Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

• 3 weeks later...

247 Ranks the Boilers 7th in the BIG.  However, this class averages a full point per man better than Maryland who's composite is just one point higher with an extra six men in their class.  I would consider Purdue top six in the BIG.  Three consecutive classes top half of the BIG and Top 35 in the country.  Time for some better QB play and some wins!  BOILER UP!

• 4 months later...

Nice Flip for Purdue:   Not sure if he sticks at QB, but sounds like they will give him every opportunity    I wonder if that means McCulley is known to be announcing somewhere soon that is not Purdue.   Either way, always nice to flip a 4 star from another B10 Team 

https://www.si.com/college/purdue/recruiting/naperville-qb-sam-jackson-commits-purdue

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Naperville (Ill.) Central quarterback Sam Jackson's on-again and off-again flirtation with Minnesota is off again, and it's Purdue that is the benefactor.

The four-star athlete decommitted a second time from Minnesota on Wednesday night and announced he was committing to Jeff Brohm and Purdue. The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder, ranked as the No. 6 overall recruit in the state of Illinois by the 247Sports Composite, is expected to play quarterback at Purdue. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Nice Flip for Purdue:   Not sure if he sticks at QB, but sounds like they will give him every opportunity    I wonder if that means McCulley is known to be announcing somewhere soon that is not Purdue.   Either way, always nice to flip a 4 star from another B10 Team 

https://www.si.com/college/purdue/recruiting/naperville-qb-sam-jackson-commits-purdue

Another QB--never a bad thing to have.  I just hope he stays committed and signs.

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

And DJ Johnson coming back to Indiana, should be granted the NCAA waiver and have 3 years left, played at North Central under Coach Oshea 

A DB the Boilers will need.  I can't to see Diaco's schemes.

I’m not sure if it’s already been talked about here as I don’t come to this thread too much and don’t want to search through it (sorry)....

but David bell might just be the best WR in terms of contested catching that I have seen.  I was just looking at some Moore film for fantasy football purposes and then switched to bell and tbh....I think bell is a better WR. The guy can just catch anything thrown his way no matter how hard the catch is. 

https://youtu.be/FiSApKD82WA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m not sure if it’s already been talked about here as I don’t come to this thread too much and don’t want to search through it (sorry)....

but David bell might just be the best WR in terms of contested catching that I have seen.  I was just looking at some Moore film for fantasy football purposes and then switched to bell and tbh....I think bell is a better WR. The guy can just catch anything thrown his way no matter how hard the catch is. 

I’m glad to have both of them...

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If they can protect the QB then you should see some serious offensive output as defenses are going to have to deal with either Bell or Moore 1 on 1   or if you quarter one side of the field and man up the other, then you are going to have 1 on 1 with some other dudes who can flat out play as well as Gipper mentioned   

Gotta protect the QB!!   #1 on my concern list for Boilermakers in 2020, followed by LB play as #2.  

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

better come ready to play for the Boilers:

New schedule released:   

At Michigan 

At Iowa 

Home Ohio State to start 

First half of the schedule is absolutely brutal. The second half eases up considerably. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Say what you want ...  that was brutal and beyond acceptable.  @Bobrefcannot even defend that one 

2 nights this week I record a game and stay up late just to go to bed angry. What a freaking crap show. 4 initial grievances:

1. worst offensive PI I’ve ever seen

2. Purdue DBs were basically giving up Hail Mary receptions on key 3rd downs all game. Do they know they’re allowed to turn around and play the ball?

3. 2 missed FG’s, one of which right after a Moore TD catch was reversed. Though that appeared to be a legit call. Speaking of Moore, wow, is he good. Too bad the defense ruined a great offensive performance. 

4. I can’t stand Fleck and his Row The Boat crap. I don’t enjoy losing to that Terd.

That was the epitome of a Purdue loss. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 2