slaves. Does that make me a bad person? No it doesn't . doesnt make her bad either. 

No, but your not running for the #2 political position in the country on the Democratic ticket.......I mean all of a sudden reparations to blacks are going to take a back seat now?

10 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Sure because in recent history VP has been a spring board to the Oval Office. Geez dude do you actually read the crap you post?

The last democrat vice president is about to be president.

The last Republican VP who ran for president won. 

You are saying?

• Thanks 1