Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC 2020

I think most of us are in the Wait and See phase.

Frankton looked decent in scrimmage Saturday against Yorktown.

Should be better then last year.  if they stay healthy I can see them in the 3-5 place in the conference.

Travel to Tri Central this Friday   I think this will be a solid game for the Eagles to see what they have.

Good luck to everyone and stay healthy.

Elwood/Madison-Grant - Bummer to hear they had to cancel Week 1, hope for their kids sake it is a one week deal...and I hope it is not a depth issue as I've seen reported on Twitter

Frankton vs Tri-Central - I've heard the Eagles look solid...hope they bounce back to the glory years.  I'll take them by two scores

Alex to Eastern Hancock is intriguing - EH beat up on some ho-hum teams last year, but lost to Heritage Christian 2x and Lapel...I'm thinking they have the Tigers number by 2 scores

Blackford vs Wes-Del - Give me the Bruins by two scores...hard to defend the ground and pound as 1A school playing up

Eastbrook vs Marion - Hope they have the whole playbook in during a short amount of time, Panthers will need it vs the Giants - Marion by 3 scores

Mississinewa - Know next to nothing on the Arabians this year, and even less on Mississinewa...I'll go with the team that doesn't play 1A/2A schools...Arabians by 2 scores

Oak Hill - Greentown is coming off a solid season...I know they've lost some, but don't feel the Golden Eagles have gained much either.  Toss Up...But let's go with the home team Oak Hill by one score

• Disdain 1

Meeeeaaaaaa, Frankton would look a lot better if they would just go back to "I" and pro formations. Trap and trap maybe a little counter and dives. 3 yards and a cloud of dust would help that lack luster "D".    Best defense is an offense that can run the ball and wear everyone down. Now I know they don't have no pete hobbs, john Mercer, or even neal Harper in that backfield and they sure as hell don't have the lines that blocked for them but get back to the basics and stick to it. This is Bobby's 3rd or 4th year and just as many offenses. Quit trying to throw the ball all over the place like your sister school, it never works to great for them.....They lose to eastbrook in the regionals.

Marion has a new coach and lost almost all of their playmakers.  Eastbrook is good and will have another good season.

Mississinewa has size and some playmakers but have young QB.  The QB options are both young and small but are athletic.  Mississinewa also has a new coach but he did bring back the entire staff that Funk had but moved some around into different positions.  Ole Miss took a thumping this week but they will get things together.  They will probably lose 2-3 more games.  

• Disdain 1

The CIC ( not Eastbrook)  took the front seat on the struggle bus this past Friday

5 losses

2 cancellations

3 loss to lower class teams  ( 1A, 2A)

2 shutouts  (Frankton was close and Alex with 2 late 4th quarter feel good TD's)

Just hope it knocked the Rust off of them and we can get back to the Winning Ways

A little late getting on here, but my Panthers looked good, gonna be a tough road to get back to LOS again. Very impressed with the Engle kid, might be the first year in history an Eastbrook QB leads the conference in td passes. So glad football is back. Ready for some good ole trash talk!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

I was talking about Oak Hill and Mississinewa as the 2 shut outs.

Frankton only scored 6 and Alex had a 6 early then 2 jv feel good scores

AHHHH Brainfart on my part.  I thought you were listing the shutouts.  

8 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

Sorry if you can't hear me very well, I'm typing with my face mask on.  How in the world does Blackford get beat by Wes-Del? I thought Blackford was improving??

I read on another post somewhere that they only had 20 or so players come out and were talking about playing on JV this year because of most players being underclassmen. 

Eastbrook looked very strong Friday.  Marion isn't the team they were last year but still a ton of athlete's with big play ability and the game never looked in question.  They definitely came out of week 1 as the team to beat in the CIC.  I think the toughest game of the year is this week against Delta.  Delta is mostly seniors with a D1 QB.  Them not being in the top 10 in 4A preseason rankings shows you how useless the preseason rankings are and I'm looking forward to seeing how we react to that caliber of competition.   

As far as the rest of the CIC I can't imagine a scenario where Mississinewa doesn't finish .500.   They have talent and while I don't know a lot about their new coach his resume shows he knows football.  They're going to get better all year and I think finish 2nd in CIC as long as Eastbrook treats the week 3 matchup with the respect it deserves.  

Oak Hill I keep expecting to get back on track but they've definitely struggled the last few years.  Guessing that they'll land a little better than .500 and in the upper half of the CIC.

Alexandria will probably be real similar to Oak Hill landing in that 3rd or 4th spot.

Madison Grant has some talent but their overall numbers are going to hurt them.  They can win some games this year but I worry about the future of football at that school.  The last several years they've only been able to put together a combined JR high team which doesn't scream that the numbers are going to pick up any time soon.  They need to win get some excitement around the program.

Blackford is in the same boat as Madison Grant if not a little more desperate for numbers.  Watching them last year they were vastly better but seeing what they were loosing and knowing what their feeder numbers were I knew they'd be in trouble this year.  If it doesn't change immediately the CIC will be short a team in football.

Frankton I really haven't heard much about.  If they stay basic and run the ball they might be able to compete.  If they want to spread it out and try to run offenses they see on Saturday and Sunday they'll struggle all year.

Elwood was so young last year it's hard to say what they will look like until they play.  It has to be incredibly frustrating though with new coaches all the time and just the long term lack of success.  Last year I just felt they were trying way to much with that young of a group.  The kind of offenses some of these teams are trying to implement take years to get put in place not weeks.  Even then running something you don't have the personnel for makes no sense to me.    

Overall I just hope we all get our games in.  I think the kids need football more than ever right now.

1. Eastbrook- always best prepared team in conference! Not always best talent but year in and year out the believe in coach's program!

2. Ole Miss- New coach and lot's of whole to fill this year. Will take time but I only see at the most 3 losses in regular season.

3. Oak hill- have them #3 due to upperclassmen. Also another godd staff.

4. Alexandria- very young team this year. Lost most of it's better talent! New q.b. and a strong freshman class will be learning on the go! Need 40+ a game as they cannot stop the better scripted offenses. 

5. Blackford- good staff. If the can keep enough kids together i think they can squeeze out #5.

6. Madison grant- this team has potential but lack of #'s like Blackford! Could of been 5 or 6.

7. Frankton- Think it is time for change there. Have had some talent but not done much with it. Per grads most kids just do not believe in coaching philosophy. 

8. Elwood- only time will tell. If they can keep players eligible for many reasons i see a potential win in their future. Problem is new staff, kids and playbook. I do think if the school board leaves the coach alone he could change this program! 

15 minutes ago, panther10 said:

Liddick was a good QB but even better kid, wonder if that was the year we went to state having those extra games would definitely help

I believe the regular season totals were as follows:

Liddick - 13

Mcguire - 12

It was Liddick's junior year so 2015?