Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

The official in question, Matt Kukar, is from St. Paul, MN and made another phantom call in a Minnesota game in 2018.

This isn’t right.  What happened to fair play?

The guy made a bad call. Nothing more than that. You’re being ridiculous.

• Disdain 1

13 minutes ago, Gipper said:

With that, if I want to be displeased with something, I will be.  I don’t need your sanctimonious opinion.  

I was merely pointing out fact, yet you had to go there.

You do need it. You just don’t realize it.

And if I want to be offended — and express it — by the ridiculous implication in your post, I will.

Edited by Bobref

• 2 weeks later...

Bugaboo has been not winning close games

That is the narrative so far in the Brohm era.   Very close.... I forget the stat, but something silly loss rate of 1 touchdown or less.    frustrating. 

Each week, B10 OL's just Bully the front of Purdue.  no surgar coating it.  Then the offense for whatever reason couldn't find its grove against RUTGERS.....  

so disappointing 

Not giving up..... not calling for a change..   need to find a way 

• Like 1

Brohm is in over his head I’m afraid (although I’m not mad about it). Looks completely lost on the sidelines, play calling is inept, and defense and special teams are new levels of embarrassment every week. 

Brohm is going to get at least two more years regardless of what happens because Purdue can ill-afford to buyout his contract that he basically swindled the athletic department with. Very good chance Purdue finishes last place the next two years in the B10.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Brohm is in over his head I’m afraid (although I’m not mad about it). Looks completely lost on the sidelines, play calling is inept, and defense and special teams are new levels of embarrassment every week. 

Brohm is going to get at least two more years regardless of what happens because Purdue can ill-afford to buyout his contract that he basically swindled the athletic department with. Very good chance Purdue finishes last place the next two years in the B10.

Are you sure about this? I’m not buying it. 

I do not believe he is in over his head

I do believe his teams have shown lack of discipline, mostly on Defense in key moments in his tenrue which has cost them in close games. 

The issue seems to be winning close games, making plays when plays need to be made CONSISTENTLY

No doubt the OL/DL is still very much an issue, I am starting to wonder if Plummer can play in the midwest, saw too many balls left short in a December game.   

You are right, He is not on a "hot seat" however, Wins is what its about, and at the end of the day, WINS have not consistently been had last 2 years.  

• Like 1

But also , you have to know the Shelf was bare , of recruits , when Brohm took the job.  He had some left over Talent to work with but Nobody had the Boilers on their short list to play for. Previous coach couldn’t attract flies. So a big gap in recruits is rearing it’s ugly head. 
Time will give us a better overview. I’m still not on the dump coach bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, southend said:

But also , you have to know the Shelf was bare , of recruits , when Brohm took the job.  He had some left over Talent to work with but Nobody had the Boilers on their short list to play for. Previous coach couldn’t attract flies. So a big gap in recruits is rearing it’s ugly head. 
Time will give us a better overview. I’m still not on the dump coach bandwagon. 

I can see that being excuse in years 1 and 2, but fact of the matter is that Brohm was better with players from a coach "who couldn't attract flies". Brohm is about to enter year 5 and is regressing. His first full cycle of recruits are seniors. Recruiting talent hasn't been Brohm's issues, it's developing said talent that is a glaring weakness. Moore, Bell, Karlaftis are all-world talents that were college reasy from day 1, but the rest have been significantly held back by Brohm inability to develop them.

After a great start, this year’s team quickly went off the rails.  Why?  It wasn’t the offense, but I don’t think the 3 and 4 yard passes were a good idea when we had many deep threats such as David Bell, Rondale Moore and many others.  Even Zander Horvath ran the ball well, although King Dourue wasn’t as productive.

The defense was again thin as players are still learning Diaco’s 3-4.  That brings me to another coach, the big cheese himself, Jeffrey Brohm.  Does he still have it?  Is his heart still in it?  I’m unsure on both fronts and with that being said, his days in West Lafayette could be numbered.

Next man up: Brian Brohm?  Called  hell of game against Iowa who actually had a pretty good season.  But are they a package deal?  The MAC flavor of the month?  Buffalo and Ball State won their respective divisions and I think Buffalo is the better team.  But their offense is a little more run-oriented, so I don’t know how well that would be received at Ross-Ade.  Then there’s the wild card: Coastal Carolina’s Jamey Chadwell.  I don’t know what he’s doing on the Grand Strand, but his Chanticleers are sold on it.  Would that fly in the B1G?  

My choice?  Thank you for asking: Tom Herman.   My guess is the folks in Austin are overly thrilled at a few of his shortcomings.  But here’s why I like him: he’s a midwest guy and can rebuild offenses.  Just bring in a defensive mastermind...