Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Counties Restricting Travel.Crowds

Are there any county health departments restricting travel of teams or crowds at games?

I noticed where Porter County says no crowds bigger than 100 people unless it is approved.

With certain counties being hot beds for the virus I was curious if a team could venture into that county?

Craziness that is going on this year.

Jasper County established Half Capacity 

So KV is selling 1000 tickets for their side

We get about 300 

I know our AD was out last week determining capacity on each side of the bleachers.   

Game 1 for us is in county:  

We host North Newton next week.   

Then Host Western, so not sure about Howard County ( I believe that is Western's county) 

Lafayette Jeff vs. West Lafayette being moved to Lafayette Jeff.  From the West Lafayette Athletics web site...

"Currently, WL has been approved to have 250 guests on the home side and 250 guests on the visitor side. Lafayette Jefferson has been approved to host a total of 1,500 guests. Moving the game gives us a better opportunity to safely create the Friday night experience our players and communities deserve.

Keeping this game at WL would make it challenging for each player to accommodate his own family, and it would leave no opportunity for the students of West Lafayette or Lafayette Jefferson to attend the game. The administrations from both schools recognize the student body plays a major role in creating a positive and exciting Friday night atmosphere. Collectively, this is an opportunity to promote two excellent football programs, allow all of our parents to attend, and give our students some sense of normalcy in what has been a challenging 5 months."

• Like 1

Adams County Health Officer Michael Ainsworth, MD said Monday that fans would not be allowed at events at the county’s three high schools, with an exception: senior athletes can have four adults at their games. Otherwise, only coaches and essential personnel will be permitted at games.

No fans from visiting schools will be allowed, with the exception of games played within the county. Senior parents can also travel to away games at in-county schools, Ainsworth said.

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Jasper County established Half Capacity 

So KV is selling 1000 tickets for their side

We get about 300 

I know our AD was out last week determining capacity on each side of the bleachers.   

Game 1 for us is in county:  

We host North Newton next week.   

Then Host Western, so not sure about Howard County ( I believe that is Western's county) 

As someone who enjoys starting the season off with the battle for the cracker barrel, I need to know if 1300 people are going to the game? I don't want to be 1301 and get denied access at the gate!! Kind of kidding, but also kind of serious. Will teams be selling tickets at the gate or do ticket purchases need to be made prior to game day?

• Like 1

Mississinewa has set a capacity of 50% which is estimated at 900.  Visiting schools will be given a certain number of tickets to sell in advance.  Mississinewa will sell tickets in advance with each player being limited to 4 tickets.  The order of selling tickets is players, students, and then public.  The public can purchase tickets on Thursday and Friday.  Any tickets not sold in advance will be sold at the gate.  Here is the link for Mississinewa's plan.  https://mcscathletics.com/2020/08/17/mhs-protocols-media-release/?fbclid=IwAR3nmyXjZe3AFPa2VffaLcKCXRdsRnWn0-B59uu6ZBjOhnm981egEVKOeq0

Oak Hill has a similar plan with a capacity of 900.  They have a grassy area on each end of the field and have said people can bring lawn chairs to watch the games from there or sit in their cars to watch.  

All of these restriction are just proving social distancing and masks don't work.  Where's the "science" behind a maximum of 500 fans in every sized field. Tell me why large football stadiums can't safely support more than 500 fans . In large venues, being outside,  several 1000 people could distance far more than the so called safe six feet.  And the "experts" wonder why people don't believe their recommendations.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EVVHSFOOTBALL said:

Where's the "science" behind a maximum of 500 fans in every sized field. Tell me why large football stadiums can't safely support more than 500 fans . 

I believe Lafayette Jeff's Scheumann Stadium "pandemic max" is currently set at 1500, not 500.

1 hour ago, EVVHSFOOTBALL said:

All of these restriction are just proving social distancing and masks don't work.  Where's the "science" behind a maximum of 500 fans in every sized field. Tell me why large football stadiums can't safely support more than 500 fans . In large venues, being outside,  several 1000 people could distance far more than the so called safe six feet.  And the "experts" wonder why people don't believe their recommendations.

I didn't think 500 was the cutoff everywhere. Some places it's based on stadium capacity.

West Vigo isn't selling general admission tickets. Each player receives 2 tickets for their parents and that is it. Not sure if band and cheerleaders will be in attendance. Not sure about opposing fans either.

I was told Northview didn't allow opposing fans in to see their scrimmage with Terre Haute Souh. Only Northview fans were allowed to attend.

25 minutes ago, SouthernFan said:

Evansville has capped it at 500 total. 250 for each team to sell. No tickets will be sold at the gate. Can not say what Jasper ,VL and Castle are doing 

Vanderburgh Health Department has capped crowd size at 500, 250 for each team. I blame ridiculous designs at North and Harrison just as much as anything though.  ZERO restrooms and concessions on the visitor side. 

Common sense says Reitz Bowl and Central could hold 1500 - 2000 but they aren’t going to allow that when there’s no way North/Harrison can.

Even bigger issue right now is that Enlow can’t be used. 

I observe hundreds of people playing cards at picnic tables during every break period each day. They are sitting across from one another in groups of four. No one has worn masks or social distanced for months yet no further spread of the coronavirus has occurred.

13 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Vanderburgh Health Department has capped crowd size at 500, 250 for each team. I blame ridiculous designs at North and Harrison just as much as anything though.  ZERO restrooms and concessions on the visitor side. 

Probably 90%+ of high football fields in Indiana only have those kind of facilities on one side of the field. Or the buildings(s) that house those facilities are located somewhere in between, usually past one of the endzones.   At Frankfort it located in the area past the south endzone, just after the ticket gate.