Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

List of canceled and newly scheduled games

So I am hearing that the Southwood team now can play. My question, how is that fair to the team they told they were forfeiting. Whose to say that team did not take off a few days and not prepare, now the day before they have a game. Is that right? Sounds like a good strategy to me.

13 hours ago, DE said:

As I said in another thread, it is the contact tracing that is crippling many schools/teams, NOT the actual "+" cases.

Bingo.  This stupid "quarantining of close contact" lunacy is the only reason most of these teams have had to cancel games all year.  And can we get a % of the people who have come back with any sort of illness, after these quarantines?  I can give you the % at one large school...its 0%.  Of all the kids in the school they have quarantined for supposed "close contact"...none have gotten ill.  Its really a joke. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Bingo.  This stupid "quarantining of close contact" lunacy is the only reason most of these teams have had to cancel games all year.  And can we get a % of the people who have come back with any sort of illness, after these quarantines?  I can give you the % at one large school...its 0%.  Of all the kids in the school they have quarantined for supposed "close contact"...none have gotten ill.  Its really a joke. 

THIS!

17 hours ago, PhilLee said:

In the case of Bloomington South, that is exactly what is was--contact tracing. When you combined that a rash of injuries, it resulted in the cancelation of the game with Chatard. So far, their game next week at Castle in the sectional is still on.

23 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Traders Point Christians at Clinton Prairies in 1A another victim of the covids. Was just toad by a CP assistant. I swear to God I was

What did he tell you? Is Traders Point out or Clinton Prairie?

12 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

CP. TPC moves on 

If LCC wins this weekend, it'll setup a rematch of last year's sectional championship with TPC.

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Don’t know much about them but I know CP was looking forward to this game to build on for their young team 

TPC was pretty tough last season.  They only lost two games last season and they were to the two teams that battled it out in LOS last season for 1A.  The gave LCC all they could handle for a half and took a 10-9 into the locker room at half before succumbing 34-16 in the sectional championship.  They look like they are struggling this season ... then again, LCC's not slicing through the competition this season either.

17 minutes ago, foxbat said:

TPC was pretty tough last season.  They only lost two games last season and they were to the two teams that battled it out in LOS last season for 1A.  The gave LCC all they could handle for a half and took a 10-9 into the locker room at half before succumbing 34-16 in the sectional championship.  They look like they are struggling this season ... then again, LCC's not slicing through the competition this season either.

Hard to get a read on many teams this year. 

• Like 1

Canceled postseason games (as of 10/29)

Oct. 23 (Sectional First Round)

Covington* at Cloverdale
East Chicago Central* at Gary West
Fort Wayne Concordia at Peru*
Indianapolis Manual*** at Danville
Northfield at Southwood**
River Forest at Hammond Clark*
Rock Creek Academy* at North Central (Farmersburg)
Rushville* at Scottsburg

Oct. 30 (Sectional Semifinals)

Cloverdale* at Parke Heritage
Mitchell* at Providence
New Albany at Bedford North Lawrence*
Northeastern* at Heritage Christian
South Newton* at Winamac
Traders Point Christian at Clinton Prairie*

Nov. 6 (Sectional Championships)

TBD vs. Traders Point Christian* (this makes the LCC vs. Clinton Central semifinal game for the sectional title, with the winner getting a bye to the regional championship)

* - had to pull out due to COVID-19
** - had initially pulled out due to COVID-19 but was able to play the game after all
*** - had to forfeit due to not having enough players

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

seems odd TPC would withdraw now with the week off... need more imput !

Unless they ended up with a positive test within the team which would put just about everyone on the team under two-week quarantine. 

They might also be stretched on numbers too.  I recall last season, when they played LCC in the sectional championship, that they were thin on the sidelines ... I think they may have had 18 suited up for the game with a few on the sidelines injured in jerseys only.  For a team with those numbers, they were still pretty competitive.  MaxPreps shows their roster at 24 this season including 10 freshmen/sophomores, so they seem pretty young this season and may also be thin if injuries have hit them again ... they faced both Lapel and Lutheran earlier in the season.  I don't know, however, what their injury/illness situation looks like.

What happens once we get past tonight and a team withdraws because of quarantining? Does the remainder team automatically win a sectional/regional/semi-state/state championship? Does a team drag it's feet announcing it's situation hoping the opposing team does it first? Would it make the last team to declare itself out the automatic winner?

1 minute ago, JQWL said:

What happens once we get past tonight and a team withdraws because of quarantining? Does the remainder team automatically win a sectional/regional/semi-state/state championship? Does a team drag it's feet announcing it's situation hoping the opposing team does it first? Would it make the last team to declare itself out the automatic winner?

Let's just play the games we can. That's all we can ask for. 

2 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Does the remainder team automatically win a sectional/regional/semi-state/state championship?

Yes