Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

22 hours ago, Gipper said:

I’ll be at the Wisconsin game.  Looks like me against 87,000 red wearing drunks jumping around...

Good luck! I've heard that's not a friendly place to be!

9 hours ago, Gipper said:

I still am holding out hope Sindelar can play against Wisconsin and IU.

Brohm said in his presser this week he does not expect Sindelar back this year. He didn't rule it out, but said he didn't expect it. I would think it would be nice to have, but given his injury history, would he even hold up? 

46 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Good luck! I've heard that's not a friendly place to be!

Brohm said in his presser this week he does not expect Sindelar back this year. He didn't rule it out, but said he didn't expect it. I would think it would be nice to have, but given his injury history, would he even hold up? 

I don’t think it will be as hostile as it would be against Michigan and Minnesota.

27 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I look forward to it.  A lot of my friends are Badger fans and I’m sure I’ll be in the thick of it.

I’ve been to enemy stadiums a lot before.  Heck, I even walk don’t the streets of Chicago in Packers gear.  But the latter is an easy one: “1985 was a long time ago”, “what’s Mitch’s QBR”

Edited by Gipper
  • Haha 1

my brother went to school at Carroll College in Waukesha and coached HS football in Wisconsin at a few stops.   He was able to get 2 free tickets to any game, so I was able to enjoy Madtown USA for the Ben Jones game winning FG during the Orton days.   We ruined their homecoming.    HOWEVER, the tailgators and folks couldn't been better man.   I told my brother, If I knew this place was here in HS it would of been ova!!!!  

Be prepared for the 2 student sections.    EAT POOP vs FUDGE U  

and of course Jump around 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coach Holt has been relieved of his duties of Defensive Cordinators

Around the Purdue water cooler, lots of issues with landing recruits and Coach Brohm and him disconnect on how he wants his defense ran, Coach Brohm wants more aggressive style all over the field, but that was the case a many key moments this year, ESPECIALLY on 3rd down.   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Around the Purdue water cooler, lots of issues with landing recruits and Coach Brohm and him disconnect on how he wants his defense ran, Coach Brohm wants more aggressive style all over the field, but that was the case a many key moments this year, ESPECIALLY on 3rd down.   

I would love to see Purdue field a FAST aggressive defense based on getting turnovers and giving the offense as many chances as possible to score, similar to what the Colts had in the 2000s with Manning and Co on offense. Freeney and Mathis were absolute turnover causing machines back then. I think that with more aggressive play calling Big George will put up BIG sack numbers in the future.

Edited by AG
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AG said:

I would love to see Purdue field a FAST aggressive defense based on getting turnovers and giving the offense as many chances as possible to score, similar to what the Colts had in the 2000s with Manning and Co on offense. Freeney and Mathis were absolute turnover causing machines back then. I think that with more aggressive play calling Big George will put up BIG sack numbers in the future.

"Defense wins championships" is the most outdated idiom in football at the college and pro levels these days.  Have a semi-elite offense and a defense with a pulse and you should win 8-9 (college) 10-11 games (pro) minimum in this era.

Look at the four teams in the CFP.

Look at the top of the NFL standings.

Records/numbers don't lie

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I have mixed emotions on the whole thing because I enjoyed Holt's passion. However, I often found myself frustrated by what you are saying seemed to be Coach Brohm's issues. Far too often, they gave up big plays by alignment. It seemed like such a simple thing to fix, but it rarely was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

I have mixed emotions on the whole thing because I enjoyed Holt's passion. However, I often found myself frustrated by what you are saying seemed to be Coach Brohm's issues. Far too often, they gave up big plays by alignment. It seemed like such a simple thing to fix, but it rarely was. 

BINGO!!!  

Most damning was OT vs IU  3rd and 11 and looked like corner was in Cover 3 Tech, IU WR just ran to the front pylon, stopped, waited, and ball came,  CB  was 8 yards deep in the EZ, had no chance to plant and explode to the WR.   One of many of those awful 3rd down executions where some sort of lapse happened in either scheme or communication.  

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

"Defense wins championships" is the most outdated idiom in football at the college and pro levels these days.  Have a semi-elite offense and a defense with a pulse and you should win 8-9 (college) 10-11 games (pro) minimum in this era.

Look at the four teams in the CFP.

Look at the top of the NFL standings.

Records/numbers don't lie

I disagree. 

"Look at the four teams in the CFP."  Clemson, Ohio State have the #1 and #2 ranked defense 

"Look at the top of the NFL standings"  Dallas has the best offense in the league and sitting at 6-7. 

New England has the best defense and the 15th best offense. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I disagree. 

"Look at the four teams in the CFP."  Clemson, Ohio State have the #1 and #2 ranked defense 

"Look at the top of the NFL standings"  Dallas has the best offense in the league and sitting at 6-7. 

New England has the best defense and the 15th best offense. 

So what you are saying is that NUMBERS do lie!!!  

• Haha 1