Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC week 1

Well then lets get this thread going...Coaches/fans if you need a tissue their in aisle 13 at Walmart

Laville  I didn't see much from the St. Joseph scrimmage to give Bremen the edge traveling to Laville. Laville +7

Glenn over Boone Grove- I'm going with the Falcons for this one. SC couldn't move the ball on their starting D. Lets see if they can continue that into week 1. 

Special teams is Key here. Glenn was torched for 2 big returns last year.+28

Michigan City- The pack proves to be too strong for the interim coach and his Cats. Wolve's Defense holds Riley to under 7 if they even score. Don't see them putting up too many points this year with their archaic offense. Wolves Pack the box. +30

Marian - last year was a sloppy mud bowl. Marian's speed will be too much to handle on the offensive side with Atkinson and #25. Marian by +17.

ADAMS - Adams avenges their 0-10 season with the battle for School Field bragging rights. The seat cools down for Jones for one week. Eagles soar past the declining Panthers. Positivity doesn't win games  +28

Osceola Grace - No offense to the NIC. I'm going with the non IHSAA member here. OG by +7

Heritage Christian 12-2 last season. The shoes haven't been filled since the Downey Era. St. Joe loses this Crusade by +14

Valpo - 4 loss season for Penn last year. I don't see much changing this year. Valpo +14

New Prarie- NP offense line will be too much for Laporte to handle. NP +21

2 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Laville  I didn't see much from the St. Joseph scrimmage to give Bremen the edge traveling to Laville. Laville +7

Looks like Laville's senior quarterback announced on Twitter that he tore his MCL and possibly meniscus in practice and will potentially be finished for the season.

13 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Looks like Laville's senior quarterback announced on Twitter that he tore his MCL and possibly meniscus in practice and will potentially be finished for the season.

Terrible news! Hope he recovers quickly. Edit my prediction to Bremen +14

36 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

That's unfortunate. Wish the young man a speedy and healthy recovery. Hate seeing this for any athlete, especially senior year.

So, Penn no practice Wed and Thurs?  Do they have enough practices to play Fri night?  Wonder how Valpo feels about coming to play them with the virus issue?

LaVille in quarantine for 2 weeks ( the whole team)

St Joe game cancelled since Heritage Christian has cases

Yikes

2 hours ago, Indian72 said:

So, Penn no practice Wed and Thurs?  Do they have enough practices to play Fri night?  Wonder how Valpo feels about coming to play them with the virus issue?

LaVille in quarantine for 2 weeks ( the whole team)

St Joe game cancelled since Heritage Christian has cases

Yikes

yep only gonna get worse fellas!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Well then lets get this thread going...Coaches/fans if you need a tissue their in aisle 13 at Walmart

Some forum members are terribly disappointed these games are still scheduled. These people wish all schools were closed and cheer for maximum death and misery. They hope some medications fail. They want the economy in turmoil. Any perceived bad news is good news to them. Threads are eagerly started when any cancellation occurs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Howe said:

Some forum members are terribly disappointed these games are still scheduled. These people wish all schools were closed and cheer for maximum death and misery. They hope some medications fail. They want the economy in turmoil. Any perceived bad news is good news to them. Threads are eagerly started when any cancellation occurs.

Hey I want football but I also want people to be safe and healthy.  When you are dealing with young people it is hard to have them understand their actions will determine the season

10 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

LaVille has officially cancelled their game against Bremen.  Bremen and St. Joe should play on Saturday.

SJ AD quoted that focusing on next week but anything is possible

If both schools and coaches agree why not

This may be a common practice this season

49 minutes ago, Howe said:

These are fact are they are reported.  There is no agenda in the NIC forum to cancel games.  We have a long and rich tradition since 1927.  This conference has survived a depression and a World War.  This conference has survived the shutdown of many major companies and kept on going.  It has survived, and it will survive through this pandemic.  This issue wasn't with the NIC...but their opponents.

The games will be played.  The NIC will thrive in this environment.

21 hours ago, Howe said:

Bro, if you're going to drink a case of white claws before commenting on someones post. Please know what your referencing a quote to. Because my post has nothing to do with the BS political climate. Please stick to football related context, updates, stats and my favorite the joyful banter. My statement was meant for anyone hurt over my week 1 predictions.

Edited by TurfToe

Crickets last night.......

Well...Predicted Marian would win. But didn’t think it would turn into a nail bitter with 6 secs left.

I had Adams winning big. I watched the replay of the game. Jones  finally went to the ground game. Looks like they had a slow 1st half or it could of gotten out of hand early. Did I see a punt from an Adams team on 4th and 24!! Washington just doesn’t have the players. Like looked sloppy and slow to fire off.

wooooo....No surprise in the Riley score. Guessed around +30 but 55!. I knew they’d get declawed by MC. Riley’s offense has declined over the last 11 games. What happened? Did the staff leave when Jarvis took his lay-off?Anyone go to the game could this new I formation have a glimmer of life?

Glenn as expected +28-from a few buddies that were there. QB scampered for 4 and threw 2. Defense allowed one 1st down through 3 1/2 quarters until they subbed in freshmen. That’s Glenn’s 1st shut out since 2016. I might have to catch the game next week. 

St Joe/Bremen today- keep us updated Bremen fans 

Penn/Valpo today- some buddies with kids at Valpo said some key players would be out of the game Still goes today. 

Edited by TurfToe