Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 1

Watched the Reitz/Harrison game last night, and have to say, it was a weird one. Harrison did well on special teams (two huge punt returns), but overall, take that away, they only had one really big drive against the starters (their first possession) that led to a score. Not sure what to make of them. Will they be that team that averages 28 a game, but goes winless because they can’t stop anyone? Who knows. 

Reitz on the other hand, looked pretty good on offense. Defense was a little shaky at times as they implemented a new defensive scheme this year, and special teams was atrocious. Maybe put in some work on that this week. But overall, I was happy with the progress I saw last night. 

3 hours ago, tango said:

@TigerFan20 as I said on here recently, Tigers are young and will take some lumps.  Got another tough one this week with North.  

Positives from the game: 

-O line was a lot better than I expected them to be. I was really pleased on how they played with minor mistakes. 

- Our defense was spot on last nigh, which was great to see. 

- Pence can still chuck downfield, and we did have a lot of 20-25 yard gains too. 

- Our receivers were good , need to work on catching and handling the ball. 

- our Pass offense worked well last night, same with our Pass defense, i believe we held Jasper to 15 yards according to Hudl 

Negatives: 

- We need to finish on our drives, since that hurt us greatly. We had a bunch of good drives that went no where. 

- Got to work on our ball handling at all times, since that fumble  on Jasper's 15 was not good at all. 

- Our rush offense wasn't amazing, but there were some good gains  

- Our rush defense wasn't best either since they kept running us down, luckily we held them pretty tight. 

Overall, I thought we did ok for being a young team, mistakes will come early on and it is lot better to fix on them. 

On 8/22/2020 at 11:19 AM, TransplantedPanther said:

Watched the Reitz/Harrison game last night, and have to say, it was a weird one. Harrison did well on special teams (two huge punt returns), but overall, take that away, they only had one really big drive against the starters (their first possession) that led to a score. Not sure what to make of them. Will they be that team that averages 28 a game, but goes winless because they can’t stop anyone? Who knows. 

Reitz on the other hand, looked pretty good on offense. Defense was a little shaky at times as they implemented a new defensive scheme this year, and special teams was atrocious. Maybe put in some work on that this week. But overall, I was happy with the progress I saw last night. 

Have to agree based on what I saw. Harrison has some speedy athletes, but they need to get the QB situation figured out. The Reitz special teams issues could be an easy fix with some personnel changes I would think. Other than that, their defense looked okay considering most of them probably did not play much last year. Their offense could be dangerous. Brickey is a load at QB and has a quite a few weapons at his disposal. The Burns kid seems to be a difference maker on both sides of the ball. Look for Reitz to improve and be one of the top contenders in the conference.