Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Decatur Central vs New Palestine has been canceled

Why was it canceled?  If it was due to COVID-19, and my guess it was, having either of those 2 teams play Friday would be most unwise.

This thing has way too many moving pieces, although it’s good games are starting to be played, caution still must be exercised.

15 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Why was it canceled?  If it was due to COVID-19, and my guess it was, having either of those 2 teams play Friday would be most unwise.

This thing has way too many moving pieces, although it’s good games are starting to be played, caution still must be exercised.

New Pal pulled the plug.  It’s been business as usual at DC all summer.

09E239CE-A6BB-440F-9A0D-3127641DD738.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Good to know, thanks for the info.

I wonder if New Pal’s “standards of fielding a team” differ from their HCC counterparts, lol.

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Hamilton Heights has had 3 teams cancel events scheduled for HH home field. Eastbrook cancelled yesterday's scrimmage, then rescheduled a different team for the same day, Monroe Central cancelled the scheduled game at HH 8/21, then rescheduled a different team on their home field for that day, and Muncie Central cancelled the game they scheduled at HH on 8/21. I assume the reasons are they didn't want to travel to Hamilton County. I hope this isn't a trend, it's not gonna be good for Indiana High School football if certain teams are afraid to travel.

12 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Hamilton Heights has had 3 teams cancel events scheduled for HH home field. Eastbrook cancelled yesterday's scrimmage, then rescheduled a different team for the same day, Monroe Central cancelled the scheduled game at HH 8/21, then rescheduled a different team on their home field for that day, and Muncie Central cancelled the game they scheduled at HH on 8/21. I assume the reasons are they didn't want to travel to Hamilton County. I hope this isn't a trend, it's not gonna be good for Indiana High School football if certain teams are afraid to travel.

It seems those programs are taking advantage of the leeway given for teams by the IHSAA who are dealing with a significant number of cases within the program; canceling out of concern for traveling somewhere is outside those guidelines in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Me, too.  I know that Andrean High School has many cases if COVID on their first day of school last week.  Lake County also had many cases of it.  Stay safe!

I would like to see the IHSAA immediately cancel the state tournament and go to a conference only schedule for this season

All shools would be allowed to play a maximum of 7 games, with conference champions being crowned across the state following week 8 action.  

47 minutes ago, DT said:

I would like to see the IHSAA immediately cancel the state tournament and go to a conference only schedule for this season

All shools would be allowed to play a maximum of 7 games, with conference champions being crowned across the state following week 8 action.  

i see season being cancelled real soon statewide!

• Haha 1

The social behavior of the young men and women on all sports teams will determine the season

The head medical person with the NCAA does not feel playing is safe

This morning our local health officer did not say he was in favor of competition

There could be some last minute changes/cancellations this week I am afraid

We have had one case on the team early. Everyone else is out due to contact tracing. Or they were out to contact tracing and don’t have the 10 practice minimum in. At NPHS, if you sit next to someone who tests positive, you are out 14 days. Even though both are masked. And the positive student can return after 10 days. The Hancock County Health Department will not allow you to go get a negative test to return. It’s a mess. Several position groups just wiped out.

1 hour ago, CaptainHook said:

We have had one case on the team early. Everyone else is out due to contact tracing. Or they were out to contact tracing and don’t have the 10 practice minimum in. At NPHS, if you sit next to someone who tests positive, you are out 14 days. Even though both are masked. And the positive student can return after 10 days. The Hancock County Health Department will not allow you to go get a negative test to return. It’s a mess. Several position groups just wiped out.

This is where I've heard some inconsistency. The contact tracing side is being applied liberally in some cases and very conservatively in others. I know one school who sat down 10 players for 2 weeks because one in the group had symptoms but he tested negative. Other schools are isolating the player(s) who tested positive, but if no other players are showing symptoms or test negative they don't quarantine anyone else. Those programs have been doing it since July 6 with no outbreaks so it seems to be working so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Incredibly stupid.  But then again much of this is complete idiocy to begin with. 

If both people are "masked up", then what's the issue?  If that's so damn important to "keep everyone safe" and people are doing what they've been told and its still not enough, then what are we doing?? Or are masks just a complete waste of time, which most of us already know to begin with.   

These state and county health departments are run by morons to begin with. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gipper said:

Me, too.  I know that Andrean High School has many cases if COVID on their first day of school last week.  Lake County also had many cases of it.  Stay safe!

Gipper please get your facts straight before making statements!  Andrean has 1 confirmed case, a female student (As of today). Following their protocols, a small group of students have been quarantined per Lake County guidelines.  School continued. Andrean scrimmaged Valpo Friday night. Merrillville this Friday night.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Have only Democratic states cancelled football?

25 of 26 states with Republican governors are playing football this fall.  Maryland being the exception.

Only 7 of 22 states with Democratic governors are playing.

Heard this on Clay Travis this morning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Gipper please get your facts straight before making statements!  Andrean has 1 confirmed case, a female student (As of today). Following their protocols, a small group of students have been quarantined per Lake County guidelines.  School continued. Andrean scrimmaged Valpo Friday night. Merrillville this Friday night.

I heard this from my son whose good friend goes to Andrean,  maybe  he was confused.  Regardless, covid remains an issue.