Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

These guys don't mess around on the recruiting trail, that is for sure. It is quite impressive. Tiller had one really good class, but this staff is already about to have two better than it in a row. It's going to be fun to watch the product on the field in the coming years. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

These guys don't mess around on the recruiting trail, that is for sure. It is quite impressive. Tiller had one really good class, but this staff is already about to have two better than it in a row. It's going to be fun to watch the product on the field in the coming years. 

you better believe it!!!  Start looking for airbnbs in Pasadena...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Kick off tonight in Nevada:   CBS SPORTS NETWORK    thank god I have that channel for the bus ride home tonight 

Purdue has way too much firepower, especially at receiver.  As for Nevada's QB--new guy.  Boilers pull away late, 48-21...

Well, if that’s not a stereotypical “Purdue loss,” I don’t know what. It’s year 3 and the honeymoon is over. Brohm is making too much cash to be blowing 31-14 lead midway through the 2nd half. I would not be surprised if Sindelar eventually loses QB1 to one of the younger guys. He’s a complete liability. I would expect a 1st year starter to throw that ridiculous pick with 1 minute left. 

6 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Well, if that’s not a stereotypical “Purdue loss,” I don’t know what. It’s year 3 and the honeymoon is over. Brohm is making too much cash to be blowing 31-14 lead midway through the 2nd half. I would not be surprised if Sindelar eventually loses QB1 to one of the younger guys. He’s a complete liability. I would expect a 1st year starter to throw that ridiculous pick with 1 minute left. 

If we would have protected the ball, the outcome would have been much different.

8 hours ago, Boilernation said:

If we would have protected the ball, the outcome would have been much different.

The ending was not so great, but the first half was, so Brohm needs to build on that. As I’ve said before, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Lots to clean up:    

I am not stressing   

Understand why the negativity, tough loss, no doubt.    Not worse than Eastern Michigan loss last year in my opinion   

Me neither--could have been the altitude, could have been the D giving in (which can be ultimately attributed the altitude), and the turnovers didn't help.   But FWIW, it's not a one-game season...

23 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Good bounce back home opener win.   David Bell showed up big, Rondale doing Rondale things and Hopkins working the middle.  Holt back on sideline, all was well in land of Boilers

I’ve watched more Purdue games this year than I have ever watched because of Rondale along with Karlaftis and bell. 

Karlaftis is probably going to be a top 10 nfl pick.  And I don’t think that’s up for debate really. He is arguably already a top 20 DE/EDGE and he has so much room to grow still along with a few more years before he would be eligible.  If it wasn’t for the holds these tackles are putting on GK3 he would have 5 sacks easy by now.

Bell has looked great so far even in the shadow of Moore.  Works as almost a nice safety valve. He’s going to have an impressive freshman season.

this team is a lot of fun to watch and will give the B10 a run for its money I think.  They are also building a nice recruiting game.  They had this young gunslinger on a visit today....and what better of a day to have a QB on visit than one where Purdue throws the ball over 50 times and for over 500 yards on 5 TDs haha

520A3961-BF7F-4C9B-B63B-F018DA06DB32.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Getting juiced for TCU night game I will be attending 

See ya there!  I'll be the one wearing a Purdue t-shirt...

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:33 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Good bounce back home opener win.   David Bell showed up big, Rondale doing Rondale things and Hopkins working the middle.  Holt back on sideline, all was well in land of Boilers

Run.  The.  Ball.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Getting juiced for TCU night game I will be attending 

I have a buddy who is a big TCU fan and he mentioned just today that apparently a lot of other programs follow TCU closely due to the fact that they play in the B12 and face high octane offenses all year. He was arguing that TCU often gives a good indication on how to stop some of the better teams even though they in general lack the talent to get the job done themselves. 

19 hours ago, Gipper said:

Run.  The.  Ball.

1)  With who? 

2) Isn't the goal to score points? 

3) PU best players are WR and QB

4) OL best asset is PASS PRO not RUN BLOCKING 

17 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I have a buddy who is a big TCU fan and he mentioned just today that apparently a lot of other programs follow TCU closely due to the fact that they play in the B12 and face high octane offenses all year. He was arguing that TCU often gives a good indication on how to stop some of the better teams even though they in general lack the talent to get the job done themselves. 

no doubt they are used to the Air Raid passing attack playing in B12