Canceled postseason games (as of 10/29)

Oct. 23 (Sectional First Round)

Covington* at Cloverdale
East Chicago Central* at Gary West
Fort Wayne Concordia at Peru*
Indianapolis Manual*** at Danville
Northfield at Southwood**
River Forest at Hammond Clark*
Rock Creek Academy* at North Central (Farmersburg)
Rushville* at Scottsburg

Oct. 30 (Sectional Semifinals)

Cloverdale* at Parke Heritage
Mitchell* at Providence
New Albany at Bedford North Lawrence*
Northeastern* at Heritage Christian
South Newton* at Winamac
Traders Point Christian at Clinton Prairie*

Nov. 6 (Sectional Championships)

TBD vs. Traders Point Christian* (this makes the LCC vs. Clinton Central semifinal game for the sectional title, with the winner getting a bye to the regional championship)

* - had to pull out due to COVID-19
** - had initially pulled out due to COVID-19 but was able to play the game after all
*** - had to forfeit due to not having enough players

Cloverdale*** ----  has forfeited to Parke Heritage

Edited by NPCougarNation

Washington Forfeits the sectional championship  to Sullivan. Both teams were going to be playing for their first football sectional championship. This gives Sullivan their first sectional championship in football.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/11/04/class-3-a-sectional-30-title-game-canceled-washington-enters-quarantine/6166090002/

• Sad 1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, NPCougarNation said:

Cloverdale*** ----  has forfeited to Parke Heritage

Cloverdale had to withdraw to not having enough players, but it's because several were out from Covid, right? If that's the case, does that make it a no contest instead of a forfeit?

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Cloverdale had to withdraw to not having enough players, but it's because several were out from Covid, right? If that's the case, does that make it a no contest instead of a forfeit?

Wonder if they had this issue before they received a forfeit win. If covington waits a little longer to announce they may be playing this weekend

I figured this is the best place to put this.   Back to virtually another lockdown:   https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/11/11/coronavirus-indiana-holcomb-announces-restrictions-amid-surge/6251537002/

After Indiana reported yet another record for daily coronavirus cases, Gov. Eric Holcomb announced new restrictions for counties that reach a certain level of spread. 

The state posts a metric maps online that designates each county as either blue, yellow, orange or red, with red counties showing the most spread. Holcomb said beginning this weekend, orange counties will be limited to social gatherings of 50 people or fewer. Red counties will be limited to gatherings of 25 people or fewer. 

Most of the state's counties are designated orange, including Marion County. Nine counties are red.

All Hoosiers remain under a mask mandate. Holcomb said $20 million will be made available to counties enforcing mask mandates, social distancing guidelines and other orders. The Indiana Department of Homeland Security and the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission will continue to check businesses for occupancy, Holcomb said. 

The state reported a record 5,156 new cases Wednesday, the second time the daily total has passed 5,000. There were also 31 new deaths reported. 

Indiana has reported a total 224,374 coronavirus cases and 4,512 deaths as of Wednesday. The latest seven-day average positivity rate sits at 10.3%. 

Just over 26% of the state's intensive care unit beds and 77% of ventilators are available. 

8 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I figured this is the best place to put this.   Back to virtually another lockdown:   https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/11/11/coronavirus-indiana-holcomb-announces-restrictions-amid-surge/6251537002/

Its NOT another lockdown.  Its basically a whole lot of nothing.  There wasn't much difference between Stage 4 and Stage 4.5 (which we were stuck in for weeks) and Stage 5.  Its just bogus crap, that doesn't mean anything. 

11 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Its NOT another lockdown.  Its basically a whole lot of nothing.  There wasn't much difference between Stage 4 and Stage 4.5 (which we were stuck in for weeks) and Stage 5.  Its just bogus crap, that doesn't mean anything. 

I believe this a huge difference.

Holcomb said beginning this weekend, orange counties will be limited to social gatherings of 50 people or fewer. Red counties will be limited to gatherings of 25 people or fewer. 

1 minute ago, Dirty D said:

Holcomb said beginning this weekend, orange counties will be limited to social gatherings of 50 people or fewer. Red counties will be limited to gatherings of 25 people or fewer. 

