Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA Poll Week 1

3A should probably flip Lawrenceburg and Heritage Hills. 

everything I have seen and heard signals Lawrenceburg has a special senior group right now. 

but hey it’s Week 1. If they take care of business they will move up. 

im just glad we are finally at that point where rankings and games are happening. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

3A should probably flip Lawrenceburg and Heritage Hills. 

everything I have seen and heard signals Lawrenceburg has a special senior group right now. 

but hey it’s Week 1. If they take care of business they will move up. 

im just glad we are finally at that point where rankings and games are happening. 

I was thinking flip 8-3 GS (last season) with Lawrenceburg. I saw in person HH’s  starting varsity against Jasper... they impressed me...as did Jasper varsity.  Watched some highlights of central and GS.... was thoroughly impressed in Central running roughshod over GS

if GS D1 QB doesn’t get some major help from others stepping up they could be looking at a 7-4 season 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

I was thinking flip 8-3 GS (last season) with Lawrenceburg. I saw in person HH’s  starting varsity against Jasper... they impressed me...as did Jasper varsity.  Watched some highlights of central and GS.... was thoroughly impressed in Central running roughshod over GS

if GS D1 QB doesn’t get some major help from others stepping up they could be looking at a 7-4 season 

3 things 

1) Coach Hart (as well as the other coaches on the team) have shown themselves to be one of the absolute best minds when it comes to designing plays/running offenses at the high school level.  The past decade+ Hart has shown nothing but an absolute talent for running offenses no matter what level of talent he is working with (not that I think your dig at the GS skill players is in anyway accurate)

2) Brady throws dimes left right and center  ...and he is seemingly even better when the game is on the line and it’s coming down to the wire.  Even with the great QB play from Scheller and the Sellers from 2010-2017 I don’t think any of them have been as clutch as Brady...and that’s high praise.  If GS needs to drive the length of the field and score with 2 minutes left in the game, the kid gets it done and finds his guys with seemingly perfect accuracy 

3) Central>Jasper and without a single doubt in my mind.  Comparing HH to GS by how they faced these two teams in a scrimmage of all things is silly...but if we must go down this rabbit hole it ends with Central just being a better team...and probably by a wide margin imo 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

13 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

Yeah some programs just don't build their schedule (particularly now that there is a ton of flexibility) to pretty much guarantee at least 8-2.  From previous years I thought you were more of football guy than to make broad sweeping generalizations based on scrimmages.  Guessin you get your highlights from 812hoops.  Keep pumping for that ranking though....you earned it from last seasons performance, maybe someone here will buy it.  Good luck with NP, SS and TC this season!!

Edited by Titan32
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah some programs just don't build their schedule (particularly now that there is a ton of flexibility) to pretty much guarantee at least 8-2.  From previous years I thought you were more of football guy than to make broad sweeping generalizations based on scrimmages.  Keep pumping for that ranking though....you earned it from last seasons performance, maybe someone here will buy it.  Good luck with NP, SS and TC this season!!

They gave a coach with no trips to LOS his own segment on a radio show?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah some programs just don't build their schedule (particularly now that there is a ton of flexibility) to pretty much guarantee at least 8-2.  From previous years I thought you were more of football guy than to make broad sweeping generalizations based on scrimmages.  Guessin you get your highlights from 812hoops.  Keep pumping for that ranking though....you earned it from last seasons performance, maybe someone here will buy it.  Good luck with NP, SS and TC this season!!

Now that is funny, 32.  Are you really on here pounding your chest about improving your strength of schedule?!?!  Really?  Come on man!  Whatever works for you guys I guess.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but GS built their schedule up last year too, right?  :classic_wacko:  

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Now that is funny, 32.  Are you really on here pounding your chest about improving your strength of schedule?!?!  Really?  Come on man!  Whatever works for you guys I guess.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but GS built their schedule up last year too, right?  :classic_wacko:  

Just giving it back to scrimmage analysis boy and his poll PR work LOL.  It is a great time of year to be optimistic though...this could be another 2014 or 2019!

The only thing I pray for is that we actually get to have the season!!  That we can watch games, watch these young athletes excel, give our communities something good to talk about and actually have some normal back into our lives!!  

PS  I think we all know that rankings this early are a joke!!!  

1 minute ago, Patriot 74 said:

The only thing I pray for is that we actually get to have the season!!  That we can watch games, watch these young athletes excel, give our communities something good to talk about and actually have some normal back into our lives!!  

I believe your prayers will be answered my friend, I have a good source that the IHSAA commissioner, IDOE, and the Indiana Governor are working/talking about how important it is for us to have fall sports. They are absolutely sold on the thought that we must push on and do everything we can to have a season. Keep praying and get ready for some football!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I agree on both!  I was like a kid in a candy store just to be able to watch a scrimmage last weekend!  

7 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

We are very fortunate here in Indiana...totally agree...hope we can keep it going!  Can't imagine not being able to argue with you guys on here!

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I agree on both!  I was like a kid in a candy store just to be able to watch a scrimmage last weekend!  

I couldn't make the scrimmage.........work commitments, but I have watched film.  Looked pretty good.  I am ready to watch a real game this Friday BIG TIME!!  Be carrying around a hot dog ALL game long so I can be maskless!!!   I would hate for the officials to not clearly hear me!!!

1 hour ago, NumbersNvrLie said:

They gave a coach with no trips to LOS his own segment on a radio show?

@NumbersNvrLieNot just a segment, Coach Hart has a 30 minute show each week throughout the season.  It is pretty well done.  In the years we were in the same sectional I always enjoyed listening to it on Youtube, especially in the week before and after our games with them.  If you listen to the list of sponsors they read off at the beginning, you'll understand why the station has the show.  It is a loooong list, which illustrates the incredible level of support Coach Hart has in the south Gibson community.  As evidenced in DumfriesYMCA's comments in (1) above, the GS folks believe in him, his staff, and the program.  It's a position I think a lot of IND HS football coaches might enjoy finding themselves.  Plus, GS has had some really good teams in Coach Hart's 8 years.  As Titan32 has previously noted, with the exception of 2014, GS has lost to the eventual 3A state champ or runner-up every year - Chatard twice, Memorial 3 times, Brebeuf once, and Heritage Hills last year.  Things have seemingly opened up a little bit for GS compared to prior years and they have a heckuva QB, so a lot of eyes are looking to see if Coach Hart can get them to the promised land this year.  

• Like 2