Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Decatur Central vs New Palestine has been canceled

10 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

When it's a blanket quarantine policy though, they are erring on the side of caution. 

No, they are being idiotic.  That's not "erring on the side of caution".  That's ignoring facts, ignoring data and not being flexible enough to understand, that this sort of policy will NEVER allow people to return to any form of normalcy. 

Because they can always use the "err on the side of caution" routine for as long as they want. Even when its very clear, there is no issue at all in Hancock County.  Has never been an issue at all in Hancock County and all the metrics that are supposed to be important, are about as low as they can possibly be already.   

When you are averaging 1/2 of a hospitalization per day, for going on 2 straight months, its way past time to end the quarantining of healthy people schtick.  Its not March anymore.  Otherwise, why even open schools or let high school athletics start in the first place?  This kind of policy will NEVER allow either to work or go on for very long.  

6 hours ago, Gipper said:

I’m still a little shocked at the chain of events: the Pandemic hits and the world basically ends.  We social distance/wear masks/make human sacrifices in addition to canceling all sporting events and shut down our productive economy.  Things gradually improve and the rules are abated and we get to where are now.

What’s next?

Fifteen days to flatten the curve.

• Like 1

SO ...New Pal cancels week 1 game, but everything will be ready to rock/roll in week 2?? Good thing the virus will be contained by that point (tongue-in-cheek) 

Seriously though - is it basically just the schools up in Northern Indiana that have pulled the  plug on the season?? I can't keep it straight right now....some Indy schools have cancelled week 1 and 2 games? Warren Central has?? 

I guess I just don't understand, if you have enough players, cancelling one week but turning right back around and being able to play the next?? Are you cancelling because "key" players are out?? And if that's the case ...shame shame. 

1 hour ago, jets said:

SO ...New Pal cancels week 1 game, but everything will be ready to rock/roll in week 2?? Good thing the virus will be contained by that point (tongue-in-cheek) 

Seriously though - is it basically just the schools up in Northern Indiana that have pulled the  plug on the season?? I can't keep it straight right now....some Indy schools have cancelled week 1 and 2 games? Warren Central has?? 

I guess I just don't understand, if you have enough players, cancelling one week but turning right back around and being able to play the next?? Are you cancelling because "key" players are out?? And if that's the case ...shame shame. 

It depends on the timing of the quarantine for the players impacted. Depending on how many they lose and when they may have a very limited roster with enough practices for week 1, but they are fine for week 2. "Key" players is one thing (i.e. starting QB), but missing an entire varsity position group is another. I have no idea the circumstance at NP, but I know that situation exists at other places.