Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pioneer - Chesterton

47 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That is a great win for Pioneer.  Does anyone know the last time a 1A school (Pioneer is not really 2A) defeated a Class 6A school?

I do not think it has ever happened. 

I wish I could have seen this game.

With this victory, I hereby declare the contraction movement dead.  This game was proof positive that rural schools with limited numbers and resources can get it done.  I salute the Panthers.

51 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That is a great win for Pioneer.  Does anyone know the last time a 1A school (Pioneer is not really 2A) defeated a Class 6A school?

I do not think it has ever happened. 

I wish I could have seen this game.

I bet you can find it on YouTube.com.

Do I have to do everything for you?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Congratulations to Pioneer. Very impressive win!! I was way off on my prediction.

I think we all were.  Going forward, I’m hoping all of the little schools take a “Why not us?” approach to both practice and play.

6 hours ago, Gipper said:

With this victory, I hereby declare the contraction movement dead.  This game was proof positive that rural schools with limited numbers and resources can get it done.  I salute the Panthers.

I bet you can find it on YouTube.com.

Do I have to do everything for you?

Has a 1a school ever played a 6a?

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Has a 1a school ever played a 6a?

3 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Good question, probably not because those schools are in the metro areas.

Yes, 1A LCC played 6A Jeff in 2017.  LCC and Jeff are roughly one mile apart from each other down Teal Road in Lafayette.  Jeff won 54-0.  This was the year that Coach O'Shea left and LCC went 2-7 in the regular season and finished the season 4-8 dropping the sectional final to eventual 2017 state champs, Pioneer.  In that year, Jeff went 10-1 dropping the sectional final to Carmel.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Yes, 1A LCC played 6A Jeff in 2017.  LCC and Jeff are roughly one mile apart from each other down Teal Road in Lafayette.  Jeff won 54-0.  This was the year that Coach O'Shea left and LCC went 2-7 in the regular season and finished the season 4-8 dropping the sectional final to eventual 2017 state champs, Pioneer.  In that year, Jeff went 10-1 dropping the sectional final to Carmel.

I was somehow thinking that.