12. Indianapolis Ritter (0-0)
vs. Monrovia (0-0) Friday
14. Knox (0-0)
vs. Southwood (0-0) Friday

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Oh man Lawrenceburg and Knox lost too?  

Those two teams I know had some good hype for this season 

tough week for 3A for sure 

I would say many of those loses would have been less than a surprise...

I would say many expected Chatard to beat Jesuit, CN to beat GS, EC to beat Lawrenceburg, and Princeton to lose to FP. 

Just now, Cappy said:

I would say many of those loses would have been less than a surprise...

I would say many expected Chatard to beat Jesuit, CN to beat GS, EC to beat Lawrenceburg, and Princeton to lose to FP. 

Well I can’t say as a GS fan I expected princeton to win 😂😂😉

mt Vernon over Heritage hills is a bit of a shock but HH is replacing a lot so there will be some growing pains. For the first few games 

59 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Well I can’t say as a GS fan I expected princeton to win 😂😂😉

mt Vernon over Heritage hills is a bit of a shock but HH is replacing a lot so there will be some growing pains. For the first few games 

Believe I read 21 of 22 starters

Random thoughts:

1. Marian beating Mishawaka seems like a big deal to me.  

2. GIbson Southern is playing about as tough a first couple of week’s schedule as anybody in 3A (except Brebeuf...and maybe Chatard, Guerin and West Lafayette).  Certainly the toughest schedule in the South so far.

3. West Lafayette losing to Jeff by 11 is an impressive loss.  The main difference from prior years in this matchup is the relatively low scoring nature of the game.  West Lafayette looks to be as good as billed.  McCutcheon this week.  Should give us a little feel how they compare to Guerin early on.

4. Brebeuf is in the meat grinder again this week at New Pal.  I still don’t have a feel for just how good they are....or Chatard for that matter.  That said, Friday’s game had relatively few penalties vs. year’s past.  Gotta’ think New Pal is licking their chops after having had to sit home this Friday, though.  Could be a long night for the Preppies.

5. Chatard v. East Central would normally be a matchup between two State contenders in 3A and 4A, respectively.  I still have no sense as to where Chatard fully stands.  EC whooped 3A contender Lawrenceburg on Friday.  Chatard has won the last 2 meetings (maybe the only 2 meetings).  I think EC plays Cincy Moeller next week, btw.  Not sure any 4A team is playing as tough of a schedule as EC is early on.

6. Concordia has lots of kids back and won big Friday.  Monster test against Homestead coming up.  Big SAC game.

7. Guerin beating 5A McCutcheon is a big deal.  They now stand 2-1 vs. McCutcheon the last 3 years.  Decatur Central coming up.  DC has been as good a 5A team as you might find the last few years.  BIG test for Guerin.

8. Danville v. 4A Mooresville Could be interesting.  My guess is that the ball will spend most of its time in the air.  Mooresville has lost the last 2 Regionals in close games.  Danville seems likely wired for Semistate again by default if they simply beat Tri-West in Sectional again.  Mooresville has done nothing but get better the last 3 years under Gillin.

Its really going to be a while, in my opinion, before teams start shaping up so I am expecting some massive turnarounds by many teams.  Still, I know some comment has been made regarding a lot of losses amongst the early high-ranked 3A teams but I would argue that a lot of those teams are playing tougher early schedules than years past.

Anybody else have any observations?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Random thoughts:

7. Guerin beating 5A McCutcheon is a big deal.  They now stand 2-1 vs. McCutcheon the last 3 years.  Decatur Central coming up.  DC has been as good a 5A team as you might find the last few years.  BIG test for Guerin.

Was really looking forward to LCC playing Guerin this season.  I think that would have been a nice measuring stick for both teams.  Unfortunately, LCC's missing the first two games of the season.

9 hours ago, Lysander said:

Random thoughts:

3. West Lafayette losing to Jeff by 11 is an impressive loss.  The main difference from prior years in this matchup is the relatively low scoring nature of the game.  West Lafayette looks to be as good as billed.  McCutcheon this week.  Should give us a little feel how they compare to Guerin early on.

Might depend on contact components for COVID.  WLFI just announced within the hour that McCutcheon has a COVID case and folks in contact are on self-quarantine for 14 days.  Might be someone who's not on football team or contacts not in the football cohort.  There's no designation though how many kids are self-quarantining. 

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Tippecanoe-School-Corporation-has-its-first-confirmed-case-of-COVID-19-572201351.html

19 hours ago, Lysander said:

Random thoughts:

1. Marian beating Mishawaka seems like a big deal to me.  

2. GIbson Southern is playing about as tough a first couple of week’s schedule as anybody in 3A (except Brebeuf...and maybe Chatard, Guerin and West Lafayette).  Certainly the toughest schedule in the South so far.

