Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

List of canceled and newly scheduled games

Newly scheduled games (as of Oct. 15)

Oct. 16

• Crossroads Christian (Ill.) at Lake Station
  • East Chicago Central at Gary West (also play on 10/2)
  • Hammond at Hammond Clark (canceled but now back on)
  • Hammond Morton at Hammond Gavit (canceled but now back on)
  • Indianapolis Crispus Attucks at North Knox (first meeting)
  • Jay County at Benjamin Logan (Ohio) (first meeting)
  • Northwest HomeSchool at Lake Station (first meeting)
  • Southside HomeSchool at Edinburgh (met last year, but not scheduled to play in 2020)
  • Wes-Del at Fremont (first meeting)

Canceled games

Oct. 16

• Brownsburg at Hamilton Southeastern
  • Columbus Sycamore (Ohio) at Warren Central
  • Crown Point at Michigan City
  • East Chicago Central at Hammond
  • Edinburgh at Union (Dugger)
  • Franklin at Decatur Central
  • Fremont at Decatur (Mich.)
  • Hammond Gavit at Gary West
  • Indiana Deaf at Southside HomeSchool
  • Jay County at Heritage
  • Kankakee Valley at Highland
  • Mount Carmel (Ill.) at North Knox
  • Northwest HomeSchool at Lake Station
  • NorthWood at Plymouth
  • South Adams at Southern Wells
  • Riverton Parke at Covington
  • Wes-Del at Anderson Prep Academy

12 hours ago, Rudy said:

Newly scheduled games (as of Oct. 15)

Oct. 16

• Crossroads Christian (Ill.) at Lake Station
  • East Chicago Central at Gary West (also play on 10/2)
  • Hammond at Hammond Clark (canceled but now back on)
  • Hammond Morton at Hammond Gavit (canceled but now back on)
  • Indianapolis Crispus Attucks at North Knox (first meeting)
  • Jay County at Benjamin Logan (Ohio) (first meeting)
  • Northwest HomeSchool at Lake Station (first meeting)
  • Southside HomeSchool at Edinburgh (met last year, but not scheduled to play in 2020)
  • Wes-Del at Fremont (first meeting)

Canceled games

Oct. 16

• Brownsburg at Hamilton Southeastern
  • Columbus Sycamore (Ohio) at Warren Central
  • Crown Point at Michigan City
  • East Chicago Central at Hammond
  • Edinburgh at Union (Dugger)
  • Franklin at Decatur Central
  • Fremont at Decatur (Mich.)
  • Hammond Gavit at Gary West
  • Indiana Deaf at Southside HomeSchool
  • Jay County at Heritage
  • Kankakee Valley at Highland
  • Mount Carmel (Ill.) at North Knox
  • Northwest HomeSchool at Lake Station
  • NorthWood at Plymouth
  • South Adams at Southern Wells
  • Riverton Parke at Covington
  • Wes-Del at Anderson Prep Academy

Rudy-

Thank you for all of your hard work and I am NOT "shooting the messenger", but Lake Station is hosting 2 different schools tonight.  I wonder which school they are playing.

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Bloomington South cancelled tonight’s game with Chatard about 2 hours ago.

Just some added information on the situation at South that was reported to the Herald-Times. In addition to removing players because of the Covid issue, South also had numerous varsity players out with injury. There's a chance this could end their season as they may not be able to play in the sectional as players will be required to make up five practice days to be eligible for the sectional per the IHSAA. There is going to be a four week window where South has not played. Here is part of the H-T's article:

Due to a contact tracing report on Friday another 12 Panthers were taken out of action and South decided the amount of varsity players left available was too limited to continue on with the contest against Bishop Chatard. The game had been moved to Edgewood and its red turf after an electrical issue with the lights and scoreboard at Huff Memorial Field.

"Because it happened the day of the game, you're talking about throwing JV guys in there, we just didn't have time to adjust," South coach Gabe Johnson told WGCL radio. "Then it became a safety issue. It's really tough, but we didn't feel like (playing) was the right thing to do."

Here are the additional games that were canceled this week:

• East Chicago Central at Gary West
  • Greenwood at Whiteland
  • Indianapolis Chatard at Bloomington South
  • Jay County at Benjamin Logan (Ohio)
  • North Newton at Tri-County
  • Parke Heritage at Fountain Central
  • Salem at West Washington
  • South Newton at Frontier
  • South Vermillion at Attica

Hopefully we don't have any cancelations in the postseason, but if we do, I'll continue to track these.