Except for Churches.   Because they are special.

36 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Except for Churches.   Because they are special.

Marion County just announced multiple restrictions. Part of that is restrictions on church service attendance. Bars, restaurants, are going to suffer once again. The ISHAA will be lucky to be able to hold the state finals in LOS at the rate this is going.

1 hour ago, Dirty D said:

Assuming this is true, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. If the state finals are held in a giant venue like LOS, they should not be limited to the same amount of people as a whole in the wall bar. Why would it not be based off a percentage of the venue's capacity? It should be this way across the board.

Not trying to make it political, I feel I'm talking about something that is football related. 

5 minutes ago, vicvinegar said:

Assuming this is true, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. If the state finals are held in a giant venue like LOS, they should not be limited to the same amount of people as a whole in the wall bar. Why would it not be based off a percentage of the venue's capacity? It should be this way across the board.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/11/12/coronavirus-indianapolis-here-new-coronavirus-restrictions/6265513002/

FTA:

Live entertainment, cultural venues and events 

Cultural venues, music venues and museums are reduced to 25% capacity. All non-essential hospitality and entertainment businesses must close at midnight.

Special or seasonal events, like concerts, festivals, wedding receptions and sporting events, are limited to 25% capacity. Those events may include more than 50 people only if the event has a safety plan approved by the county health department.

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/11/12/coronavirus-indianapolis-here-new-coronavirus-restrictions/6265513002/

FTA:

Cultural venues, music venues and museums are reduced to 25% capacity. All non-essential hospitality and entertainment businesses must close at midnight.

Special or seasonal events, like concerts, festivals, wedding receptions and sporting events, are limited to 25% capacity. Those events may include more than 50 people only if the event has a safety plan approved by the county health department.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

FTA:

People are either really good at not reading, or really good at trolling and forcing panic. State does not seem to be in much jeopardy, the restrictions seem to be the same that they’ve been anyway for this event. Plus, Marion county is already working with Los to have state with some fans. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, dazed and confused said:

Rudy mite know.... this link may help   http://www.almanacsports.com/article.php?news_id=2020081201

Here's what my data shows:

Week by week
Week 1: net -34 games (lost 50, gained 16)
Week 2: net -25 games (lost 49, gained 24)
Week 3: net -17 games (lost 30, gained 13)
Week 4: net -11 games (lost 24, gained 13)
Week 5: net -13 games (lost 19, gained 6)
Week 6: net -14 games (lost 22, gained 😎
Week 7: net -8 games (lost 22, gained 14)
Week 8: net -14 games (lost 26, gained 12)
Week 9: net -20 games (lost 26, gained 6)
Sectional 1R: net -8 games (lost 8, gained 0)
Sectional SF: net -7 games (lost 7, gained 0)
Sectional CH: net -3 games (lost 3, gained 0)
Regional CH: net 0 games (lost 0, gained 0)
Total: net -174 games (lost 286; gained 112)

Edited by Rudy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Week by week

Thanks @Rudy.  Really appreciate the time and effort this season that you put in keeping GID up to date on the very fluid situations.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rudy said:

Week by week

I know Washington was one of the 3 who conceded the sectional championship.  Who were the other 2?

On 11/17/2020 at 1:47 PM, CoachHag said:

I know Washington was one of the 3 who conceded the sectional championship.  Who were the other 2?

Other two teams that had to withdraw were Traders Point Christian & McCutcheon. 

Lafayette Central Catholic and Zionsville advanced, respectively. 

• Thanks 1

With State Finals in 3 day, I want to publically thank @Rudy for his constant work during this crazy fall and will now unpin this thread 

Rudy, hope you are ok, that looked like a nasty fall Sunday..... can't believe you were in the way like that.... a veteran like yourself should of known better !!!   :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

With State Finals in 3 day, I want to publically thank @Rudy for his constant work during this crazy fall and will now unpin this thread 

Rudy, hope you are ok, that looked like a nasty fall Sunday..... can't believe you were in the way like that.... a veteran like yourself should of known better !!!   :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Did he take a "bump" at Survivor Series?

12 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Thanks. I'll recover but the mental scars will always be there 😁

• Haha 1