Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2020

No one had started this yet, so I thought I would...

Friday, Aug. 21
Eastern at West Washington, 7 pm
Edgewood at Mitchell, 7 pm
Paoli at Madison, 7:30 pm
Springs Valley at Eastern, 7 pm
Tell City at Perry Central, 8 pm

Friday, Aug. 21
Brownstown at Corydon ©, 7 pm
Charlestown at Silver Creek ©, 7 pm
North Harrison at Salem ©, 7 pm
Scottsburg at Clarksville ©, 7 pm

Paoli at Madison, 7:30 pm

Springs Valley at Eastern, 7 pm

Tell City at Perry Central, 8 pm

Brownstown at Corydon ©, 7 pm

Charlestown at Silver Creek ©, 7 pm

North Harrison at Salem ©, 7 pm

Scottsburg at Clarksville ©, 7 pm

Paoli at Madison

Springs Valley at Eastern Greene

Tell City at Perry Central

Brownstown at Corydon

Charlestown at Silver Creek

North Harrison at Salem

Scottsburg at Clarksville 

Actual results...

Friday, Aug. 21
Clarksville 15, Scottsburg 13 ©
North Harrison 26, Salem 20, OT ©
Silver Creek 40, Charlestown 6 ©
West Washington 49, Eastern 0

Friday, Aug. 21
Eastern 16, Springs Valley 7
Edgewood 49, Mitchell 20
Paoli 28, Madison 27
Tell City 35, Perry Central 0
West Washington 49, Eastern 0

I think the two big surprises were how much TC won by over Perry and perhaps the score for SC over Charlestown. It was 33-0 at half of that game so it seems it was never even really close. Hats off to the Dragons. 

The other surprise was the late cancellation of the BC/Corydon game due to the Harrison County health department. Hopefully everyone is doing well and there are no further issues so everyone can get back to playing. 

34 minutes ago, WWFan said:

With it being the Harrison Co Health Dept I wonder if corydon will be good to go this week @ Paoli

Corydon will be out until Aug 29. Able to return to practice the following Monday in prep for Cougar week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach said:

Brownstown will host Roncallis JV on Monday. I cant say enough about our administration for setting this up after what happened last night. 

That’s great, I do hope there is a way to reschedule, this will greatly affect the standing for the MSC crown. I’d suggest doing it the week of our non conference games but they don’t align and Corydons is next week and will be missed anyways. 

46 minutes ago, SuhMe said:

That’s great, I do hope there is a way to reschedule, this will greatly affect the standing for the MSC crown. I’d suggest doing it the week of our non conference games but they don’t align and Corydons is next week and will be missed anyways. 

We won't be canceling Seymour. In 2008 we lost out NH game.. us CT and Salem all had one loss in the conference and all tied for the title even though we played one less game. 

Edited by btownqbcoach

Just find it interesting that the Harrison County Health Department decides against this game, but allowed NH to travel to Salem the same night and play a school that has all their schools on Covid lockdown. From the outside looking in it sounds to me like someone just didn’t want to lose again. So this double standard of allowing some and not others is getting really tiresome really quick. 

49 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

As always please post JV scores.. 

Roncalli 20

Brownstown 0 

Roncalli started 22 kids and didn't play any Fr. They absolutely wore us down. I was very proud about how our kids fought. It was 7-0 at the half. 

WW app doesn't have a section for scores outside varsity. Only way I ever knew anything about JV. Maybe it'll update later

• Like 1

WW JV hosted Providence tonight because Pekin didn't have JV.  We won 26-22 in a hard fought back and forth game.  We scored the winning TD with :40 left and sealed the win with an INT just outside of our endzone.  Very proud of how the kids battled and never quit we were actually down 22-12 with less than 5 minutes remaining.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WWFan said:

WW app doesn't have a section for scores outside varsity. Only way I ever knew anything about JV. Maybe it'll update later

You're good boss. I was mostly talking to our other coaches.. I really enjoy seeing JV scores. 

12 minutes ago, SenatorStrength said:

WW JV hosted Providence tonight because Pekin didn't have JV.  We won 26-22 in a hard fought back and forth game.  We scored the winning TD with :40 left and sealed the win with an INT just outside of our endzone.  Very proud of how the kids battled and never quit we were actually down 22-12 with less than 5 minutes remaining.

Awesome. So happy we all got to play!!

To go into a little more detail about our game.. 

Roncalli scored with about 4 mins to go in the 2nd q to make it 7-0. We started 3 of 4 drives of the first half inside our own 10 and Roncalli started all 4 of their drives on our side of the 50. They had a very talented RB who as soon as we weren't gap sound took advantage. 

2nd half..  1st drive we had them 2nd and 10 and had the RB behind the line and he made 3 of our guys miss. They punched in another one earlier 4th q. 

The story of the night was Roncallis defense though.  They were good sized but mostly long, strong and flat out understood how to play. 

We under threw a TD on the 2nd drive and dropped a TD on our last drive of the half. We were basically stuffed the entire game, we did miss some assignments, but most of our struggles were because of Roncallis talent defensively.  

Most importantly our guys didn't back down from a 4A power, we'll watch film and fix the rest.  

9 hours ago, SenatorStrength said:

Do you know if Pekin doesn't have a JV or couldn't play JV due to Covid quarantines?

46 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Do you know if Pekin doesn't have a JV or couldn't play JV due to Covid quarantines?

They don't have a JV. 

2 minutes ago, qbcoach13 said:

Clarksville JV Lost 28-0 to Scottsburg JV. 

First time in a long time Clarksville will attempt to play as many JV games as possible. 

Still better to play and lose then not play at all! Pulling for Clarksville to be able to continue having a JV team!