Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Out of state Competition

Will the schools who are playing teams from out of state (Ohio, KY), will the teams be able to travel into Indiana to play?
Will any Indiana team be able to travel out of state?

Will Marion CO teams be able to leave the County to play with their own restrictions?

I see where the Trinity games with Carmel and Warren Central are off which made me me wonder

33 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Will the schools who are playing teams from out of state (Ohio, KY), will the teams be able to travel into Indiana to play?
Will any Indiana team be able to travel out of state?

Will Marion CO teams be able to leave the County to play with their own restrictions?

I see where the Trinity games with Carmel and Warren Central are off which made me me wonder

Jackson Mo. comes to Gibson Southern week 2.

10 hours ago, Indian72 said:

The key issue is if they can cross state lines to play.

I'm not aware of any limitations to cross state lines to play. I haven't been keeping track but a lot of states have canceled or postponed football so maybe Ohio and Kentucky are two of them. Or maybe those schools chose to not play any out of state teams. But there is nothing forcing them to cancel.

11 hours ago, Indian72 said:

The key issue is if they can cross state lines to play.

If you are in WI and travel to IN, can you pass thru the Rona gates of IL????

I was looking forward to the Joliet Catholic vs Chatard game, that would be interesting. 

6 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I was looking forward to the Joliet Catholic vs Chatard game, that would be interesting. 

It would have been.  Mt. Carmel is another great team in Illinois.

47 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Or you could go north into the UP if Michigan, East on US 2 to Mackinaw City, and south on I-75 or US 31...

30 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Or you could go north into the UP if Michigan, East on US 2 to Mackinaw City, and south on I-75 or US 31...

Hey, gas is cheap nowadays, maybe 13 hour drive that route?? . Or, you could take water taxi across Lake MeChicken. 

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

Illinois has postponed their fall sports until the Spring Season of 2021.  

I don’t remember the travel restrictions for Indiana but I know it’s just under 500 miles from where I live in Green Bay to Ft Branch,  IN.

I imagine it has to be close where a team from Terra Haute/Indy could play a team from Appleton/Madison/Oshkosh/Fond du Lac.  

I would seriously pay good money to see a Warren/Ben Davis/Carmel/Center Grove team face off against Kimberly. 

Probably will never happen though.  Not a fun drive between the toll ways or the completely empty stretch from Kankakee to terra haute.  It’s already an 8-10 hour drive from Green Bay to Evansville (a trip I’m making in 2 weeks) and I wouldn’t wish even half of that trip on a bus driver and team. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I don’t remember the travel restrictions for Indiana but I know it’s just under 500 miles from where I live in Green Bay to Ft Branch,  IN.

I imagine it has to be close where a team from Terra Haute/Indy could play a team from Appleton/Madison/Oshkosh/Fond du Lac.  

I would seriously pay good money to see a Warren/Ben Davis/Carmel/Center Grove team face off against Kimberly. 

Probably will never happen though.  Not a fun drive between the toll ways or the completely empty stretch from Kankakee to terra haute.  It’s already an 8-10 hour drive from Green Bay to Evansville (a trip I’m making in 2 weeks) and I wouldn’t wish even half of that trip on a bus driver and team. 

600 mile round trip from the border.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I don’t know how many times I’ve made the trip (Green Bay, Minocqua, Upper Peninsula), but it’s always worth it.  A good friend of mine is on the school board of Kiel High School, the 2019 state runner up for Division 4, which would be the same as 2A here.  I would love to see them take on Andrean, Rensselaer, or similar program here.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 4:35 AM, Gipper said:

No one that I know of, but they would match up with Chatard or Cathedral well.

That's a bit ambitious. Mount Carmel played in the now dissolved Big 8 as the only Illinois team for two decades (or so). They are a very good 2A team or a solid 3A team (think Southridge). Some years they have gone on state runs in Illinois but they play in a very small class in Illinois. Playing either Cathedral or Chatard would result in a blowout and possibly be dangerous. For a good midstate comparision I'd say they're similar to Indian Creek?

On 8/16/2020 at 3:28 AM, Gipper said:

I don’t know how many times I’ve made the trip (Green Bay, Minocqua, Upper Peninsula), but it’s always worth it.  A good friend of mine is on the school board of Kiel High School, the 2019 state runner up for Division 4, which would be the same as 2A here.  I would love to see them take on Andrean, Rensselaer, or similar program here.

Do away with Indiana's silly travel rule while we're at it. Just write "so long as the athletic competition doesn't interfere with scholastics anymore than our state tournament currently does..." How many regional and semistate and some regular season competitions force our student athletes to leave before school lets out on Friday. This is permitted because the IHSAA expects the school to require the student athletes to make up that missed class work. Make the same rule for inter-state play... put a limit on the number of interstate games per season, unless you have a border school that plays in a surrounding state's conference and isn't affected by the travel.

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

That's a bit ambitious. Mount Carmel played in the now dissolved Big 8 as the only Illinois team for two decades (or so). They are a very good 2A team or a solid 3A team (think Southridge). Some years they have gone on state runs in Illinois but they play in a very small class in Illinois. Playing either Cathedral or Chatard would result in a blowout and possibly be dangerous. For a good midstate comparision I'd say they're similar to Indian Creek?

I'm sure he is talking about Chicago Mt. Carmel, the Caravan. They are an 8a school and would definitely compete with the likes of Cathedral or Chatard.

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

There are 2 Mt Carmel’s in Illinois.  They are talking about the all boys Catholic private school in Chicago.

• Like 1