4. Brebeuf is in the meat grinder again this week at New Pal.  I still don’t have a feel for just how good they are....or Chatard for that matter.  That said, Friday’s game had relatively few penalties vs. year’s past.  Gotta’ think New Pal is licking their chops after having had to sit home this Friday, though.  Could be a long night for the Preppies.

5. Chatard v. East Central would normally be a matchup between two State contenders in 3A and 4A, respectively.  I still have no sense as to where Chatard fully stands.  EC whooped 3A contender Lawrenceburg on Friday.  Chatard has won the last 2 meetings (maybe the only 2 meetings).  I think EC plays Cincy Moeller next week, btw.  Not sure any 4A team is playing as tough of a schedule as EC is early on.

6. Concordia has lots of kids back and won big Friday.  Monster test against Homestead coming up.  Big SAC game.

8. Danville v. 4A Mooresville Could be interesting.  My guess is that the ball will spend most of its time in the air.  Mooresville has lost the last 2 Regionals in close games.  Danville seems likely wired for Semistate again by default if they simply beat Tri-West in Sectional again.  Mooresville has done nothing but get better the last 3 years under Gillin.

Its really going to be a while, in my opinion, before teams start shaping up so I am expecting some massive turnarounds by many teams.  Still, I know some comment has been made regarding a lot of losses amongst the early high-ranked 3A teams but I would argue that a lot of those teams are playing tougher early schedules than years past.

Tri-West plays 5A Plainfield this week, as well. Like you said Tri-West/Danville sectional match up gets to semi state most likely. Last week I would've said look for a close game, but unsure after Plainfield was able to hang around for a lot of the game with Carmel. 

Lysander, Lysander, Lysander 1.2.3.

Where did you get your info on the "whipping" by EC?

The Crew and I were at the game, a little buzzed, no I am not ashamed. 

The score at the half was 7 to 7 & Stink Town held EC to 60 yards in the first half.

The third quarter saw a few things go against the Tigers (pick 6, TD taken off the board, trick play for 6 on an athletic play by EC's WR)

The Trojans won the game and the score may show a "whipping" but the game was far from that even with blurred vision. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StinkTownClown said:

Lysander, Lysander, Lysander 1.2.3.

Where did you get your info on the "whipping" by EC?

The Crew and I were at the game, a little buzzed, no I am not ashamed. 

The score at the half was 7 to 7 & Stink Town held EC to 60 yards in the first half.

The third quarter saw a few things go against the Tigers (pick 6, TD taken off the board, trick play for 6 on an athletic play by EC's WR)

The Trojans won the game and the score may show a "whipping" but the game was far from that even with blurred vision. 

You’re right....I’m wrong.  Apologies.  

I watched the summary from Channel 19 AFTER I had posted it (and couldn’t edit) and realized the final score didn’t really represent the actual closeness of game.

Liked that pregame talk too...

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

You’re right....I’m wrong.  Apologies.  

I watched the summary from Channel 19 AFTER I had posted it (and couldn’t edit) and realized the final score didn’t really represent the actual closeness of game.

Liked that pregame talk too...

Lysander. 
No need to apologize clown didn’t mention EC had 2 TD’s called back in first half no the game wasn’t a whipping but the 3rd quarter was! By the way clown have you heard if the Tiger player that got ran over by that Truck for a 52yd TD up the middle is ok? See he didn’t mention that part of the game either 4th quarter was pretty much subs let the clock run! 

• Like 1

Ribbed85, 85, 85 1.2.3.....

You must have had too many Tiger BL's and could not see!

EC did not have 2 TD's called back in the first half! #fakenews they had 1!

EC did have one called back in the 3rd...but so did the Tigers! You forgot to mention that....

4th Quarter subs??? When did this happen??? Subs in the 4th quarter....#fakenews again. 

If your starting QB is now a sub after that dismal performance then okay...But that big Mountain man #77 and the OL was still rolling! You are wrong again. 

That Stink Town kid who got ran over...Ha, Coach K will give him some "Furn Juice" and he will be okay. 

Your 3 post and evaluation of a game does not carry much weight. Clown will spit the truth!

Scoreboard is the only thing that matters. Even when we tally Tiger BL's the most cans win....But as far as stats go....tell me which ones did EC beat the Tigers in....Stink will help you. Scoreboard & Turnovers. 

End of the day, it was not a Whipping. but then again, things always seem to be a little different when you talk to the Bad Boyz on the hill. Good Luck with the rest of the season!