Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2020

Salem JV won in a good game against NH JV 12-7. We scored on about a 40 yard scoop and score on the first drive of the game. We were able to move the ball pretty well but had 10+ penalties offensively. We scored late in the 3rd to go up 12-7 and our defense was able to hold out for us getting a late interception. NH JV is a good size team just like their varsity. 

4 hours ago, WWFan said:

Crawford is listed as needing a game this Friday. Guess WW is a no go for friday

West Washington is GOOD TO GO. Crawford will not play due to WW being virtual this week related to a positive Covid-19 case within the HS. No one on the team or coaching staff was affecting by the contact tracing and everyone is cleared to play. WW is NOT quarantined. 

Now we search for an opponent....

Edited by senatorcoach72
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, senatorcoach72 said:

West Washington is GOOD TO GO. Crawford will not play due to WW being virtual this week related to a positive Covid-19 case within the HS. No one on the team or coaching staff was affecting by the contact tracing and everyone is cleared to play. WW is NOT quarantined. 

I vote Knightstown!! Havent seen them since Matthew Deaton was running. Hope you find a game. Good luck

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Is Corydon playing? I thought Paoli was looking for a game.

South Harrison School corp announced contact tracing was complete and ruled that they would be able to proceed this week as all cases had been isolated prior to the game last week and that no one else was at risk. Or at least that's a brief summation of what was said. Either way, they are supposed to play.

1 hour ago, senatorcoach72 said:

Sounds like CC just didn't want to play you.

3 hours ago, senatorcoach72 said:

Wow.  Hope to hell you find someone coach

According to Harrells teams with week 2 off currently include

LCC, Fountain Central, Knightstown, Switzerland Co, Riverton Parke, LaVille, amongst others. Nobody particularly close. Hope something can happen. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

According to Harrells teams with week 2 off currently include

LCC, Fountain Central, Knightstown, Switzerland Co, Riverton Parke, LaVille, amongst others. Nobody particularly close. Hope something can happen. Time will tell. 

I'd like to see WW go the route that Gibson Southern has and play a school like LCC. Prepare yourself for the tournament run. I think there is 27 teams looking for a game Friday. Surely they can come up with one. 

On 8/24/2020 at 5:23 AM, Randall J Peabody III said:

Just find it interesting that the Harrison County Health Department decides against this game, but allowed NH to travel to Salem the same night and play a school that has all their schools on Covid lockdown. From the outside looking in it sounds to me like someone just didn’t want to lose again. So this double standard of allowing some and not others is getting really tiresome really quick. 

This is ridiculous. There was a late minute cancellation to the game because of a positive test coming back just hours before the game. The school has nothing to do with cancelling the game the Health Department is the one who cancelled it. Had the news come out Thursday maybe the health department and school would have had enough time to do contact tracing to ensure it was safe for all involved to play. I can assure you the player, staff, and fans were more than ready to host Brownstown. 

But seriously some weak stuff from you bro. This thread has never had much of a negative light to it in the 7 years I’ve been on it yet you throw out allegations of cancelling because “someone didn’t want to lose again” get out of here with that junk man. 

On 8/22/2020 at 6:29 PM, btownqbcoach said:

We won't be canceling Seymour. In 2008 we lost out NH game.. us CT and Salem all had one loss in the conference and all tied for the title even though we played one less game. 

I can understand not wanting to cancel Seymour.. again not that it would matter because the non conferences do not match up. 

A team going 7-1 and one going 6-1 are not the same. It’s unfair to assume that one team would have won their “extra game” if it were played.  BC should request the Corydon game be considered a forfeit on CC end and BC be 1-0 currently. 

Charlestown 20 at Brownstown 32 

Clarksville 28 at Eastern0

Corydon 35 at Paoli 8

Salem 7 at Silver Creek 40 

Scottsburg 0 at North Harrison 35

Can assume some windy or wet weather may affect these a bit... or cancel, ugh.

6 hours ago, SuhMe said:

I can understand not wanting to cancel Seymour.. again not that it would matter because the non conferences do not match up. 

A team going 7-1 and one going 6-1 are not the same. It’s unfair to assume that one team would have won their “extra game” if it were played.  BC should request the Corydon game be considered a forfeit on CC end and BC be 1-0 currently. 

No thats not fair to Corydon. I wasn't trying to argue that 6-1 vs 7-1 is fair or whatever. I'm telling you thats what the conference would do. It's been done before. 2008

Edited by btownqbcoach

8 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

No thats not fair to Corydon. I wasn't trying to argue that 6-1 vs 7-1 is fair or whatever. I'm telling you thats what the conference would do. It's been done before. 2008

That’s cool, it is good not to punish teams for things outside their control like that. 

17 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

Who would be being punished? 

No one would be, for instances like last week cancellation or whatever led to the cancellation in, what did you say, 08? Weren’t you still playing back in 08?