For the final list of regular season games that were canceled and added, visit the complete list on AlmanacSports.com.

Thanks,
Dan "Rudy" Engler

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

After Hamilton Heights JV games at West Lafayette then at LCC we’re cancelled, HH JV now playing at Kokomo JV 6 pm tonight 10/19.

Was WL COVID-related too?  Harrison's freshman had their last two games cancelled although one was going to be against the Harrison JV because Kokomo cancelled ... I'm not sure if they fielded a freshman team this season ... and the second one was against McCutcheon who they had already played earlier in the season.

Many Hoosier conference teams skip JV game once the week turns as Sectional prep sometimes is better than long travel or otherwise

I know we are not playing Western's JV for a 2nd time, but instead picked up 20 min trip of North White JV that our Freshman/C team will play tonight 

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Was WL COVID-related too?

I don't know for sure. On either of the cancellations. They don't divulge the reasons, just inform parents that they are cancelled. On a side note, HH does have at least 1 Senior who plays JV, but several Sophomores who do not because they are Varsity starters. 

I just saw that Bedford NL is canceling the rest of their season over the COVID issue. New Albany will automatically advance. I haven't seen anything on Bloom. South as to whether they will continue the season or give it up.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, ptr said:

Just some added information on the situation at South that was reported to the Herald-Times. In addition to removing players because of the Covid issue, South also had numerous varsity players out with injury. There's a chance this could end their season as they may not be able to play in the sectional as players will be required to make up five practice days to be eligible for the sectional per the IHSAA. There is going to be a four week window where South has not played. Here is part of the H-T's article:

Due to a contact tracing report on Friday another 12 Panthers were taken out of action and South decided the amount of varsity players left available was too limited to continue on with the contest against Bishop Chatard. The game had been moved to Edgewood and its red turf after an electrical issue with the lights and scoreboard at Huff Memorial Field.

"Because it happened the day of the game, you're talking about throwing JV guys in there, we just didn't have time to adjust," South coach Gabe Johnson told WGCL radio. "Then it became a safety issue. It's really tough, but we didn't feel like (playing) was the right thing to do."

So if you are to be quarantined for 10-14 days, these same players are out for sectional? 

Just read Peru football out.

52 minutes ago, Dirty D said:

So if you are to be quarantined for 10-14 days, these same players are out for sectional? 

Just read Peru football out.

As I said in another thread, it is the contact tracing that is crippling many schools/teams, NOT the actual "+" cases.

21 minutes ago, DE said:

As I said in another thread, it is the contact tracing that is crippling many schools/teams, NOT the actual "+" cases.

I understand that, but contact tracing at our school puts you out for 14 days. My point is the IHSAA should have mandated what they wanted all schools to adhere to, but they like always took the easy way out. If those kids were out due to contact tracing 7 days ago, then how are they eligible 7 days later? School up North coach told me if his kids get it they are out 24 days.

3 minutes ago, Dirty D said:

I understand that, but contact tracing at our school puts you out for 14 days. My point is the IHSAA should have mandated what they wanted all schools to adhere to, but they like always took the easy way out. If those kids were out due to contact tracing 7 days ago, then how are they eligible 7 days later? School up North coach told me if his kids get it they are out 24 days.

Local schools local control. The IHSAA wants schools to make determinations for themselves, if you make a blanket rule, it opens up the issue of enforcement, which the IHSAA doesn't really have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dirty D said:

I would say, and this is just my perception, that the IHSAA is allowing local decisions (counties/schools/communities) to be made.

6 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Local schools local control. The IHSAA wants schools to make determinations for themselves, if you make a blanket rule, it opens up the issue of enforcement, which the IHSAA doesn't really have.

Well stated.  Thank you.

Here is the rub: 

IHSAA says if your school is ALL VIRTUAL:  No problem, practice play

If you have a PLAYER out with contract tracing:  CDC guidelines: 14 days, THEN, IHSAA treats it like any other injury and after you have missed X amount of practices, you must make up those before you can play.   So 14 days could be 21-24 days.   or 3 weeks of games missed.  

Canceled postseason games (as of 10/22)

Oct. 23
Covington* at Cloverdale
East Chicago Central* at Gary West
Fort Wayne Concordia at Peru*
Northfield at Southwood*
River Forest at Hammond Clark*
Rushville* at Scottsburg

Oct. 30
New Albany at Bedford North Lawrence*

* - had to withdraw from tournament due to COVID-19